COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

Why did they wait so fucking long ?   WTF ???

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2166799/b9bn-injection-for-pfizer-shots

B9bn injection for Pfizer shots

100m more doses to arrive by year's end

PUBLISHED : 18 AUG 2021 AT 04:00

NEWSPAPER SECTION: NEWS

WRITER: POST REPORTERS

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
A nurse shows the vial of the Covid-19 vaccine made by Pfizer-BioNTech for inoculation in Samut Prakan province on Sunday. (Photo: Arnun Chonmahatrakool)

A nurse shows the vial of the Covid-19 vaccine made by Pfizer-BioNTech for inoculation in Samut Prakan province on Sunday. (Photo: Arnun Chonmahatrakool)

The cabinet has approved 9.3 billion baht for funding an already signed contract to procure 20 million doses of Pfizer Covid-19 vaccines and acknowledged a proposal to purchase 10 million more doses of the same mRNA vaccine.

These procurement projects are part of a Disease Control Department's plan to procure all 100 million doses of various types of Covid-19 vaccines by the end of the year, said government spokesman Anucha Burapachaisri after the cabinet meeting on Tuesday.

"Altogether, Thailand now expects to have about 30 million doses of the Pfizer mRNA vaccine by the fourth quarter of this year," he said.

ADVERTISEMENT

Mr Anucha said Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha expressed his thanks to all agencies having a part in bringing the 30 million doses of the Pfizer mRNA vaccine to the country as well as those responsible for its nationwide distribution.

He said the cabinet also decided to sign an agreement with Bhutan which will donate around 130,000-150,000 AstraZeneca doses to Thailand and it acknowledged that Germany wanted to donate between 1,000-2,000 monoclonal antibody sets to Thailand.

The government's committee on Covid-19 vaccine procurement reported to a recent meeting of the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) about all existing vaccine procurement plans and updates on vaccine imports, details of which were released to the cabinet meeting.

The plan to purchase another 10 million doses of the Pfizer vaccine was also approved by the CCSA meeting, said a source.

According to the reported plans, since February a total of 84.22 million doses of Sinovac, AstraZeneca and Pfizer Covid-19 vaccines have been ordered.

Of this number, 24.92 million doses were delivered as of July, while the rest will arrive by December.

Of the 84.22 million vaccine doses, about 13 million doses of the Sinovac vaccine were delivered between February and July. A further 8 million Sinovac doses will arrive by December.

A total of 11.92 million AstraZeneca doses arrived in February, while the other 29.8 million doses are being delivered by December.

The 21.5 million doses of the Pfizer vaccine will be delivered by December.

A proposal to negotiate for a contract to procure about 26 million doses of the Covid-19 vaccine for next year via the COVAX Facility, was also discussed and approved at Monday's meeting, said the same source.

COVAX is a worldwide initiative aimed at equitable access to Covid-19 vaccines directed by Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance, the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI), and the World Health Organization (WHO).

In principle, a total of 120 million doses of various types of Covid-19 vaccine will be procured next year, including the mRNA vaccine, the viral vector vaccine, the inactivated vaccine, the protein subunit vaccine and the DNA vaccine, said the same source.

As for the management of the 1.5 million doses of the Pfizer vaccine donated to Thailand by the US, it was agreed at the same meeting that some adjustments should be adopted to make it more flexible to administer the 150,000 doses set aside for expatriates, said the source.

It was also agreed that diplomats aged under 60 and other groups of foreigners living in Thailand should also be included in this specific Covid-19 inoculation programme, said the source.

Thailand logged a record 239 new Covid-19 fatalities and 20,128 new cases over the previous 24 hours, the Public Health Ministry reported on Tuesday.

The previous high of daily Covid-19 fatalities was 235 on Aug 10, when there were 19,843 new cases. The all-time high of daily Covid-19 cases in Thailand was the 23,418 reported on Friday.

3 hours ago, fforest said:

New Zealand enters nationwide lockdown over one Covid case

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-58241619

No worries.....No red flag to be seen here.....Hey whats on TV?

The only red flag I see is the one you keep waving to highlight your gross stupidity.

On the 16th June the state of NSW (that's in Australia) had one case of community transmission.

"Gold Standard" Gladys thought it could be managed without the need for a lockdown. After all, NSW is the gold standard anti-lockdown state.

Nine days later, after Covid was spreading uncontrollably throughout the community they thought that maybe they had better lock things down. They are still in lockdown 7 weeks later with no end in sight.

They are recording over 600 new cases per day.

They have over 10,000 active cases.

They have 462 people in hospital up from the single case they had on June 16th.

72 cases are in ICU, up from 0 back in June.

25 cases are on ventilators, zero back in June.

60 deaths so far from the current outbreak.

That is how a single case gets out of control.

I'll bet "Gold Standard" Gladys is now wishing she had put the state into lockdown on the 17th June.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

From bad to worse in (Mississippi) US...

I’m Seeing Healthy People Die Every Day’: COVID Spirals in Mississippi

https://www.thedailybeast.com/coroners-say-covid-19-is-spiraling-in-mississippi-and-younger-unvaccinated-people-are-the-ones-dying

On Monday, Aug. 2, a 34-year-old woman in Gulfport, Mississippi, started feeling dizzy at work. She tested positive for COVID-19 a few days after that.

By the next Sunday, she was dead. Her husband, also in his mid-thirties, died from coronavirus this past Saturday, according to Brian Switzer, the local coroner.

“These are deaths I wouldn’t have seen a month or two ago,” Switzer, the Harrison County Coroner, told The Daily Beast. “I’m seeing significantly younger folks this time around, but there’s still this idea that if you’re young and don’t have comorbidities, you’re not going to die.”

But as the Delta variant pushes the state’s entire health-care system to the brink of collapse, those coming face-to-face with COVID’s victims say the virus’ target has changed dramatically, from older to younger Mississippians—often healthy, and virtually always unvaccinated...

...“We’re seeing more and more deaths in younger age groups,” Mississippi State Health Officer Dr. Thomas Dobbs told reporters last week. “And there’s a very simple reason for that. And that’s because the vast majority of our 65-plus group have been [vaccinated]” while, he said, the rate among younger Mississippians is far lower.

Although Mississippi currently has a vaccination rate of 36 percent, the second-lowest in the country, among Mississippians over 65, the vaccination rate is more than 70 percent, according to the state Department of Health. Among those in their forties, the vaccination rate was 38 percent, while fewer than a quarter of Mississippians in their twenties and thirties had been fully vaccinated as of last week....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fforest said:

New Zealand enters nationwide lockdown over one Covid case

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-58241619

No worries.....No red flag to be seen here.....Hey whats on TV?

New Zealand has had a total of 26 deaths all through the pandemic so far, 26!

Their lives have been pretty much back to normal apart from borders closed for most of that time, while say Europe were having lockdowns for months at a time, deaths over 100,000. New Zealand were having stuff like live music concerts, everything open for their population etc for ages.

Why?  Because they hit it hard and they hit it quick. The only thing that let's it down, is similar to other countries, their vaccine roll out has not been great.

Over 80% of New Zealand's population agree with the way they're have and are handling Covid. Of course they do, why wouldn't they, when their lives have been pretty much normal, and only 26 deaths in total, whilst seeing the carnage, lockdowns and deaths elsewhere.

Anyone who thinks the way NZ have handled Covid has been anything but good, bar the vaccine roll out, is a fucking idiot. At the moment NZ obviously see's what is going on in parts of Australia with Delta, and doesn't want that to happen in NZ, hence their hit it hard and hit it quick. It's already risen to 10, from the original 1. They need to suppress as quick as they can.

Not sure i can dumb this down any more, so anyone who has not got the first clue about Covid understands. 

Only red flags i see is someone needing a mental health assessment to see if it's just gross stupidity, or some sort of psychosis they are suffering from, as they are so detached from reality. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

Their lives have been pretty much back to normal apart from borders closed for most of that time, while say Europe were having lockdowns for months at a time, deaths over 100,000. New Zealand were having stuff like live music concerts, everything open for their population etc for ages.

Why?  Because they hit it hard and they hit it quick. The only thing that let's it down, is similar to other countries, their vaccine roll out has not been great.

Over 80% of New Zealand's population agree with the way they're have and are handling Covid. Of course they do, why wouldn't they, when their lives have been pretty much normal, and only 26 deaths in total, whilst seeing the carnage, lockdowns and deaths elsewhere.

Anyone who thinks the way NZ have handled Covid has been anything but good, bar the vaccine roll out, is a fucking idiot. At the moment NZ obviously see's what is going on in parts of Australia with Delta, and doesn't want that to happen in NZ, hence their hit it hard and hit it quick. It's already risen to 10, from the original 1. They need to suppress as quick as they can.

Not sure i can dumb this down any more, so anyone who has not got the first clue about Covid understands. 

Only red flags i see is someone needing a mental health assessment to see if it's just gross stupidity, or some sort of psychosis they are suffering from, as they are so detached from reality. 

If one, yes I said one, case can shut down a whole country then there is really no hope is there?

8 minutes ago, fforest said:

Everything is connected,if it can happen in one place it can happen in another... 

But most unlikely as many countries already have thousands of cases. Each country makes its own judgments and many have already had lockdowns, and many still have. 

It took 15 cases to spread in USA. I am sure that I don't have to remind you of the numbers it grew to in weeks. 

I think Krapow explained it quite adequately. NZ is only 20% vaccinated. The Delta variant spreads far more rapidly than the initial form of C19. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, fforest said:

If one, yes I said one, case can shut down a whole country then there is really no hope is there?

You ever heard of vaccines?

You know, those things that window lickers believe have chips in them, or alter DNA to turn you into a monkey, or similar garbage.

As I've already said, New Zealand's vaccine roll out has been bad, hence currently  having to do the lockdown. 

They have already said they will open the country up in 2022, as by that time they will have a high % of their population vaccinated, no more need for lockdowns. 

f**k me, it's not rocket science, my 5 year old daughter has a better understanding of what's going on than you. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, fygjam said:

The only red flag I see is the one you keep waving to highlight your gross stupidity.

On the 16th June the state of NSW (that's in Australia) had one case of community transmission.

"Gold Standard" Gladys thought it could be managed without the need for a lockdown. After all, NSW is the gold standard anti-lockdown state.

Nine days later, after Covid was spreading uncontrollably throughout the community they thought that maybe they had better lock things down. They are still in lockdown 7 weeks later with no end in sight.

They are recording over 600 new cases per day.

They have over 10,000 active cases.

They have 462 people in hospital up from the single case they had on June 16th.

72 cases are in ICU, up from 0 back in June.

25 cases are on ventilators, zero back in June.

60 deaths so far from the current outbreak.

That is how a single case gets out of control.

I'll bet "Gold Standard" Gladys is now wishing she had put the state into lockdown on the 17th June.

He is talking about NZ locking down over one case.

You do realise that NZ is a country...made up of two islands...not a state....and separate to Australia. If not...I suggest you hit your google once again.

Oh another difference...NZ...is not NSW.... even though the abbreviation begins in N.

Please keep up.

cheers 

6 hours ago, Krapow said:

The number of deaths for NZ of 26 is shocking for a country of that size and where they are situated and for you to say that that they have handled it good would have to be the understatement of this topic.... really the only idiot is you for making such a ridiculous statement...no.. utterly ridiculous.

The reality is it is a shocking result and NZ should hang their heads in shame at that number. Last year the NZ PM declared to the world that they had eradicated the virus...and then also declared that she did a little private "jig" to celebrate the fact. They shut down for one case...and one of their reactions is to close their vaccination centres..... maybe she did that as she has some dancing lessons to attend...555.

One thing is certain...you clearly have no idea...you are just a puppet of msm media to spruik whatever they throw up..and then run around trying to pass yourself as some expert. The only one detached from reality is you and some of your cronies.

cheers

Edited by roobob

6 minutes ago, roobob said:

He is talking about NZ locking down over one case.

You do realise that NZ is a country...made up of two islands...not a state....and separate to Australia. If not...I suggest you hit your google once again.

Oh another difference...NZ...is not NSW.... even though the abbreviation begins in N.

Please keep up.

cheers 

You do realise that I was using the current debacle in NSW as an example of what a single case of Covid can do if it's ignored.

Or maybe that's a bit to complex for you.

Those in NZ realised what can happen which is why they took immediate action. Didn't want the disaster which is currently happening in NSW due to the inaction of those responsible.

PS. Where do you think the initial case in NZ came from. Wouldn't be NSW would it?

3 minutes ago, fygjam said:

You do realise that I was using the current debacle in NSW as an example of what a single case of Covid can do if it's ignored.

Those in NZ realised what can happen which is why they took immediate action. Didn't want the disaster which is currently happening in NSW due to the inaction of those responsible.

PS. Where do you think the initial case in NZ came from. Wouldn't be NSW would it?

As said...you do realise that NZ is a separate country...not a State???

Now run off back to google and do some homework.

cheers

2 minutes ago, roobob said:

As said...you do realise that NZ is a separate country...not a State???

Now run off back to google and do some homework.

cheers

I knew it would be too hard for you to understand.

A single case let lose in a community can have dire consequences.

I suppose you applaud "Gold Standard" Gladys' inaction. She did her best to not only fuk NSW she tried to fuk the entire country.

Just now, fygjam said:

I knew it would be too hard for you to understand.

A single case let lose in a community can have dire consequences.

I suppose you applaud "Gold Standard" Gladys' inaction. She did her best to not only fuk NSW she tried to fuk the entire country.

Oh dear...some mothers do have them.

fforest is talking about New Zealand... the leader's name there is Jacinda.

Please keep up.

cheers 

16 minutes ago, roobob said:

Oh dear...some mothers do have them.

fforest is talking about New Zealand... the leader's name there is Jacinda.

Please keep up.

cheers 

Already answered. 

I knew it would be too hard for you to understand. Never try and teach a pig to play the violin.

32 minutes ago, fygjam said:

12 minutes ago, fygjam said:

Already answered. 

I knew it would be too hard for you to understand. Never try and teach a pig to play the violin.

Your mother is calling you...it is passed your bedtime.

goodnight.

cheers