Obituary/RIP Recent Passings (Threads Merged)

Glasseye

23 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Bernie Madoff dies in prison at 82......not too many tears will be shed for him. Unreal how a man can be that crooked and greedy, true scum

CD9461EF-8C0E-415E-B655-64DC9511CE73.jpeg

A person whom I respected greatly killed himself after losing his fortune to this piece of turd. I'd piss on Madoff's gravestone if I ever get the chance.

• Thumbs Up 3

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56770593

Actress Helen McCrory, known for her roles in Peaky Blinders and three Harry Potter films, has died of cancer at the age of 52, according to her husband, the actor Damian Lewis.

He wrote on Twitter: "I'm heartbroken to announce that after an heroic battle with cancer, the beautiful and mighty woman that is Helen McCrory has died peacefully at home, surrounded by a wave of love from family and friends.

"She died as she lived. Fearlessly. God we love her and we know how lucky we are to have had her in our lives."

He added: "She blazed so brightly. Go now, Little One, into the air, and thank you."

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

2 hours ago, Stillearly said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56770593

Actress Helen McCrory, known for her roles in Peaky Blinders and three Harry Potter films, has died of cancer at the age of 52, according to her husband, the actor Damian Lewis.

He wrote on Twitter: "I'm heartbroken to announce that after an heroic battle with cancer, the beautiful and mighty woman that is Helen McCrory has died peacefully at home, surrounded by a wave of love from family and friends.

"She died as she lived. Fearlessly. God we love her and we know how lucky we are to have had her in our lives."

He added: "She blazed so brightly. Go now, Little One, into the air, and thank you."

Brilliant actress married to a brilliant actor. Came as a shock to me. 

The new series of Peaky Blinders or part of there of is currently being filmed 5 minutes from my home in Rossendale, Lancashire. Sadly Helen won't be there. 

RIP. 

On 4/10/2021 at 6:57 PM, coxyhog said:

fs.jpg

"Garlic eating surrender monkeys" as a friend often referred to them along with the old "For Sale, one French Rifle, never fired and only dropped twice".

Edited by Butch
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

Loved Meatloaf's songs and albums that they collaborated together on ... went to see Meatloaf in concert the night before I sat my AO level Maths exam ... still had Bat out of Hell ringing in my ears as I sat down to do the paper 🙂 

Ditto from me, I see him live at the O2 for his final tour.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56921562

Michael Collins - one of the three crew members of the first manned mission to land on the Moon, Apollo 11 in 1969 - has died aged 90, his family say.

He died on Wednesday after "a valiant battle with cancer. He spent his final days peacefully, with his family by his side," they said.

Collins stayed in lunar orbit as his colleagues Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin walked on the Moon.

Aldrin, 91, is now the only surviving member of the mission.

Paying tribute to Collins, Aldrin wrote in a tweet: "Dear Mike, Wherever you have been or will be, you will always have the Fire to Carry us deftly to new heights and to the future. We will miss you. May you Rest In Peace."

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stillearly said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56921562

Michael Collins - one of the three crew members of the first manned mission to land on the Moon, Apollo 11 in 1969 - has died aged 90, his family say.

He died on Wednesday after "a valiant battle with cancer. He spent his final days peacefully, with his family by his side," they said.

Collins stayed in lunar orbit as his colleagues Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin walked on the Moon.

Aldrin, 91, is now the only surviving member of the mission.

Paying tribute to Collins, Aldrin wrote in a tweet: "Dear Mike, Wherever you have been or will be, you will always have the Fire to Carry us deftly to new heights and to the future. We will miss you. May you Rest In Peace."

Incredibly historical day. I was a young boy and recall the few hours before and during that event watching with my family..... as if it was yesterday.

Is it just me, or have there been many former athletes dropping the last year or so? Maybe not the most famous ones, but many ex-pros especially in the USA seem to be passing away. This man was a college football sensation at QB at Hawaii, set many passing records, but had a string of bad luck including drug abuse, and is gone at only 37. RIP

DBEDB75F-8A2C-4127-8CDF-126C68FFC573.jpeg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Is it just me, or have there been many former athletes dropping the last year or so? Maybe not the most famous ones, but many ex-pros especially in the USA seem to be passing away. This man was a college football sensation at QB at Hawaii, set many passing records, but had a string of bad luck including drug abuse, and is gone at only 37. RIP

DBEDB75F-8A2C-4127-8CDF-126C68FFC573.jpeg

I was just thinking the same thing and then I read your post.

It is sad when anybody dies way before their time but it makes a particular impression when it is somebody who has been an athlete/sportsman.

• Great Info 1

Was very sad to Barney Curley had passed away aged 81. 

Doubt anyone on here would have heard or him, but having met him years a truly fascinating, if a touch scary man!

One time trainee Jesuit priest, turned professional gambler with several scores over the million sterling in today's terms over the years.

R.I.P Barney

"Barney Curley, the mastermind behind arguably the greatest betting coup of all time, has died at the age of 81. 

Few men who have crossed the racing landscape can have divided opinion quite as successfully as the Northern Irishman, whose unlikely recovery from a bout of ravaging tuberculosis as a young man, then his decision to abandon plans for a career as a Jesuit priest and missionary, preserved him for a turbulent life in racing"

https://www.racingpost.com/news/barney-curley/barney-curley-legendary-punter-and-former-trainer-dies-at-the-age-of-81/487501

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

Was very sad to Barney Curley had passed away aged 81. 

Doubt anyone on here would have heard or him, but having met him years a truly fascinating, if a touch scary man!

One time trainee Jesuit priest, turned professional gambler with several scores over the million sterling in today's terms over the years.

R.I.P Barney

"Barney Curley, the mastermind behind arguably the greatest betting coup of all time, has died at the age of 81. 

Few men who have crossed the racing landscape can have divided opinion quite as successfully as the Northern Irishman, whose unlikely recovery from a bout of ravaging tuberculosis as a young man, then his decision to abandon plans for a career as a Jesuit priest and missionary, preserved him for a turbulent life in racing"

https://www.racingpost.com/news/barney-curley/barney-curley-legendary-punter-and-former-trainer-dies-at-the-age-of-81/487501

Interesting story https://www.racingpost.com/news/barney-curley/yellow-sam-a-perfectly-executed-gamble-that-netted-barney-curley-a-fortune/247363

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1