Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

41 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Today's brunch, butcher's sausages with egg and HP sauce. 

20231024_114520.jpg

You often feature butcher sausage and they look good; but what's the difference between a butcher sausage and a bratwurst that TKO seems to feature often?

What makes it a butcher?

9 minutes ago, Trip said:

You often feature butcher sausage and they look good; but what's the difference between a butcher sausage and a bratwurst that TKO seems to feature often?

What makes it a butcher?

They are from a one man band butcher local to me who normally only deals with local trade. His own made sausages ( secret recipe) are the best I have had. Full of flavour and very little fat.

Commercially available sausage generally don't come close.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

4 hours ago, Trip said:

What makes it a butcher?

Mine are commercial, though the smokehouse I get them from most often is a fairly small outfit.  You won't find their goods in stores, you have to call in an order.  Fat content is low, and flavor is high.  About as close as you can get to a western local butcher shop in Thailand.

Edited by tko
there, they're, their. I'll get it right on the second try.
  • Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, boydeste said:

Don't think I have ever eaten pumpkin, maybe as a child, if so I don't remember. 

I don't like turnips and not that keen on swede either. Does it have a similar taste?

When I was a kid I would eat pumpkin pie, usually on Thanksgiving. I never got very excited about it. As an adult I really like it, but covered with some whipped cream for sure. 

Over the years pumpkin has become more common in the American diet, particularly soup which became rather common. Very tasty, and very healthy. 

My favorite was carving pumkins for Halloween. Srapping out the seeds and separating them. Mom would then soak them in water. After a good soaking, dry them out, spread them on a large flat pan and brake them in butter/salt. Friggen wonderful treat !

In the later years we tierd of the carving traditions. Me and the guys turned into pumpkin delinquents. Grabbing them off porches and lofting them into the pavements(hence, smashing pumpkins). It was great fun, but absolute stupidity.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Surprised 1

8 hours ago, Glasseye said:

When I was a kid I would eat pumpkin pie, usually on Thanksgiving. I never got very excited about it. As an adult I really like it, but covered with some whipped cream for sure. 

My favorite holiday dessert.  I'll bake two pies the day before Thanksgiving, and put one in the freezer for Christmas eve dinner.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Over the years pumpkin has become more common in the American diet, particularly soup which became rather common. Very tasty, and very healthy. 

My favorite was carving pumkins for Halloween. Srapping out the seeds and separating them. Mom would then soak them in water. After a good soaking, dry them out, spread them on a large flat pan and brake them in butter/salt. Friggen wonderful treat !

In the later years we tierd of the carving traditions. Me and the guys turned into pumpkin delinquents. Grabbing them off porches and lofting them into the pavements(hence, smashing pumpkins). It was great fun, but absolute stupidity.

Good post except for the last paragraph.

14 hours ago, tko said:

Mine are commercial, though the smokehouse I get them from most often is a fairly small outfit.  You won't find their goods in stores, you have to call in an order.  Fat content is low, and flavor is high.  About as close as you can get to a western local butcher shop in Thailand.

I use Smokey Mountain products. I am not a great Sausage eater ...Oooooh Matron.... but I do like to try them out once in a while.

My current favourite is their Kransky with cheese... 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

56 minutes ago, KWA said:

This had a fancy name on the menu that I can't recall, but was basically an avocado, ham and egg wrap and was pretty tasteless.  Beachside restaurant in Lamai, Koh Samui.

avocado wrap.jpg

If you are staying in Lamai - try Seventy Fahrenheit or Piri Piri , I enjoyed them both when I was last there