Obituary/RIP Recent Passings (Threads Merged)

Glasseye

Roger Cox.

I seem to be reading on Facebook that a great Pattaya character I knew from my days living on the dark side has passed away (seems around 2 weeks back). I am only reading about a funeral so didn't know the guy had been ill.  I would be happy if any body here could confirm this as he was at one time a member of Pattaya Live but not sure if he was on this forum. I remember going to a party for the girls of Noi's Bar (Lee) at a bowling alley and Roger's skills were most impressive.

Lovely guy. RIP

Edited by Horizondave

Back from my bike ride and saw a disturbing sight. On the south end of 2nd Rd I saw about a half dozen police around something on the sidewalk. Kind of figured what it would be and as I rode passed saw it was the body of a homeless person under a blanket. Sad that he or she left this world alone and destitute. RIP

• Sad 5

1 minute ago, forcebwithu said:

Back from my bike ride and saw a disturbing sight. On the south end of 2nd Rd I saw about a half dozen police around something on the sidewalk. Kind of figured what it would be and as I rode passed saw it was the body of a homeless person under a blanket. Sad that he or she left this world alone and destitute. RIP

Yes, probably like many of us (me included).

Willard Scott, longtime weatherman for 'Today,' dies at 87

Willard Scott, former longtime weatherman for 'Today,' who was known for his outgoing, jovial personality, and for celebrating the lives of viewers who had reached their milestone 100th birthdays, has died, according to the NBC show. He was 87.

The show said Scott died this week, according to fellow weatherman, Al Roker.

"We lost Willard Scott," Roker wrote on Twitter. "Passed peacefully at 87 surrounded by family, including his daughters Sally and Mary and his lovely wife, Paris. He was truly my second dad and am where I am today because of his generous spirit. Willard was truly a broadcast #icon."

• Sad 1

Terribly sad , only 39

Girls Aloud singer Sarah Harding, 39, who had breast cancer, died on Sunday morning, her mother has said.

Harding revealed in August 2020 that she had been diagnosed with the disease, which had spread to other parts of her body.

Her mother Marie announced the news on Instagram, describing her "beautiful" daughter as "a bright, shining star".

Earlier this year Harding revealed doctors had told her she would not see another Christmas.

• Sad 8

2 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Terribly sad , only 39

Girls Aloud singer Sarah Harding, 39, who had breast cancer, died on Sunday morning, her mother has said.

Harding revealed in August 2020 that she had been diagnosed with the disease, which had spread to other parts of her body.

Her mother Marie announced the news on Instagram, describing her "beautiful" daughter as "a bright, shining star".

Earlier this year Harding revealed doctors had told her she would not see another Christmas.

Terrible to go that young, but I’ve always heard that especially with breast cancer, it kills so much faster in younger ladies. 
I’m shocked I never heard of Girls Aloud, or recognized their tunes. PopStars was a popular show in early 2000’s, the Canadian version’s winner produced a local #1 single, then disappeared. Usually any successful US, UK or Aussie singers will receive airplay in Canada…..not so in this case

56 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Three of my sisters died of breast cancer but at least they were over 55 years old. 39 is so young, poor girl. RIP.

Sorry to hear that mate. 

Cancer is such a Dog awful thing. I can't think of anything that can be more devastating to almost all families than cancer. It touches nearly everyone either directly or indirectly. I sure hope that one day it will be approached with the full attention and research investment that needs to be committed.

For those of us who have enjoyed the kebabs at Ket Chicken Kebab stand on Soi Dianna and the wonderful service of the husband and wife team of Fin and Nok, I have sad news. I learned from Fin that Nok passed away suddenly in July from a stroke at the young age of 48. They were married 31 years and together they had run the kebab stand for the last 12 years.

I offer my heartfelt condolences to Fin, their family and all their friends. She was taken from us too soon.

Rest In Peace Nok

12985449_1060300404008982_632792584695652748_n.jpg

• Sad 10

No way! Michael K Williams, who played the  stickup artist Omar Little in “The Wire”, gone at only 54…..I’m in shock. Edit: paraphernalia found near the body, he had known struggles with drugs. Damn

Also French actor Jean Paul Belmondo passes at 88. Never saw his movies, but in the VHS days around 1986, remember seeing his films all over the video store

216D5914-8BA5-4461-8B26-F57C2223F466.png

52F04FF3-2408-454B-9DE9-6EFC7D5B9444.jpeg

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

^ one of my favourite characters, was just watching the series again recently.. 😞

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9963685/The-star-Wire-actor-Michael-K-Williams-dead-New-York-City-apartment.html

“I don’t know much about poker, but these .45’s beat a full house”

”Money don’t got any owners, just spenders”

• Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

No way! Michael K Williams, who played the  stickup artist Omar Little in “The Wire”, gone at only 54…..I’m in shock. Edit: paraphernalia found near the body, he had known struggles with drugs. Damn

Also French actor Jean Paul Belmondo passes at 88. Never saw his movies, but in the VHS days around 1986, remember seeing his films all over the video store

216D5914-8BA5-4461-8B26-F57C2223F466.png

52F04FF3-2408-454B-9DE9-6EFC7D5B9444.jpeg

R.I.P. Jean-Paul Belmondo. One of the greats of 1960's French New Wave cinema.

2044.jpg

• Like 1

Have just seen it reported ( on another board ) that Callum Mackie ( Solar Golf ) has passed away after a long battle with cancer.

I was introduced to Callum by a group of guys who enjoyed a decent curry; he was a great "teller of tales" and an all round "decent bloke". He will be missed.

Condolences to his friends & family. May he Rest In Peace.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Proffesor said:

Have just seen it reported ( on another board ) that Callum Mackie ( Solar Golf ) has passed away after a long battle with cancer.

I was introduced to Callum by a group of guys who enjoyed a decent curry; he was a great "teller of tales" and an all round "decent bloke". He will be missed.

aah steve, sorry to hear that, we were talking about C just the other day together.  RIP  the golf man.

• Like 2

On 9/6/2021 at 12:36 PM, forcebwithu said:

For those of us who have enjoyed the kebabs at Ket Chicken Kebab stand on Soi Dianna and the wonderful service of the husband and wife team of Fin and Nok, I have sad news. I learned from Fin that Nok passed away suddenly in July from a stroke at the young age of 48. They were married 31 years and together they had run the kebab stand for the last 12 years.

I offer my heartfelt condolences to Fin, their family and all their friends. She was taken from us too soon.

Rest In Peace Nok

12985449_1060300404008982_632792584695652748_n.jpg

I am sorry but this is the first time I read this.

Of course some "famous" people that have died and have brought joy to our lives. Of course people die, but sometimes it is important to remember "normal people" in our lives.

I remember MM being upset because he didn't take one last look inside the open coffin of one of his girls and the angst of not telling her young barfine how she felt about hm.

• Like 2

On 9/8/2021 at 2:41 AM, Proffesor said:

That's sad news. I met him a few times in Catz and had a few beers with him and Robin. He sorted me out a set of left handed Golf clubs for one of the Mistys Golf days (Ride her cup).

Condolences to his loved ones and RIP.

Edited by Butch
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1