COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

2 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Has anyone read a scientific paper called Sorcery, Illness, and Social Control in a Philippine Municipality?

It’s all about how witch doctors used illness to control the populations in villages through fear.

Sound familiar ?

Are those the guys that yank your heart out of your chest, squeeze it a bit, and then put it back...

...to cure what ails you?

Scary.

FFS, who advices this guys on the names for their "Special Ops" ?

Sounds like the title for a new Tintin album 😂😂😂

Or maybe it involves an jab in the ass cheek ? 

Boris Johnson believes a mass testing programme is “our only hope for avoiding a second national lockdown before a vaccine”, according to leaked official documents setting out plans for “Operation Moonshot

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/sep/09/boris-johnson-pinning-hopes-on-covid-testing-moonshot-leaked-papers-show

"The documents say the “Mass Population Testing Plan” could cost £100bn – the equivalent to the UK’s entire education budget."

And that one sounds like something straight out of the USSR or Communist China ..

3 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

FFS, who advices this guys on the names for their "Special Ops" ?

Sounds like the title for a new Tintin album 😂😂😂

Or maybe it involves an jab in the ass cheek ? 

Boris Johnson believes a mass testing programme is “our only hope for avoiding a second national lockdown before a vaccine”, according to leaked official documents setting out plans for “Operation Moonshot

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/sep/09/boris-johnson-pinning-hopes-on-covid-testing-moonshot-leaked-papers-show

"The documents say the “Mass Population Testing Plan” could cost £100bn – the equivalent to the UK’s entire education budget."

And that one sounds like something straight out of the USSR or Communist China ..

It is just fear mongering ... at least the politicians have found something that will "stick"  in the minds of the stupid masses

Personally ... I thought Boris had more balls than this .... just another worthless politician .. another excuse to subdue and control .... fucking typical ...

Use the Wuhan virus for everything it is worth .....

WTF ... do these politicians want people to social distance and wear masks to their own beds at night ... YES .. WTF?

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Thumbs Up 1

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 4:52 PM, Thai Spice said:

Good to see that life is still going on as normal in Wanchai...

Girls probably figthing over that only single handsome Frenchman in the pub ...

I miss those days ....

TS

as we see NO shoes or bottles in their hands,i take it they was not Thais?

regards

grayray

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

It is just fear mongering ... at least the politicians have found something that will "stick"  in the minds of the stupid masses

Personally ... I thought Boris had more balls than this .... just another worthless politician .. another excuse to subdue and control .... fucking typical ...

Use the Wuhan virus for everything it is worth .....

WTF ... do these politicians want people to social distance and wear masks to their own beds at night ... YES .. WTF?

Agreed on all points.

I read that in order to better impose the "6 person" rule, the UK will set up.some "vigilante marshalls teams" ...

So, after the special number to call in order to rat your employer, colleague or neighbours, now we have vigilante groups to keep all those "bad citizens" in line !

What a marvellous world. And the stupid masses are all going head on into it with a smile...

4 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Yea, it was only the addition of 2 bits which was either a field extension or casted into a new 1 byte new field or 2 bytes ( depended ) .. or a very simple "code" revision ... or a generic script to handle the date manipulation into a new field defined within the data base ... which is very simple ..

At that time we made a couple of simple changes to GALILEO, AMADEUS, SABRE and APOLLO ... ( small remnants of APOLLO )

But, the Y2K fear mongers sure made it a global business pandemic at the time ...

It was the Galileo and Amadeus systems I worked on, good money at the time.....

6 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Yea, I thought so you working with BA

Last job before I went to Thailand was European Operations Manager for Galileo, went to see their mainframe in Denver which at the time was the second largest computer system in the  world supposedly with the US military as number 1.

Was a pretty big room back in 2001, not too mention incredibly secure.

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

Last job before I went to Thailand was European Operations Manager for Galileo, went to see their mainframe in Denver which at the time was the second largest computer system in the  world supposedly with the US military as number 1.

Was a pretty big room back in 2001, not too mention incredibly secure.

I sincerely doubt that it was the second largest in the world ..... for sure

You are forgetting the DNI, CIA, FBI , Department of State , NYSE, HK Exchange etc ....

Plus IBM  ...... the data centers in all of IBM sites would make Galileo look like peanuts .... for sure ....

Just saying ... I know about IBM ... I worked there over 20 years ... ended up as a Managing Director MQ Series - Asia Pacific

DO you know what MQ Series is ?

2 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Panic and disaster is what sells papers ! 

Royal marriages also, but you cant create one out of nothing every month !

It is the government that releases information. Often as a statement on the evening TV news channels.  The media report on those updates. Not all of the media is in agreement with the government and makes criticisms. 

Of course the media report on C19 as it is very high priority and people want to read about it. They may well have their own bias. 

Recently the UK govt have said that from Monday, that gatherings should be restricted to 6 with certain exceptions. 

That information came from the government. The media reported it. 

No need for panic. A precaution as the number of cases reported have risen above the R level. 

Nothing else yet has changed with regard to the easing of lockdown.  In the newspapers I have read over the last couple of days, I cannot see any panic mongering. What is being said that it is the younger age group that has tended to ignore C19 precautions and are most likely those who are spreading the virus. I would say that is fairly true, from what I have personally witnessed. 

If nothing else, it is a message to them to be more responsible, as we are not over the pandemic yet. 

I can well understand why night clubs remain closed. 

Maybe some people believe everything they read in their newspaper of choice, but that is not the fault of the Media. 

It's the fault of the reader and their cognitive ability to interpret what they read. 

Looking at it another way, if C19 had not been so closely covered by the MSN then we could still be in the situation we were in during March, April and May. 

Maybe at first many people started to panic as they saw numbers rising across the world, but in many respects we have now adapted to some of the changes and returning to a much less restricted lifestyle. I think many of us have almost become almost anystheatised to Covid news. But to ignore it at this stage, is dangerous IMO, as we still don't know whether there will be a Second Wave or when there will be a vaccine and more successful treatment for those most vulnerable. 

It's all a bit of a wait and see situation now. 

To be honest, I think that Social media is far more dangerous than the MSM. There are all sorts of Conspiracy theories banded about with no evidence, fake figures and information, and scare mongering. Most of it just comes from individuals who think that C19 is a giant hoax. 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

I sincerely doubt that it was the second largest in the world ..... for sure

You are forgetting the DNI, CIA, FBI , Department of State , NYSE, HK Exchange etc ....

Plus IBM  ...... the data centers in all of IBM sites would make Galileo look like peanuts .... for sure ....

Just saying ... I know about IBM ... I worked there over 20 years ... ended up as a Managing Director MQ Series - Asia Pacific

DO you know what MQ Series is ?

Well I don't do pissing contests or handbags at 30 paces so I will let it ride lol

Also no idea what MQ stands for, why should I, maybe Majestic Queen or Montreal Quebec.  I don't do abbreviations usually without letting people know what the hell I am on about.

Had a thread about that on a Philippine forum, got fed up with people throwing out abbreviations on loads of subjects as if we should all have known what was being discussed. 🤤

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

Well I don't do pissing contests or handbags at 30 paces so I will let it ride lol

Also no idea what MQ stands for, why should I, maybe Majestic Queen or Montreal Quebec.  I don't do abbreviations usually without letting people know what the hell I am on about.

Had a thread about that on a Philippine forum, got fed up with people throwing out abbreviations on loads of subjects as if we should all have known what was being discussed. 🤤

Good !

Why do you bring up handbags or pissing contests ?

MQ was the underlying architecture used both extensively in Galileo and Amadeus .... no pissing match .. just the truth ...

2 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

It is the government that releases information. Often as a statement on the evening TV news channels.  The media report on those updates. Not all of the media is in agreement with the government and makes criticisms. 

Of course the media report on C19 as it is very high priority and people want to read about it. They may well have their own bias. 

Recently the UK govt have said that from Monday, that gatherings should be restricted to 6 with certain exceptions. 

That information came from the government. The media reported it. 

No need for panic. A precaution as the number of cases reported have risen above the R level. 

Nothing else yet has changed with regard to the easing of lockdown.  In the newspapers I have read over the last couple of days, I cannot see any panic mongering. What is being said that it is the younger age group that has tended to ignore C19 precautions and are most likely those who are spreading the virus. I would say that is fairly true, from what I have personally witnessed. 

If nothing else, it is a message to them to be more responsible, as we are not over the pandemic yet. 

I can well understand why night clubs remain closed. 

Maybe some people believe everything they read in their newspaper of choice, but that is not the fault of the Media. 

It's the fault of the reader and their cognitive ability to interpret what they read. 

Looking at it another way, if C19 had not been so closely covered by the MSN then we could still be in the situation we were in during March, April and May. 

Maybe at first many people started to panic as they saw numbers rising across the world, but in many respects we have now adapted to some of the changes and returning to a much less restricted lifestyle. I think many of us have almost become almost anystheatised to Covid news. But to ignore it at this stage, is dangerous IMO, as we still don't know whether there will be a Second Wave or when there will be a vaccine and more successful treatment for those most vulnerable. 

It's all a bit of a wait and see situation now. 

To be honest, I think that Social media is far more dangerous than the MSM. There are all sorts of Conspiracy theories banded about with no evidence, fake figures and information, and scare mongering. Most of it just comes from individuals who think that C19 is a giant hoax. 

Long answer, but empty.

I would really have liked you answered / comment in the same lenght on my posts showing the France and UK charts of daily total death ! 

What is your conclusion seeing those charts ? 

Note : I don't give a shit about government declarations. It's all politics, nothing more.

But the charts, they are FACTS.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Good !

Why do you bring up handbags or pissing contests ?

MQ was the underlying architecture used both extensively in Galileo and Amadeus .... no pissing match .. just the truth ...

The truth passed me by, I wasn't doing code when I worked, I was just an operations guy transferring data in above architecture software distribution.  I was just translating one entry from Galileo to Amadeus for new systems and checking all entries did not have failure issues.  I was the Errol Flynn of the software distribution world, I had people do all the hard work and I just cracked the whip.

MQ is something I would never have needed to know or certainly wasn't something that would have been useful in my line of work. We obviously worked on different sides of the software world but we both knew our stuff..

• Thumbs Up 1