Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

3 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I'm lucky because my neighbour has a tomato plant between our houses and they let me pick what I want so having a couple of newly ripe cherry tomatoes begins the process of having a sandwich rather than being an afterthought! 

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

I always buy vine tomatoes, so much more flavor than the cheaper option.

Toms straight off the plant, especially if you grow your own are in a league of their own for sure.

I was lucky growing up because my parents had a green house and grew Toms and cucumbers. 

Edited by boydeste
  • Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Toms straight off the plant, especially if you grow your own are in a league of their own for sure.

I was lucky growing up because my parents had a green house and grew Toms and cucumbers. 

Same with me, my dad grew all our vegetables. Shame that way of life has disappeared these days. Loved being in the garden with my dad tending the vegetables as a kid.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Same with me, my dad grew all our vegetables. Shame that way of life has disappeared these days. Loved being in the garden with my dad tending the vegetables as a kid.

Yep, I had a magnificent childhood. Fresh broad beans were my favourite. Easy to pick, easy to shuck and bloody delicious!! Peas never made it into the kitchen though .. we were always out nicking them and eating them raw..maggots and all!!

Fever tomorrow I think and restock my freezer with frozen ones !!

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I'm lucky because my neighbour has a tomato plant between our houses and they let me pick what I want so having a couple of newly ripe cherry tomatoes begins the process of having a sandwich rather than being an afterthought! 

Going to be planting several of em when I get back from my next trip.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I have to admit that I had to google "smoothie bowl" because I was going to hunt you down and kill you if you put such a thing of beauty into one of them blender thingies .....

It looks wonderful !!!

It all tasted fantastic as well , I will be back ..

• Great Info 1

17 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Hor Mok ( seafood curry in a coconut) 

I've only used "Hau Mok" for the 20 Baht pappaya/fish/mushroom things wrapped in green leaves that you see on carts on Buakhao...In my understanding "hau" means to wrap ...f**k knows what "Mok" means. The best ones are the red curry ones which are left in the fridge overnight to "congeal" then sold open with cream on top

The reason I remember it (and also why I sometimes get it wrong) is because it is a spoonerism of Mau Hok which is colloquial for Matayom 6 ..6th grade at school...and yes I used to embarrass my daughter at school.. 

Edited by Derek Dangleberries
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I've only used "Hau Mok" for the 20 Baht pappaya/fish/mushroom things wrapped in green leaves that you see on carts on Buakhao...In my understanding "hau" means to wrap ...f**k knows what "Mok" means. The best ones are the red curry ones which are left in the fridge overnight to "congeal" then sold open with cream on top

The reason I remember it (and also why I sometimes get it wrong) is because it is a spoonerism of Mau Hok which is colloquial for Matayom 6 ..6th grade at school...and yes I used to embarrass my daughter at school.. 

Hor Mok Ma Prao On 

https://www.eatingthaifood.com/hor-mok-ma-prao-on-seafood-curry-in-coconut/