What are you reading?

Al McReady

Just finished this one the other day and really enjoyed it - took a while as it is a big book, but very well written and filled with many personal accounts of those who experienced the conflict:

All_Hell_Let_Loose.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just started this. Always liked him on the Netflix F1 series so caught my eye.

Great forward from the legendary Niki Lauda.

’ A lot of people criticise Formula One as an unnecessary risk. But what would life be like if we only did what was necessary’.

IMG_0212.jpeg

• Like 2

On 4/23/2024 at 10:35 PM, galenkia said:

Just started this. Always liked him on the Netflix F1 series so caught my eye.

Great forward from the legendary Niki Lauda.

’ A lot of people criticise Formula One as an unnecessary risk. But what would life be like if we only did what was necessary’.

IMG_0212.jpeg

A friend  of mine was PA , helper to Frank Williams for 14 years he has some incredible  tales he is friends with many of the racing drivers.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

That sounds like something I would like, love reading about people pushing themselves to the limit.

In that case you might also enjoy this documentary on the Barkley Marathon, "the toughest endurance run on Earth".

• Thanks 1

On 5/6/2024 at 7:57 AM, maipenrai said:

Been a while since I've read a book in this series but always enjoyed them:

The_Ink_Black_Heart_book_cover.jpeg

I have read all the series and watched the TV adaptions. JK Rowling is a very talented author.

Can't go to work or up the mountain s cos of an ankle sprain,I should have bought this ages ago really but get all the info from walk Highlands site,but great to have the book.

20240508_204555.jpg

20240508_204112.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

Posted (edited)

This is superb, from the same author as Empire of Pain that I'm sure was recommended on here.

12 desperate non fiction pieces, 3 in and it's fascinating. So far we covered hunting the Lockerbie bombers, Dutch gangsters and wine fraud.

image.png

Edited by Lemondropkid
  • Like 2