Obituary/RIP Recent Passings (Threads Merged)

Glasseye

40 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

That is a shock. Never knew he was sick. Very funny man.

He had had skin cancer many years ago, which he put down to when he worked on many build sites and chose not to wear a shirt on sunny days. 

Just over a year ago he appeared on TV shows looking extremely thin and his voice had changed. I assume that the cancer had come back. 

My neighbor had most of his bottom  lip and part of his face, jaw and neck removed 10 years ago, because of melanoma. He’d had radiation treatment for weeks to shrink the tumours, prior to surgery but melanoma spreads quickly and they tend to have to remove wider tissue margins to stop further spread. 
Three weeks ago, he told me it had come back with a vengeance and was awaiting a prognosis, as the surgeon said surgery may not be possible due to how far it had spread up his face and radiation treatment alone won’t work. 

• Sad 3

6 hours ago, KhunDon said:

Just over a year ago he appeared on TV shows looking extremely thin and his voice had changed. I assume that the cancer had come back. 

My neighbor had most of his bottom  lip and part of his face, jaw and neck removed 10 years ago, because of melanoma. He’d had radiation treatment for weeks to shrink the tumours, prior to surgery but melanoma spreads quickly and they tend to have to remove wider tissue margins to stop further spread. 
Three weeks ago, he told me it had come back with a vengeance and was awaiting a prognosis, as the surgeon said surgery may not be possible due to how far it had spread up his face and radiation treatment alone won’t work. 

A very good mate of mine from when we worked in Oman together got a malignant melanoma on his cheek.He was black haired & always got a dark tan in the sun so when he played golf in Thailand he didn't wear a hat.

He retired & lived in Jomtien with his Thai wife who he met & married in Oman & died in a Bangkok hospital a few months ago.

Maybe someone on here knew him.RIP Bryan Rought my old friend.

Even if you are dark skinned the sun can still kill you so take care!

• Great Info 1

4 hours ago, coxyhog said:

A very good mate of mine from when we worked in Oman together got a malignant melanoma on his cheek.He was black haired & always got a dark tan in the sun so when he played golf in Thailand he didn't wear a hat.

He retired & lived in Jomtien with his Thai wife who he met & married in Oman & died in a Bangkok hospital a few months ago.

Maybe someone on here knew him.RIP Bryan Rought my old friend.

Even if you are dark skinned the sun can still kill you so take care!

Skin cancer is a huge killer. Should probably see a dermatologist 3 times per year (for us older folks), especially if you are lighter skin and have spent a lot of time in the sun. Nasty stuff.

• Thumbs Up 1

55 minutes ago, Atticus said:

RIP Don Everly of the Everly Brothers who died yesterday age 84...

FILE - In this July 31,

https://variety.com/2021/music/obituaries-people-news/don-everly-dead-everly-brothers-harmony-1235046396/

What a huge influence ! What a great artist ! What a great voice !    Made the girls melt like ice on a hot stove.

RIP Don.

It's raining now. So, I thought this song was proper for this moment.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

That's sad. I think the Stones were planning on a Tour this year as well. 

It'd already been announced that they'd be using a replacement drummer for the tour due to Charlie being ill, so the tour may still go ahead.

• Great Info 3

1 hour ago, monkeyman said:

It'd already been announced that they'd be using a replacement drummer for the tour due to Charlie being ill, so the tour may still go ahead.

I remember going to their "retirement" gig. Milwaukee County Stadium..... I think it was 1976.    55555555

Dog bless them though.

1 hour ago, Glasseye said:

I remember going to their "retirement" gig. Milwaukee County Stadium..... I think it was 1976.    55555555

Dog bless them though.

They ran that retirement thing into the ground......For decades......This is our final tour,over and over....

1 hour ago, fforest said:

They ran that retirement thing into the ground......For decades......This is our final tour,over and over....

I remember visiting Montreal, seems like a decade ago IIRC, and the radio just announced the best seats to that “farewell tour” were going for $650, retail. Don’t believe Stubhub was around, if so I could see 10K for a good seat

Edited by Golfingboy