What are you drinking?

DumbDucker

In a crazy house with 2 Thais eating and drinking while having the Karaoke on volume 11. Despite telling them to keep it down, it stays at a ridiculous level so I thought, I am not driving today, therefore get the wine out.

Drank half a bottle over the last 2 days so drinking what's left. I do have 2 more bottles, if I freak out, but hopefully another poor husband is coming to pick his wife up soon. Lucky bastard has had 2 days of silence and bliss, now he can have his wife back.

IMG20240401145905.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I recently had a couple of Thai craft wheat beers. Definitely not cheap at around the 150-odd Baht per half-litre can mark, but both were a lot better than the crap that the two big breweries started foisting on an unprepared and unsuspecting Thai public some years ago.

54f94b184071161.654b31dc611ea.jpg

The Thai Myth wheat beer was smooth and not unpleasant, but excessively fruity for my taste. I can well imagine the Thais, especially the women, liking that, though. I'm a bit doubtful and suspicious, to be honest, as to whether this degree of citrus flavour is entirely due to the brewing process, or has it been chemically enhanced, or simply had lemon juice added? 

25645a1a73b43e9bd4d4af9eceb69a09_c_13668

The Full Moon brewery version had a better balance, at least for my palate, but early on I detected something a bit excessively yeasty in the background. It disappeared after a few minutes, anyway, and that's not a bad drink at all. Given the price, though, why would I choose either of these two when, for the same (or even less) money, I can drink Belgian or German wheat beers made by breweries with half a millennium of history and a global reputation?

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

12 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

Oakham Citra around 250 baht- equivalent in London. Best beer I've had in months 🥲

IMG20240406153957.jpg

A most lovely brew, but at five and a half Pounds they could of filled it up........

4 minutes ago, SteveBC said:

A most lovely brew, but at five and a half Pounds they could of filled it up........

Haha you must be a tough customer. If she was a pretty bartender with a nice smile i would let her off with worse than that.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, SteveBC said:

The barman served me as a group of about 10 youngsters were slowly figuring out their drinks order.

He'd done me a massive favour, so accepting it with grateful thanks.

It was absolutely fantastic, had 3 of them🤤

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1