COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

4 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Interesting article about the PCR test accuracy.

https://focustaiwan.tw/society/202012160027

2 possibilities come to mind :

- Different settings on the PCR test, different labs, countries

- And of course the "bought" ones

But this article mentions many things can affect the result...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thejakartapost.com/amp/news/2020/10/04/pcr-tests-remain-gold-standard-but-many-factors-affect-results.html

I don;t know what is true or not with this China virus ... vaccines, death rates, masks,  and etc's.

This I do know .. I am staying away from any type of vaccine for as long as I can .... I am going with my "gut" on this one ..

• Like 4

Fox News ...

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/12/17/media/tucker-carlson-fox-news-vaccine/index.html

Tucker Carlson, the right-wing Fox News host, sowed doubt about the coronavirus vaccine on his highly rated prime time program Thursday, spotlighting a small handful of people who have had allergic reactions to the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine and telling his audience they should be skittish about the campaign from public health experts to encourage people to get vaccinated.

meanwhile ....

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/dec/18/rupert-murdoch-receives-dose-of-covid-vaccine-in-uk

Rupert Murdoch receives dose of Covid vaccine in UK

Exclusive: 89-year-old News Corp boss gives thanks to key workers, NHS staff and scientists

9 hours ago, Washedup said:

Mike pence receives covid-19 vaccine live on tv..if its good enough for big mike it's good enough for me..did Donald get jabbed ?

"The Donald" ... I think doesn't need a jab ... he has already had the China Virus .. put in the hospital for 2 days I think .. and then they let him out .... good to go !

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

At least they're leading by example 👍👍👍 Well done.

Our President pushed it a bit, he caught the bloody thing 😱😱😱

So did Trump .. in the hospital less than 2 days .. I figure he is as healthy as he was before he caught it ...

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Washedup said:

Explosion kills 9 coronavirus patients in Turkey..an oxygen ventilator exploded..

O2 is dodgy stuff when pressurised.An O2 fire burnt out the flight deck of one of out BAC 1-11's in Oman,pure luck that nobody was hurt.

• Great Info 1

13 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

At least they're leading by example 👍👍👍 Well done.

Our President pushed it a bit, he caught the bloody thing 😱😱😱

They are already starting the "Proof of Covid Vaccination " .. see the Doctor handing him that card ... before you know it .. this will become more important than anything else you have in your wallet ... lol .. including money !

1 hour ago, coxyhog said:

O2 is dodgy stuff when pressurised.An O2 fire burnt out the flight deck of one of out BAC 1-11's in Oman,pure luck that nobody was hurt.

Doesn't have to be a pressurized environment, just oxygen rich. The Apollo 1 fire and the death of three astronauts is another example of the dangers of high 02 environments.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

45 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

death of three astronauts

As I remember, the death of the three during a test was lack of O2. The staff put pure nitrogen in the induced air of the cabin, rather than o2 for fire safety reasons.

11 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Well, Beach Gal just called me and told me not to stop at Porto Chino on my way back South .. she told me there are 548 new cases of the China virus .... reported in Samut Sakhon

Joe, switch over to the Thailand Covid thread...it's currently being discussed over there.

Stay well. 

1 hour ago, lazarus said:

Joe, switch over to the Thailand Covid thread...it's currently being discussed over there.

Stay well. 

I can't find the "thread" Bro ... am I just dumb or what .. lol

This sucks though .. because Porto Chino on Rama II in Samut Sakhon has the best cheese and prices I have ever found here ...

I asked her if I could drive back home to the South .. she told me "yes" ... guess I will stop in Macro in Cha Am for cheese on the way home .. I just gotta have cheese ...

Get this gal outta here early tomorrow morning  .. and get into the Beast and get my ass home before anymore shit explodes

• Like 1