Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

1 hour ago, SteveBC said:

I just asked Mr. Google what poutine was, and from what he told me i must say it looks divine......the type of grub one craves for after a bellyful of ale......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/24593178@N04/

Absolutely. It’s a popular dish in Quebec, but the rest of the country’s provinces have caught on and it’s served everywhere, either alone as a meal, or as a substitute/extra with a fast food meal instead of fries(chips). 

So many shops serve it around Montreal, and like gyro/shawarma, most people will have a favourite spot, it’s a hard dish to screw up, always going to be pretty decent(not fine cuisine). 

But……as a man who has continually struggled with my weight for 20 years, I’m happy to say I’ve almost never indulged. Poutine is of the densest calorie things you can eat, I remember when I was a fitter youth and worked out regularly…….the day after eating the meal version , I  would scale in a full 3-4 pounds heavier. Worse than pasta IMO, but worth a try once in a while, like a soapy!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

always going to be pretty decent (not fine cuisine). 

but worth a try once in a while, like a soapy!

1st quote,     the few odd times i have tried so called 'fine cuisine', i've thought afterwards why did i bother with it....

2nd quote,    never a truer word spoken.............

https://www.flickr.com/photos/24593178@N04/

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

Apple Betty.

Kinda a cross between a crumble and pie.

Well, we are on holiday...

20210831_173957.jpg

That does look rather splendid, but i assume that is a kid's portion ?? 

As you say, you are on holiday, so best you have 4 of the above mate.....

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Absolutely truthfully ... That looks like my cat's vomit after he has gulped down too much Whiskas too quickly...

Plenty of Asian /SE Asian dishes taste far better than they look. Many of the Issan dishes look awful but taste decent for example. This is just chickpeas in a masala sauce. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Plenty of Asian /SE Asian dishes taste far better than they look. Many of the Issan dishes look awful but taste decent for example. This is just chickpeas in a masala sauce. 

Yep. I lived in Isaan for 16 years and have always eaten everything put in front of me, but I almost kicked the cat for puking on my PC screen !!!

Happy Birthday !!!

• Thanks 1