Obituary/RIP Recent Passings (Threads Merged)

Glasseye

10 hours ago, maipenrai said:

Sad to hear this - I  can still recall what a big hit his song "The Last Farewell" was in the mid/late '70s, can't remember what year - I remember a friend of mine at the time saying, "it's like a technicolour movie in a song" and it was, really - lovely song. 

Originally recorded by Whitaker in 1971 and then became popular in the US in 1975 when it hit the charts after some Dj from one station started playing it daily.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Trip said:

Originally recorded by Whitaker in 1971 and then became popular in the US in 1975 when it hit the charts after some Dj from one station started playing it daily.

Reminds me of Rasputin a few years back….I kept telling myself “ I keep hearing this on the radio, but the genre doesn’t sound very new”…….😂

9 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

If you make it through your 70's - fair chance you will make it to 100.

Through your 70's, that's the challenge. I'm confident about to 70 and would bet on it. I might lock myself away for the tricky 71 - 80 years and then have a blast for 20 years.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, fforest said:

Keptang – The end of an era

Pattaya-News-6-Keptang-The-end-of-an-era

https://www.pattayamail.com/news/keptang-the-end-of-an-era-441529

Many long-term residents and visitors to Jomtien, will doubtless recognize Keptang, a large, white dog who did not consider rejection an option when, as a youngster, he took a liking to Bondi Bar 

Never had the pleasure of meeting him. I guessing that if he had been an English dog, he would have been named Bill?

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

If you make it through your 70's - fair chance you will make it to 100.

Not hardly......

After looking at the numbers before, It seems if you make it to 80 there is a fair chance you will make it to 89-90...

A whole boatload of people die at 90......But if you make it to 91 you might live to 95.....But 95 is pretty much the end of the road for almost everyone except the very very very few that make it to 100..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, fforest said:

Not hardly......

After looking at the numbers before, It seems if you make it to 80 there is a fair chance you will make it to 89-90...

A whole boatload of people die at 90......But if you make it to 91 you might live to 95.....But 95 is pretty much the end of the road for almost everyone except the very very very few that make it to 100..

55555555555555 !!!!

Im loving IT - YouTube

• Like 2

On 9/26/2023 at 3:59 AM, fforest said:

Not hardly......

Just live everyday as if it were your last...

Then be extremely happy when you wake up the next morning. :default_es0cw:

• Thumbs Up 3