Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

Dairy is the one thing I doubt I could ever give up , Cheese has to be the real thing 

Yeah, that's been a struggle at times as I'm a massive cheese lover.Apart from that dairy is pretty replaceable with plant versions.

• Like 1

My local shop had some puff pastry on its sell by date....

Somewhere hidden in there is  a chicken breast, and some mushroom duelling. Should have shaped it, or maybe measured my plates first.

Served with steamed veg, and a cheese and mustard sauce

20211101_185418.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Painter said:

My local shop had some puff pastry on its sell by date....

Somewhere hidden in there is  a chicken breast, and some mushroom duelling. Should have shaped it, or maybe measured my plates first.

Served with steamed veg, and a cheese and mustard sauce

20211101_185418.jpg

I think that was a family sized pie.     :default_biggrin: 

• Haha 1

I’m off the KETO for today, was going to visit downtown Montreal for a huge cheat meal with pizza, pasta, rice….any kind of carbs. Then I saw there was a hockey game(Detroit Red Wings in town), so decided I wasn’t going to drive 15 miles for food and scenery, AND struggle to find parking. Knew I had a few pounds of chicken, then looked in the cupboards and found some yellow curry sauce and pasta. Simply delicious, and might have saved myself $100 between food, booze, fuel, etc……tomorrow is another day

DD78AAF1-52B3-431E-B983-44867D0B7C90.jpeg

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Chicken panang cooked by an expert,lovely!

f8e5bbbc-1c7d-42e2-839f-d8649b746c50.jpg

One of my all time favourites.

If you like to experiment, try cutting up a banana into 1/2" slices and add it to the penang for the last few minutes of cooking, it will not take long before the banana pieces begin to 'melt', and to me gives the curry a new level of flavour.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tko said:

Burger King delivery.

BKHome1.jpg

Is that your green stuff or was it delivered like that?

If that was how it arrived then a big round of applause to BK. That looks crisp, fresh and not floppy at all!

Well done BK!

EDIT - There is/was a BK takeaway near me and I love the mushroom sauce with Swiss cheese

Edited by Derek Dangleberries
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Is that your green stuff or was it delivered like that?

If that was how it arrived then a big round of applause to BK. That looks crisp, fresh and not floppy at all!

Well done BK!

EDIT - There is/was a BK takeaway near me and I love the mushroom sauce with Swiss cheese

That's the way it came.

• Thumbs Up 1

My take on Amish chicken and dumplings, which is a heartier version than the Southern-style counterpart:

IMG_1838.png

Amish style includes potatoes, onions, carrots, celery and garden peas as well as the two stars, chicken and big, fluffy dumplings. I didn't have any peas in the freezer, so they were left out. I browned the chicken, removed it from the pan, then gently browned the vegetables:

IMG_1829.png

I let the chicken and veggies simmer in chicken stock for 30 minutes, then cooked the dumplings in the drained stock.

IMG_1833.png

The dumplings are really simple to make (my mom's recipe): flour, water and baking soda, mixed together with minimal stirring, then dropped into the boiling stock and pan immediately covered.  The dumplings cooked for 10 minutes, rising to four times their original size.  I turned off the heat at that point and let the pan rest covered for another 30 minutes as the residual heat finishes cooking the dumplings while keeping them light and fluffy.  Really good and perfect for a chilly autumn day.

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2