Chinese crap products, i've had enough !!!

Pumpuynarak

13 hours ago, Mrmango said:

Ok but none of your bitches has to do with the Chinese quality.

BTW, I have never used ANY Apple products, and I only used the iphone as an example of products from China that can be top quality.

The Chinese make "good stuff", the Chinese make "cheap charlie stuff"

The trouble is some cheap charlies buy "cheap charlie stuff" and expect it to perform like "good stuff".

Ya basically get what ya pays for.

PS. Apple products are grossly overpriced because of marketing, the premium charged by Apple and the lost souls who fall for it thinking that it will double their penin size and make them irresistable to women. Still is cheaper (and probably safer) than buying a Mustang or Camaro.

• Haha 1

On 1/1/2020 at 7:25 AM, tommy dee said:

we should all be old enough, except young esco ( 🙂 )  to remember that before chnese, everythign was stamped "made in hong kong"  and it was crap too 

On 1/1/2020 at 8:27 AM, Chang_Paarp said:

And before that "Made in Japan"

And inbetween HK and Japan there was Made in Taiwan.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/24/2019 at 3:24 AM, Pumpuynarak said:

The piston/sleeve or whatever that determines the height of the chair which you set by the lever is f*****, it has worked perfectly ok for 6 months.

BTW i'm only 93kg and in good fit for fighting shape 🤣 and it has seen some activities but nothing that would give rise to its malfunction other than the fact that its Chinese crap.

Get a concrete one made, that’ll see you out. 👍

• Haha 1

• 4 years later...
On 10/24/2019 at 8:20 AM, Pumpuynarak said:

It never ceases to amaze me the amount of Chinese made products that are absolute crap just not fit for purpose. I'm sitting here in me office chair slowly sinking until i can barely see the Com screen lol and i have to continuously keep lifting it back up.

If it's only you using it you don't need the adjustment. Can you set it to the height you wany and then fix it in place? Maybe a big jubilee clip or other clamp to stop the cylinder sliding down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1

13 hours ago, Zambo said:

If it's only you using it you don't need the adjustment. Can you set it to the height you wany and then fix it in place? Maybe a big jubilee clip or other clamp to stop the cylinder sliding down.

Thanks for your post, i got a new piston/sleeve from Lazada 15 mins to fit and bob's yer uncle.

42 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Thanks for your post, i got a new piston/sleeve from Lazada 15 mins to fit and bob's yer uncle.

Even better, quite amazing what can be bought online these days.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've seen quite a few BYD (Build Your Dream) EV cars in Singapore, they look great.

Does anyone remember the Datsun Cherry from the 70s. A rust bucket bag of shit, but now Japanese cars are top rank. The same can happen with Chinese cars.

UK are already 5 years behind so forget that. Tesla still has a chance lets hope they can keep in the game.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Zambo said:

Does anyone remember the Datsun Cherry from the 70s. A rust bucket bag of shit, but now Japanese cars are top rank. The same can happen with Chinese cars.

I bought one for 100 quid back in the day for my wife when she passed her test. It was a rust bucket, but I told her I would buy something better after she had trashed it.

To my surprise,  she turned into a good driver,so I treated her to a mini metro! 🤣

• Thumbs Up 2

34 minutes ago, boydeste said:

I bought one for 100 quid back in the day for my wife when she passed her test. It was a rust bucket, but I told her I would buy something better after she had trashed it.

To my surprise,  she turned into a good driver,so I treated her to a mini metro! 🤣

I paid 70 quid for one in the early 90s, and that included 8 months tax and mot.

When I went to get it tested after the 8 months was up, the tester looked at me and asked if I really wanted to waste the test fee.

It wasn't called the tatty datty for no reason....!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

8 hours ago, Zambo said:

I've seen quite a few BYD (Build Your Dream) EV cars in Singapore, they look great.

UK are already 5 years behind so forget that. Tesla still has a chance let’s hope they can keep in the game.

Holding my hand up to owing a 120Y in 1989. !!

it did have an orange ‘go faster’ stripe if that softens the blow ?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, Zambo said:

UK are already 5 years behind so forget that. Tesla still has a chance lets hope they can keep in the game.

Drove a Datsun Cherry Turbo round the isle of Man TT circuit on Mad Sunday. The owner sat in the passenger seat as he wasn't confident in driving amongst high speed motorcycles. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Many years ago, more than I care to remember, in my youth when after the novelty of one's first car wore off, about 2 weeks, one set about modding it to improve performance. We ported and polished heads, installed a lumpy cam, twin (or even triple for the most daring) carbys and extractors, the louder the sound the faster it went. While marginally improving performance it certainly increased the unreliability. But modding was a "thing" even before "things" were a thing.

What has tales of a misspent youth got to do with Chinese crap I hear you ask in exasperation. Patience dear reader, patience.

Not so long ago I had need for a knapsack or backpack sprayer with which to spray noxious chemicals on slightly more noxious weeds. Having won the battle if not the war against the weeds the sprayer was put away.

But the sprayer is needed again, this time to spray soil wetting agents in an attempt to save the sixty year old trees from the relentless drought currently being experienced. No rain in 6 months for me, dead or dying trees everywhere.

But there was a problem. The harness of the sprayer had deteriorated. The material would just crumble into a powder. No troubles I thought (actually they were just beginning), get some webbing and make a new harness. Can't be that hard. So ordered some "ballistic/backpack" webbing in a delightful fluro orange.

Well ballistic is right. A bullet wouldn't go through it let alone a needle. Maybe I need a sailmaker's palm (you can look that one up yourselves) or an awl (hoot hoot). Ended up with

image.jpeg
'cause there's a video of it being used to attach a webbing tag to a sail. Obviously it wasn't ballistic webbing because my Speedy Stitcher is having trouble penetrating the webbing. Then just as I thought all was lost a video of this appeared in my YouTube feed.

image.jpeg
Yay, cheap Chinese crap at last, took long enough.

Known as the Chinese Leather Shoe Patcher or CLSP and loved or hated by those boomers who have traded their twin carbys and con-rod polishing for remedial handcrafted leather work. Those who hate it expected it to work perfectly straight of of the box. It doesn't!

Others who took the time to first clean off the Chinese shmoo it comes covered in, then went round with a file and knocked off all the burs, maybe added a washer here or a shim there for better clearance say it does a reasonable job of sewing including up to 3 layers of heavy boot leather.

Then there are the real modders...

I had the lathe in the garage so I machined a groove in the crank wheel and fitted the electric motor, designed the AC to DC converted and speed controller

or

the original pivot points are crap so I built up the rocking arms with the welder then reamed the holes and pressed in low friction sintered metal bushings

My YouTube feed is now full of videos of modded CLSPs and apparently there's a Facebook group just dedicated to modding the machines.

Anyway, mine is ordered and maybe I'll have it sometime next week.

I have the V138 coated, bonded, suitable for marine and outdoor environments polyester thread, just need to make sure I have the right needle.

I mean, what can be difficult about a needle? Well, there's the size. What does 140/22 mean? 140 is the European size and means the needle is 1.4mm across the eye which determines the thread thickness it can take. 22 is the American size so who cares.

Then there are the points, just gotta be sharp right, nothing could be easier.

image.png

Maybe I should mod the sprayer handpiece while I'm at it. There's hose swivels, flow and pressure regulators, fan or cone nozzles, misting or heavy droplet...

• Like 3

On 5/17/2024 at 1:40 PM, Zambo said:

Chinese motorcycles used to be shit, but the quality has really improved over the last few years from the reviews I have read.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, galenkia said:

Chinese motorcycles used to be shit, but the quality has really improved over the last few years from the reviews I have read.

I used to own a factory near Hong Kong, and the quality you get is the quality you pay for.

iPhones are made there and nobody calls them shit.

• Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

10 hours ago, fygjam said:

In an earlier post I said that modding your CLSP (Chinese leather shoe patcher) was a "thing."

Then these vids turned up in my YT feed. Talk about making a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

Demonstrates and confirms the fact that google has their fingers into all off your info. Disgusting worms they are.

28 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Demonstrates and confirms the fact that google has their fingers into all off your info. Disgusting worms they are.

Not really. Before buying my own I had checked out on YT if they were any good, doing my own research so as to speak. YT just found a few more vids.

Unfortunately my YT will be full of these vids for the next few weeks.

• Thumbs Up 1