Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

2 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

Beer Lao Dark is a treat.

I wouldn't say either the Dark or the Lager are widely availailable though. Although a friend told me that both Butterflies and Billboard serve it at a bargain 180 Baht😇

Have been to the Goose Island Brew pub, before seeing the Cubs. Both were fantastic, had an Old Fashioned Beer in Wrigley Field, a new one on me.

That was before Goose Island sold their business to AB. Wouldn't buy it in the UK on principle, would rather give my money to one of the smaller independant brewers than a brewing giant. However in Thailand now, and I'd snap you hand off for a pint to it😀

Nicely stated !

Ditto.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

oo fucking true mate!

I'm planning next year's dates to fit in with local Beer Festivals to try out loads of Independent Brewers all in one go.

Also, what has become my favourite pub, changes his ales EVERY WEEK!!! Fantastic choice!!

That pub looks fantastic, and I applaud your holiday strategy Sir!!

You maybe familair with the site but Whatpub is an excellent resource. Opening times of independant pubs can vary, Whatpub is always correct, unlike Google

https://whatpub.com/search?q=devizes&lat=51.35&lng=-1.98333&r=10&t=t&p=1&features=PubClub%2COpen%2CRealAle&home=1

• Great Info 2

6 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

Beer Lao Dark is a treat.

I wouldn't say either the Dark or the Lager are widely availailable though. Although a friend told me that both Butterflies and Billboard serve it at a bargain 180 Baht😇

Have been to the Goose Island Brew pub, before seeing the Cubs. Both were fantastic, had an Old Fashioned Beer in Wrigley Field, a new one on me.

That was before Goose Island sold their business to AB. Wouldn't buy it in the UK on principle, would rather give my money to one of the smaller independant brewers than a brewing giant. However in Thailand now, and I'd snap you hand off for a pint to it😀

Beer Lao Dark is the nectar of the gods.

• Thumbs Up 1

Decided on a healthy breakfast in Bake n Brew today. Crush advocado, with cottage cheese and pine nuts on  toasted sour dough bread

Unfortunately it wasn't very tasty and I nearly threw up.10 minutes later as my stomach started to reject anything which us healthy. I should have had a greasy fry up😗🙃

Nothing wrong at all with food quality there and they the best cappuccino in town.

20231021_154425.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Surprised 2

7 hours ago, Glasseye said:

You must pack a 10 pound bag of spuds when you go.

Actually,  I take tinned spuds and fry them off with a little oil and the onions. Makes a nice addition to the meat.

Today's brunch, bacon and eggs with HP sauce. 

20231023_122558.jpg

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

6 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

The perfect fried egg ....... but which one am I referring to.....???

Which is yours Wooooooooooo ???

TW's.  Crispy cooked along the edges but the yoke is still liquid to break into the krapow.  Mine looked like it came out of  a machine.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

The perfect fried egg ....... but which one am I referring to.....???

Which is yours Wooooooooooo ???

The one with the crispy edges. 
The wife cooks the same for me in a Wok to which she adds a spoonful of water to the Wok as the egg cooks. Lovely and crispy. 👍
She somehow makes the egg edges taste sweet, but I don’t know how, only that I love them. đŸ€—

• Thumbs Up 2

16 hours ago, boydeste said:

I take tinned spuds and fry them off with a little oil and the onions. Makes a nice addition to the meat.

Whenever I have a Fuk I think about you (darling!). I don't actually enjoy a Fuk but see it as part of my 5 a day, and a large segment seems to last for weeks!!

I am, of course referring to pumpkin!

I reckon it will keep fresh for the 3 weeks you are away fishing. Slice a chunk off, add a carrot, chop it up, boil it up, mash it up with a knob of butter and you will poop regularly !!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Whenever I have a Fuk I think about you (darling!). I don't actually enjoy a Fuk but see it as part of my 5 a day, and a large segment seems to last for weeks!!

I am, of course referring to pumpkin!

I reckon it will keep fresh for the 3 weeks you are away fishing. Slice a chunk off, add a carrot, chop it up, boil it up, mash it up with a knob of butter and you will poop regularly !!!

Don't think I have ever eaten pumpkin, maybe as a child, if so I don't remember. 

I don't like turnips and not that keen on swede either. Does it have a similar taste?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Don't think I have ever eaten pumpkin, maybe as a child, if so I don't remember. 

I don't like turnips and not that keen on swede either. Does it have a similar taste?

Definitely not as strong. Just as mild as carrot really.

To me both are "functional foods" in that I eat them regularly not because I enjoy them but they keep the poop flowing daily .. And they are so bloody easy to cook (I leave the skin on).

• Thumbs Up 2