Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

3 hours ago, Zambo said:

That looks great. I worked in India for a while and was based in a town north of chennai. I stayed in a hotel for a few weeks, the buffet breakfasts were fabulous. Mainly vegetarian (I doubt strictly vegan) and a huge range of dishes, no need to eat more until dinner time. Of course arguably British indian food is better than the original...

I was on a Malaysian airlines flight from Jeddah to KL that had an engine problem so we put down in Madras.  We were there for two days before the airline gave up and sent us a new aircraft.

They put us up in a hotel which did buffet lunches and dinners.  Hotel staff stood at the end of the line to tell the Saudi's in their thobes what on their plates wasn't halal so they could scrape it into the trash, LOL.  The Saudis were mostly drinking in the bar between meals with the rest of us anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, tko said:

I was on a Malaysian airlines flight from Jeddah to KL that had an engine problem so we put down in Madras.  We were there for two days before the airline gave up and sent us a new aircraft.

They put us up in a hotel which did buffet lunches and dinners.  Hotel staff stood at the end of the line to tell the Saudi's in their thobes what on their plates wasn't halal so they could scrape it into the trash, LOL.  The Saudis were mostly drinking in the bar between meals with the rest of us anyway.

Those guys must really like hoing and drinking when they get the chance.

The wife thought she’d treat me to a Big Mac and fries the other evening, so she bought one for me on her way home as a surprise.
I used to like them a lot, but for some reason I couldn’t even get half way through it before it went into the bin. 

I’m getting old. 🥹

• Sad 2
  • Surprised 1

4 hours ago, rajs123 said:

I have been in the UK for over two years now and sadly I have yet to have a proper Indian meal. Maybe I have not been to many restaurants here, but the ones I have been to have been very bland and tasteless. I have had much better in Sydney (even in the food courts there) and in the USA. I have noticed that in many of the Indian restaurants, they precook the meat and just toss it in the cooking sauce when a customer orders it.

I am of Indian origin so may I have been spoiled by home cooking.

Might explain your experience 

https://theculturetrip.com/asia/bangladesh/articles/why-the-uks-indian-curry-houses-are-starting-to-celebrate-their-bangladeshi-roots/

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

Baked spinach at a local Italian-Asian fusion place.

image.jpeg

Pimped up spag bol, quite spicy.

image.jpeg

Mom and little guy are at the country house for a week, so daughter and I are cutting down on dishwashing by eating out after school.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3