Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

53 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

A tilapia fillet from the same source, but baked in butter and lemon juice

How long did you bake the fillet for?

I've ordered some Pollock fillets from Siamburis delivery with the intention of putting them in the slow cooker but depending on how thick they are I might try baking them after seeing yours!!

33 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

How long did you bake the fillet for?

It was a single fillet and not very thick, so seven minutes at 350° F (177° C), then 60 seconds under the broiler to toast the panko crumbs and give the fillet a golden brown color.  More fillets or thicker fillets would have required a longer time.  The three catfish fillets were thicker and I baked them for seven minutes on each side but skipped the broiler.

It's the thickness of the fillet that's the prime factor in determining cooking time, but the consistency of the fillet also figures in.  Tilapia has more delicate flesh than catfish.

Evil

• Thanks 1

One great thing about the autumn is the vegetables, such as parsnips, sweet potatoes and butternut squash.

IMG_1924.png

After oven roasting:

IMG_1928a.png

IMG_1931.png

The sweet potatoes caramelized nicely, with plenty of natural sweetness.

Butternut squash roasted different ways:

IMG_1807.png

IMG_1856.png

IMG_1857.png

Mushrooms are also tasty in the fall.  Into the pan ...

IMG_1900.png

... and after sauteeing in butter for five minutes on each side

IMG_1903.png

I put the mushrooms and slices of leftover pork into a sauce made of pork gravy and mustard. topped with sour cream.

Untitled-2.png

When I have lunch alone, I can have the roast veggies with a few slices of bacon.  Roasted  parsnips and sweet potatoes go great with bacon.

IMG_1826.png

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/15/2021 at 3:37 AM, Evil Penevil said:

Bad angle on this pic,  but it's leftover chicken breast sauteed with sweet peppers, butternut squash and celery, then topped with a fried egg and tomato and avocado wedges; arepas on the side.

IMG_1732.png

Baked catfish with cornbread and dirty rice; can't get much more Southern than that!

IMG_1916.png

IMG_1920.png

It was farm-raised catfish but never frozen and very fresh. The fish farm is a small operation and most of its output goes to restaurants in nearby cities, but some makes it to a local fish monger who then texts regular customers.  I baked the herb-encrusted fillets in olive oil and topped with panko bread crumbs.  Really good taste that depended mostly on the freshness of the fish.

IMG_1912.png

A tilapia fillet from the same source, but baked in butter and lemon juice with Mexican yellow rice on the side.

IMG_1894.png

IMG_1896.png

Pork chop with homemade pear chutney and bread dressing. Pears and pork go well together!

IMG_1885.png

IMG_1890.png

Catfish meal is lovely. I haven't had it in a while, probably my favorite. Love good cornbread also.

Your post gives me a great idea for dinner. Off to the grocery store soon.