why is the world going nuts

grayray

3 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

I think you are correct ...... " the powers that be " always try to find new ways to restrict our freedoms .... what little we seem to have left ...

I also believe that medical records will be "centralized" on line in some "cloud" available for anyone to hack ... and used against people traveling as well

that fear is already here in Australia - My Health Record, it allows ANY medical professionals, doctors, nurses, dentists, chemists, to see your history and everything that you've ever had done. The even worse news is that it was OPT OUT.... if you didn't opt out by a certain date it's too late they force create your record and its there for good and everyone has access to your shit online. Soon to become one of the biggest fuckups this government has ever done.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, fforest said:

Mark my words....Once the Coronavirus has passed a huge chunk of the new soon to be restrictions on travel and so called security measures (for your own safety of course)  will still be in place for a very long time....  

1 hour ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

I think you are correct ...... " the powers that be " always try to find new ways to restrict our freedoms .... what little we seem to have left ...

I also believe that medical records will be "centralized" on line in some "cloud" available for anyone to hack ... and used against people traveling as well

Yep... Remember 9/11 ? The greatest opportunity to drastically reduce everybodies freedom. For State Security.... well, it is all still in place 20 y later !

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Another politician making an uninformed, ill advised, sure to cause more panic, announcement.

Angela Merkel estimates that 60% to 70% of the German population will contract the coronavirus

No report of how she came up with that estimate. My guess is she just pulled it out of her ample ass. Anyone with half a brain cell would understand how absurd that statement is.

Example: China, who seems to have gotten a handle on containing the outbreak in their country, currently has 80,788 total cases. That's out of a population estimated at 1.4 billion. Doing the math that's a paltry ‭0.00577% of the population. So how the hell can Merkel justify the assine statement of 60% to 70% of the German population will be infected.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, forcebwithu said:

Another politician making an uninformed, ill advised, sure to cause more panic, announcement.

Angela Merkel estimates that 60% to 70% of the German population will contract the coronavirus

No report of how she came up with that estimate. My guess is she just pulled it out of her ample ass. Anyone with half a brain cell would understand how absurd that statement is.

Example: China, who seems to have gotten a handle on containing the outbreak in their country, currently has 80,788 total cases. That's out of a population estimated at 1.4 billion. Doing the math that's a paltry ‭0.00577% of the population. So how the hell can Merkel justify the assine statement of 60% to 70% of the German population will be infected.

I think it's only in her fantasy that the german people get it and mostly die off to be replaced. Did you see her on the news when someone handed her a german flag?

• Surprised 1

4 hours ago, fygjam said:

And there you go again.

It is NOT my position, it is the position of Dr. James Lawler, a University of Nebraska Medical Center professor. If you don't like it I suggest you take it up with him!

Do you agree with the prediction you posted?  How much simpler do I have to put it for you to understand?

2 minutes ago, alias said:

Do you agree with the prediction you posted?  How much simpler do I have to put it for you to understand?

I post information I come across for consideration by other board members. It is up to them to assess it and if necessary, act accordingly.

What I do predict and I will stand by it is that some board members will continue to make inane posts.

13 minutes ago, KWA said:

As soon as you get the political nonsense and inane music videos you know it's time to close the thread.

If it's closed they will just go and fuk up the other threads.

Better to try and pull it back into line with relevant posts.

13 minutes ago, KWA said:

As soon as you get the political nonsense and inane music videos you know it's time to close the thread.

I don't want it closed, but yea, can do without the political shite, and off on tangents etc.

8 minutes ago, KWA said:

Nothing if that's what you like, but put them in the thread that was created for them, not in totally unrelated threads.

https://thailand-247.com/index.php?/topic/871-your-favourite-youtube-video/

Why .. ?

The music totally relates to what I am trying to say .. jeez, lets agree to disagree on what threads I play music on ... 

If you don't want to listen to .. then don't ...

What?  ..  an external link .. bothers you ?  If so ,  you are really petty !

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Great Info 1

20 minutes ago, Krapow said:

I don't want it closed, but yea, can do without the political shite, and off on tangents etc.

Sir whether you want to believe it or not just about everything that happens in this world is tied in with a greater whole.....For F sake man they got all the countries that matter in the world on board passing coronavirus restrictions with in a week or two....That's virtually impossible in that short time frame.....unless.....................

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Why .. ?

The music totally relates to what I am trying to say .. jeez, lets agree to disagree on what threads I play music on ... 

Do you honestly not know how discussion forums are supposed to work?  Levels, sections, thread titles to guide you to the subject matter you expect to read/discuss.

Or do you just not care that your anti-social posting habits may be degrading the experience for other users?

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, fforest said:

Sir whether you want to believe it or not just about everything that happens in this world is tied in with a greater whole.....For F sake man they got all the countries that matter in the world on board passing coronavirus restrictions with in a week or two....That's virtually impossible in that short time frame.....unless.....................

Start a conspiracy thread ffs. 

7 minutes ago, fforest said:

plastic bags and straws identified as vector in Coronavirus spread.

2 hours ago, RR007 said:

Shit all insurances now invalid as regards Corona claims as Pandemic officially declared by World Health organisation

Telegraph article from Tuesday -

What if a pandemic is declared?

If the World Health Organisation (WHO) declares a pandemic, this will not affect your travel insurance. 

The ABI confirmed to Telegraph Travel that there were no pandemic clauses used by any of its members. “FCO advice or other restrictions outside of individuals’ control will be the trigger for cancellations,” a spokesperson said. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Krapow said:

Look, if you want to see panic and hysteria, just wait until it gets announced Brexit has to be delayed due to this shit.

The Forum and many members will go into complete meltdown!

:default_527:

LOL .. LOL .. LOL .. fucking funny .. especially when the EU demands continued control of the UK fishing waters and a shutdown of the London financial districts for disobeying .. LOL .. LOL

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

Look, if you want to see panic and hysteria, just wait until it gets announced Brexit has to be delayed due to this shit.

The Forum and many members will go into complete meltdown!

:default_527:

Was thinking exactly at that yesterday...

But let's keep that for the Brexit thread.

A nice summary trying to explain the panic.

https://www.scmp.com/news/asia/southeast-asia/article/3074580/coronavirus-quell-panic-buying-be-more-singapore-and-less?li_source=LI&li_medium=homepage_hk_edition_top_picks_for_you

All is said in the introduction, sadly our governments and media do exactly the opposite....

• To instil a sense of calm, governments have to inspire confidence and make people believe that everything is under control
  • Success depends upon how individualistic their people are, and how much trust they generally have for each other and their government

Some good (funny) pics in the article as well.

All confirm what I thought and wrote, people's stupidity is unlimited.....