Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

1 hour ago, john luke said:

0B0A9827 copy.jpg

Air Fried salmon, new potatoes, sweet pepper and mushrooms.

That looks very good. I may have to look into getting one of those air fryers. 

I typically avoid new gadgets because I find that most of them end up just taking space. But, the more I hear about and see what the air fryers can do the more I am considering.

I'd be interested if you can do KFC (original style) chicken in one of them.

4 hours ago, Glasseye said:

That looks very good. I may have to look into getting one of those air fryers. 

I typically avoid new gadgets because I find that most of them end up just taking space. But, the more I hear about and see what the air fryers can do the more I am considering.

I'd be interested if you can do KFC (original style) chicken in one of them.

https://dinedreamdiscover.com/air-fryer-fried-chicken-kfc-copycat/

https://recipethis.com/how-to-make-kfc-chicken-in-the-airfryer/

The answer to your question would appear to be yes.

I am very much an air fryer convert.  Just search air fryer receipes or similar on YouTube and you will get hundreds of results.  The only thing I find with most of the receipes is that they advise use of many and various spices, flavouring, peppers and the like.  To buy everything they suggested you would need a cupboard the size of a warehouse.  I think it is a case of look at what spices, flavouring or peppers you have and apply those to the reciepe.

My lunch in the picture had everything covered with a light oil spray, pepper and dark soy sauce, plus the salmon had the same plus a coating of Mayonnaise .

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, john luke said:

https://dinedreamdiscover.com/air-fryer-fried-chicken-kfc-copycat/

https://recipethis.com/how-to-make-kfc-chicken-in-the-airfryer/

The answer to your question would appear to be yes.

I am very much an air fryer convert.  Just search air fryer receipes or similar on YouTube and you will get hundreds of results.  The only thing I find with most of the receipes is that they advise use of many and various spices, flavouring, peppers and the like.  To buy everything they suggested you would need a cupboard the size of a warehouse.  I think it is a case of look at what spices, flavouring or peppers you have and apply those to the reciepe.

My lunch in the picture had everything covered with a light oil spray, pepper and dark soy sauce, plus the salmon had the same plus a coating of Mayonnaise .

Thanks ! I have a boatload of spices that are looking to be used and abused.

I did a search on fryers. Ended up on Walmarts site which seemed to have every one ever invented.   lol

Priced from around $60 on up. I cook for myself probably 96.6 % of the time so I don't need a big one. But I do like a quality product. I have no clue when looking at these things. 

Any recommendations ?    :default_bow:

Cosori seem to get good reviews.  I think they are all pretty much the same.  You pay more for one with a digital timer and temperature control.  Mine in UK is a VPCOK which I have had no problems with.  I have a Haier with a mechanical timer and temperature control at the condo in Thailand which again I have had no problems with.

4 minutes ago, john luke said:

Cosori seem to get good reviews.  I think they are all pretty much the same.  You pay more for one with a digital timer and temperature control.  Mine in UK is a VPCOK which I have had no problems with.  I have a Haier with a mechanical timer and temperature control at the condo in Thailand which again I have had no problems with.

Cheers !

5 hours ago, john luke said:

Whatever takes your fancy and fits your budget ok. But a couple of pointers from my experience.

1./   I prefer mechanical timers / thermostats, then no problems with faulty / fading displays in the future.

2./  You can fit a small steak / jacket potato / fish or whatever in a largish airfryer, but you cannot fit a larger steak / spud / fish, whatever in a small appliance.    No need to buy the largest but you will likely find that many of the smaller / cheaper ones are not able to cook many things efficiently....

• Great Info 1

21 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

A berry good breakfast

119d6af6-ff29-430a-afb3-1be0879b7ed8.jpg

Indeed. I do a oatmeal concoction (with blueberries and raisins) usually every other day. But, yours looks much better.

The bowl I fix up - I use frozen blueberries (not very expensive, at last a long time). Pour out a few of them and quickly defrost in the micro. Then heat some milk and pour over the blueberries and oatmeal. Stir in some raisins, and waaaa laaa.

About an hour later I am shitting like a goose. 

Cheap, easy, healthy and tasty !

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Thanks ! I have a boatload of spices that are looking to be used and abused.

Not quite KFC, but dipped in spiced flour, egged and breadcrumbed (twice) then sprayed with oil and air fried.

Served with the predictable rabbit food and coleslaw

20210821_173135.jpg

20210821_173146.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1