COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

13 hours ago, Krapow said:

Unfortunately he was only offering TOIL. Had he been offering anything even close to what those administering the vaccines are getting paid, i'd have worked every weekend! They are on silly money!

And how much are the jabbers getting paid? I would guess between 80 and 130 pounds a hour......And whos paying them so much? Overpaid people rarely question the plan....

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, fforest said:

And how much are the jabbers getting paid? I would guess between 80 and 130 pounds a hour......And whos paying them so much? Overpaid people rarely question the plan....

Only qualified nurses can give the jab and they are on their normal salaries unless they are agency and they are not paid anywhere near the figures you mentioned in your guess. However, there is a need for marshals to book people in, make sure of social distancing and security etc etc. Those recruited are paid up to £15 per hour depending on where the vaccination centres are. I believe that volunteers are also used. From my own experience, it is a quite a well oiled and efficient system which can get up to hundreds vaccinated an hour and more in larger venues I don't think it's, about money, but the urgency to get as many of the population vaccinated by the end of July. 

At Crystal Palace football club near where live, there is a steady queue from early morning to late evening and its quite a large venue. 

The sooner we get to at least 80% of the adult population double vaccinated, the sooner there is a chance to live with C19 with less deaths and hospital treatment. Most of those who have had the virus will have developed antibodies in addition to vaccination against future infection. 

Of course people will still die and or require hospital treatment but nowhere near the levels when the Pandemic was at its peak. 

In the meantime I think we are better off with less cynicism and more social responsibility 

What was your Guess based upon BTW? Or is this the latest Conspiracy theory? 😊

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, fforest said:

10 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Only qualified nurses can give the jab and they are on their normal salaries

The average registered nurse salary in the United Kingdom is £34,105 per year or £17.49 per hour. Entry level positions start at £30,444 per year while most experienced workers make up to £50,085 per year.

• Great Info 2

1 hour ago, fforest said:

:lol: 

Too easy, i knew when typing that, you'd be all over it!

51 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Only qualified nurses can give the jab and they are on their normal salaries unless they are agency and they are not paid anywhere near the figures you mentioned in your guess. However, there is a need for marshals to book people in, make sure of social distancing and security etc etc. Those recruited are paid up to £15 per hour depending on where the vaccination centres are. I believe that volunteers are also used. From my own experience, it is a quite a well oiled and efficient system which can get up to hundreds vaccinated an hour and more in larger venues I don't think it's, about money, but the urgency to get as many of the population vaccinated by the end of July. 

At Crystal Palace football club near where live, there is a steady queue from early morning to late evening and its quite a large venue. 

The sooner we get to at least 80% of the adult population double vaccinated, the sooner there is a chance to live with C19 with less deaths and hospital treatment. Most of those who have had the virus will have developed antibodies in addition to vaccination against future infection. 

Of course people will still die and or require hospital treatment but nowhere near the levels when the Pandemic was at its peak. 

In the meantime I think we are better off with less cynicism and more social responsibility 

What was your Guess based upon BTW? Or is this the latest Conspiracy theory? 😊

Nurses, Paramedics etc who are doing it, are getting their usual wage.

Retirees are doing it for free.

Additional support staff are doing it either for free or minimum wage.

But there's not enough people qualified to give the actual jab, you have pharmacists, opticians, dentists etc who are doing it and getting £66ph. 

It was clamped down on when the likes of Boots, Superdrug etc started complaining as their locums weren't taking shifts, working the vaccine centres instead. Though with this big push before the 19th, kinda a blind eye turned ...

Though i agree, the overriding importance now is get people jabbed, so we can get back to some sort of normality, then it will be managed much like the flu, including the vaccination for it. 

• Like 1

I went on a contractor website that was advertising for vaccine marshals & the pay was around £10ph.

I thought about it until I read that it was 12 hour shifts....had enough of that shit when I was working I ain't doing it now I'm retired.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, coxyhog said:

I went on a contractor website that was advertising for vaccine marshals & the pay was around £10ph.

I thought about it until I read that it was 12 hour shifts....had enough of that shit when I was working I ain't doing it now I'm retired.

Yea, 12 hour shifts.

49 minutes ago, Painter said:

The few shifts I have done have been voluntary ie no salary ....  they have offered expenses,  but the centre is less than a mile away and I walked, and I didn't think it was worth claiming for my 40p bottle of water.

It's been nothing less than a great national effort. 

The handling of the Pandemic up to the vaccine roll out was shambolic at times, but loads of people like yourself have volunteered to get this done.

It'll probably even keep Boris in a job, as long as there's no further lockdowns, which i don't think there will be. 

• Like 2

That was one of the most positive briefings i've seen. 

The Data spoke for itself, over 90% for all the vaccines, deaths continuing to basically flatline.

Only bit that annoyed me was when he was asked how do we protect those who just refuse to get the vaccine. 

I know what i'd have said ...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Painter said:

The few shifts I have done have been voluntary ie no salary ....  they have offered expenses,  but the centre is less than a mile away and I walked, and I didn't think it was worth claiming for my 40p bottle of water.

Well done mate

I was considering volunteering but I don't know whether I could be on my feet for so long. 

2 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Well done mate

I was considering volunteering but I don't know whether I could be on my feet for so long. 

Our centre realised that a full day of effectively doing nothing but opening a door, or ushering people from a chair to a booth, was a long day, so gave us the option of a half day. The sessions I've done have been 9am to 1pm, when they broke for lunch and a shift change, although some did stay on all day.

• Like 1

The irony!!!!!!!!!

If anyone is in need of some serious hardcore therapy, the like of which would be required for the US School shooters, it's lost in a forest!

You are aware, the flu jab has to be changed each year due to variants, or is it some sorta false flag psy-ops as well ...:default_blink:

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, coxyhog said:

& Since then my knees have thrown their toys out the cot & I doubt I could stand for 2 hours let alone 12.

Apologises for breaking social distancing guidelines 5555

Matt Hancock: “I accept that I breached the social distancing guidance in these circumstances. I have let people down and am very sorry. I remain focused on working to get the country out of this pandemic, and would be grateful for privacy for my family on this personal matter.”

50 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Apologises for breaking social distancing guidelines 5555

Matt Hancock: “I accept that I breached the social distancing guidance in these circumstances. I have let people down and am very sorry. I remain focused on working to get the country out of this pandemic, and would be grateful for privacy for my family on this personal matter.”

This the right time to get rid of the idiot. Boris already thinks he is a useless f**ker so Matt Hancock has done him a great service in offering him a perfect reason to get rid of him.

If he doesn't go I will be disappointed.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

This the right time to get rid of the idiot. Boris already thinks he is a useless f**ker so Matt Hancock has done him a great service in offering him a perfect reason to get rid of him.

If he doesn't go I will be disappointed.

The right time to get rid of him was his handling of cares homes or PPE or conflicts of interest or mishandling of public funds ..... etc etc 

• Thumbs Up 3