After a couple of days on the ground . .

Britboy

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2019 at 9:04 AM, Krapow said:

Nice one!

Please do continue when you have time. 

It's one thing I think the forum could do with more of, kinda running trip reports, daily/weekly goings on when in Thailand. 

Thanks for taking the time. 

Get some of your ladyboy photos up D

Go easy on the gritty details 😂😂

1 hour ago, Homor said:

Sorry to hear about your Thai gf 

hope she feels better soon 

Thanks Homor.

She's back in Rangsit and at work today. She's sent me pics of the bruises today, they've really come out now and her arm and leg are very sore.

She got back home yesterday and slept from 4 pm all through the night. I'm not surprised, delayed shock and general tiredness.

10 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Wow so sorry for your gal, hope all is well and sounds like she is on the road to recovery. Sadly, dealing with these types of situations is not Thailands strong point. 

To be fair, the cops at the police station were top drawer and handled things properly and professionally.

It was they "cop" and the cop that showed up at the scene that had me concerned, cos they didn't even talk to me. Plus the ambulance took an age to arrive, and my girl told me that they actually took a slight diversion on the way to the hospital to pick up another accident victim. WTF?

• Like 1

If that happened in Ireland or uk ( don’t know about other countries) you would have every solicitor within a 20 mile radius looking for your business. 

It would take years to come to come to a payout and solicitor and doctors would get more out of it .

in Thailand from accident to payout took less then a week and all sides happy . 

I think I perfer Thailand’s way of doing things , 

Glad to hear she is ok .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nampla69 said:

Did you give the top cop a nice cigar??  Usually opens a few doors and smooths a few paths. Will SMS later ...... Ipswich good start too so all looking good :default_friends:

No bribes needed mate, thankfully. She got their attention all on her own, which was actually quite impressive. The guy on her right in the pic was pretty senior, he seemed to grab the case by the short and curlies . . . 

Yeah, great start for my boys. Shows how we're so in the wrong division, our game Saturday against Rochdale has been postponed because of international call-ups from us . . .

19 minutes ago, Homor said:

If that happened in Ireland or uk ( don’t know about other countries) you would have every solicitor within a 20 mile radius looking for your business. 

It would take years to come to come to a payout and solicitor and doctors would get more out of it .

in Thailand from accident to payout took less then a week and all sides happy . 

I think I perfer Thailand’s way of doing things , 

Glad to hear she is ok .

Thanks Homor, yes, she's in decent shape now and back to work at the bank.

I'm not sure what would have happened if the motorbike girl had contested it. It may have then dragged on much longer, so I'm grateful for that.

The accident happened just after midnight on Friday night and was all signed, sealed and witnessed by 2 pm on Monday.

Unfortunately I often cross that same road a few times every day/night. It's highly dangerous at the best of times and I cack myself every time I take my life in my hands to cross it. They really need to tighten up those lights and make all sides show red lights with no left turns on red for a minute or so to allow people to (hopefully) cross safely.

Last night I stopped in Nana bar, which is at the bottom of Thappraya Road, just before the right turn down towards the beach. Sat with the owner for an hour, sitting on the roadside side of the bar on a stool. Witnessed two accidents (minor) and a motorbike zooming down the pavement. Fucking dangerous here . . . 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Thanks for the report sir. Unreal story about the accident, it’s not even safe to cross the damn street in Pattaya. Look forward to the rest

BTW, where is this club with fun on the premises you were referring to, off Beach Road a few posts back?

It's not actually safe to walk on the bloody pavement, let alone cross the road, in Thailand generally. No law enforcement on motorbikes zooming down the  pavement, both ways. I saw a video recently (on Stickboy if memory serves) of a Thai lady standing on the pavement at a place in BKK where motorbikes are always taking short cuts across the pavement. She stood her ground, stopping them and got a load of stick for doing it. Ridiculous. Until the police here enforce the law and start protecting pedestrians against that there will continue to be numerous people hit while innocently walking on what's supposed to be a safe environment. Having lived here now for over a month that's the one thing that really pisses me off about the place. Being here for the usual 10 nights on holiday previously I tended to just put up with it, mai pen rai. But being here permanently it's really getting on my tits and so tempted to say something or take a stand, but that could be dangerous. All of a sudden 10 of their mates show up and you end up getting a kicking.

The Gentleman's Club is Kit Kat. It's in an L-shaped pedestrian precinct, with access from beach road, near the police building on the promenade or from a side road off the main road drag that runs between a couple of bars.

There's another one in Jomtien too, Passion. Not been there yet, but it's walkable from Jomtien town centre. I plan on giving that a try over the next few days.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, maipenrai said:

I've stayed in that area many times myself and that Thappraya/Thepprasit junction always gives me the willies too....

Yep, it's lethal. I sat in the bar right on that junction the other night with the owner who kindly offered to be a witness. Sat for an hour, saw at least 5 incidents that could easily have turned into accidents, including a coach doing a fucking u-turn (it was a 7-point turn) which is illegal there and clearly signposted "no u-turn". It took him about 5 minutes to do it, holding traffic up and causing a jam as the lights changed 2 or 3 times during that time.

Just don't get the mentality.

1 hour ago, Britboy said:

Yep, it's lethal. I sat in the bar right on that junction the other night with the owner who kindly offered to be a witness. Sat for an hour, saw at least 5 incidents that could easily have turned into accidents, including a coach doing a fucking u-turn (it was a 7-point turn) which is illegal there and clearly signposted "no u-turn". It took him about 5 minutes to do it, holding traffic up and causing a jam as the lights changed 2 or 3 times during that time.

Just don't get the mentality.

When people at home ask me, "isn't it dangerous over there?" I reply that the only danger I ever encounter in Thailand is crossing busy roads on foot every day....you really have to pay attention and you can't take any driver's potential actions for granted; here in my corner of Canada, the pedestrian is God and can bring four lanes of traffic to a screeching (or sliding, in winter) halt at a crosswalk and then amble across taking their own sweet time about it - I'd like to see them try that in BKK or Pattaya, lol.....

As for Passion Club, it's only about a 5-7 minute walk in from the Hanuman statue - just keep your eyes open because the sign at the end where you turn right is quite small; it's a nice little place and there are often some good lookers working there too. You should grab a taxi and make it out to Blush, as well - it's pretty impressive since its recent makeover...too bad I wasn't there right  now, I'd take you on a tour of Jomtien clubs....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @maipenrai, much appreciated.

Haven't heard of Blush, will look it up.

As it's Friday, very little threat of rain, and I feel satisfied that I've done a fair bit of work for my UK business, I feel justified in bunking off this afternoon. I'll head to Passion to see what it's like. Need to gauge how to keep the tanks full for when my bank girl comes on Sunday. An emptying this afternoon and perhaps tomorrow night (I have a plan on who this is going to be) by Sunday evening when she arrives I should be ready to rock and roll . . . 

Just a follow up from my post in "post a pic of your brekkie", which I did yesterday, explaining that I like to go and have a quiet breakfast in a quiet restaurant, read the Bangkok Post, do the sudoku and crossword and just chill.

Well, that went to pot today. I actually woke up at 7.30 this morning, pottered about a bit, did a few emails, then walked down beach road to find my little breakfast hideaway (it's called Olala). It's two doors away from Sand Bar. Well, this morning, there was a massive crane outside Sandbar, a couple of trucks and half a dozen blokes. I obviously wondered what was going on. I sat down in Olala, ordered my usual egg and bacon and was just starting my first cappuccino when they started using chainsaws on the very large, dead tree that sits in the middle of Sand Bar. What a bloody racket. They cut it down in sections, put each section on the road, then cut that up in sections so it would fit on a pickup truck.

The noise was unbearable and could see it was going to take a good couple of hours for them to complete the job.

Scoffed down my egg and bacon and legged it as soon as I could. It ruined breakfast for all the folks in Olala. I couldn't believe there were still people in the other section of Sand Bar still eating breakfast. It was deafening two buildings down, actually being in there must have been unbearable.

• Like 2