Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

23 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

A lot of talk on another thread about British food.You won't get much better than this,Steak & Old Peculier Ale pie with pease pudding,veg & gravy.& a decent French vin rouge.

bap.jpg

That looks the bollocks.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Baldylocks said:

This is the best spaghetti i have had, beef, bacon, melted gouda cheese, cooked then baked in an oven. I thought i couldnt eat all that, truth was i couldn't leave any.

20190622_214248.jpg

Replace the gouda with gruyere or emmental, and it will be perfect ! 

But nice idea, I'll keep it in mind for one of those days.

• Like 1

On 6/22/2019 at 2:41 PM, galenkia said:

Tonight's dinner was gammon steak,garlic mash,sweetcorn and picalilli.

DSCN0172.JPG

That type of ham is a very easy fry up and rather tasty. I haven't had any for a while. I'm going to have to pick some up. I like easy and tasty.

3 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

That type of ham is a very easy fry up and rather tasty. I haven't had any for a while. I'm going to have to pick some up. I like easy and tasty.

That  portion was half of a pack that cost £3,so its a pretty cheap and tasty meal.

Other ingredients cost around a pound so about £2.50 for the meal.

3 hours ago, galenkia said:

That  portion was half of a pack that cost £3,so its a pretty cheap and tasty meal.

Other ingredients cost around a pound so about £2.50 for the meal.

Yep. Usually get 2 good meals out of it.

My typical meal is usually around $3 (or less). And I enjoy most of them. 

I look for meat that is on clearance (often good stuff around $3/lb.). Cook it or freeze it that day. Most of the sides I buy are date over due and cheap, but good quality. Save a ton on that.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Yep. Usually get 2 good meals out of it.

My typical meal is usually around $3 (or less). And I enjoy most of them. 

I look for meat that is on clearance (often good stuff around $3/lb.). Cook it or freeze it that day. Most of the sides I buy are date over due and cheap, but good quality. Save a ton on that.

I always look out for reduced stuff as well.Most sell by dates are within safe eating time.Only thing i am careful with is shellfish.They can make you real sick if they are off.

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

I always look out for reduced stuff as well.Most sell by dates are within safe eating time.Only thing i am careful with is shellfish.They can make you real sick if they are off.

I saw a documentary from French TV on Youtube concerning the expiry date thing.

They had stuff over expiry 2 day, 1 week, 1 month and had it tested in labs for bacteria and presence of any harmful stuff. Everything passed. Now note I am not speaking about packed meat or fish !

Dates are mainly set on "taste" reason, i.e. the manufacturer thinks that after a certain date the product will loose a bit of its perfect taste, and hence will give it a bad reputation. Then there is the excessive safety thing. Then the commercial thing, when a product in your fridge arrives at expiry date you tend to rush to consume it....and then buy another one.

Personally except for.very sensitive stuff, I often consume past date stuff.  Note that the way you keep it (refrigerated) plays a very important role.

But, look at eggs in the west. Packed, kept cool, with an expiry date. Look how eggs are kept and sold in developing countries. Here, bought by the kilo, kept in open air, no expiry date. I still keep them in the fridge but don't worry about dates. 

• Like 1