Obituary/RIP Recent Passings (Threads Merged)

Glasseye

4 hours ago, Glasseye said:

I take that back.... This is my favorite ZZ Top tune(s)....

Saw them twice, first time in Germany in 1986 and again on tour when they came through Sacramento about 20 years ago with Lynyrd Skynyrd opening.

It was amazing to my ears how just three guys on stage, a drummer, guitarist and bass player could produce so much sound!

What a fantastic band! RIP.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stillearly said:

RIP Dusty. One of my all time fav bands, play em all the time particular when driving long distances, great driving music imo. Saw em at Birmingham NEC along with Eric Clapton and Joe Cocker.

This my fav song......

• Like 2

4 hours ago, coxyhog said:

RIP Terry Cooper,Leeds Utd & England left back.

One of England's best left backs in my opinion.

If not one of the best, then one of the first "overlapping defenders", now considered to be "wingbacks" ...like a chair in an OAP home ...

I missed out on seeing him play at ER by a couple of years as I saw the tag end of the Revie players and the beginning of Jim Armfield's Army period.

• Like 2

On 7/18/2021 at 4:34 PM, Yesitisdakid said:

I did indeed years back. He was a generous kind guy. Long after i left Secrets he posted on the forum he was soon to return and would anyone like anything brought over. I was removed from the forum and did not have access to read the post. Striderman knowing i was a fan of Cadbury chocolate told him that a bar manager on soi 15 :default_biggrin: would be happy with a bar if he had room.

I knew nothing of this till Dave walked into babydolls with a large bag with 25 400G bars of the stuff he gives me the bag and says Steve said you like the stuff. I told him well yes but 1 would have been fine he replied was not sure which kind you wanted so to be sure got one of everyone they had. 

Months later he returns and has a case of 96 Cadburys cream eggs and said sorry had no time to shop so just brought the case of the cream eggs.

That was the kind of guy Dave was.

R.I.P. Big guy

Dave always delivered with the chocolate, tea bags and many more goodies. His dear wife Pla just gave me 4 bottles of HP sauce from his private collection 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Oh my, another one of Night Court’s regulars has passed. Markie Post, who played Miss Sullivan, gone at 70 from cancer. 

10CE67CF-D948-4FD2-9302-272437E77F78.jpeg

RIP Markie. She was the sexy goddess amongst the lovable misfits of Night Court.