COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

Right-wing media pushed a deworming drug to treat Covid-19 that the FDA says is unsafe for humans

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/08/23/media/right-wing-media-ivermectin/index.html

Public health officials are aggressively dispelling claims by right-wing media personalities who have been promoting an anti-parasitic drug used for livestock as a potential Covid-19 treatment.

"You are not a horse. You are not a cow," the US Food and Drug Administration tweeted Saturday.

"Seriously, y'all. Stop it."

Top conservative media personalities — including Fox News hosts Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity, and Laura Ingraham — have mentioned ivermectin as a drug that could possibly be used to treat Covid-19.

This is part of a recent theme in right-wing media of attacking public health officials for promoting the highly effective coronavirus vaccines as the best path out of the pandemic instead of potential therapeutics to treat the virus.

Throughout the pandemic, Fox News, talk-radio, and right-wing websites have promoted unproven therapeutics to treat Covid-19 while simultaneously casting doubt on the effectiveness of vaccines and masks...

237661501_10226961131563387_1491134522116258487_n.jpg

Edited by lazarus

https://newsthump.com/2021/08/21/how-i-beat-covid-the-natural-way-with-nothing-more-than-an-ambulance-ride-and-four-nights-in-hospital-on-oxygen-by-right-said-fred/

C2B2E5B1-DA27-4494-B699-49A272DE83AC.jpeg

How I beat Covid the ‘natural way’ with nothing more than an ambulance ride and four nights in hospital on oxygen, by Right Said Fred

Right Said Fred singer Richard Fairbrass has spoken of his heroic victory over the Covid virus, despite not being vaccinated, insisting all it took was his own immune system, one ambulance ride and four days and nights of extra oxygen.

Fairbrass, who has been an outspoken critic of the government’s response to the covid crisis, insisting it is all a scam and that vaccines shouldn’t be trusted, was taken to hospital with breathing difficulties and then discovered he had Covid.

He told reporters, “Yeah, I had a little bit of Covid, but as I’ve been saying all along, it’s basically just flu and your immune system is more than up to the task of beating it.

“I mean, no, I’ve never been hospitalised for several days for flu before, but other people have so it’s definitely the same thing.”

He went on to explain how his ‘all natural’ response to the virus proves that it’s nothing to be scared of.

“It’s like I’ve been saying for 18 months, we have evolved to fight off viruses – apart from all of those viruses that kill us – so letting nature take its course with this one is the right thing to do.

“All I needed was a healthy immune system, and the evolutionary benefits of an ambulance ride and a couple of compressed oxygen tanks for my sole use – then bingo, all fine again.”

A spokesperson for the hospital told us, “Yes, he took up a bed for four nights that could have been used by someone else if he’d been vaccinated, given how well the vaccines protect against people requiring hospitalisation for Covid – but the cost of living in a free society is that sometimes we have to treat selfish pricks. So here we are.

“To be honest, we’re just grateful that he kept his shirt on.”

4 hours ago, fforest said:

https://insiderpaper.com/new-variant-covid-22-more-deadly-delta-doctor-sai-reddy/

An expert has warned that a new variant dubbed “Covid-22” could be more lethal than the world-dominating Delta.

“We need to counter this with a high level of antibodies, and that is exactly what a third booster dose of vaccine does,” he explained.

9 hours ago, fforest said:

https://insiderpaper.com/new-variant-covid-22-more-deadly-delta-doctor-sai-reddy/

An expert has warned that a new variant dubbed “Covid-22” could be more lethal than the world-dominating Delta.

The worst kinda sensationalised shite, hypothetical and full of ifs, buts and maybes. 

You're such a Karen, you need to get on with your life and stop living in fear. 

8 hours ago, Stillearly said:

https://newsthump.com/2021/08/21/how-i-beat-covid-the-natural-way-with-nothing-more-than-an-ambulance-ride-and-four-nights-in-hospital-on-oxygen-by-right-said-fred/

C2B2E5B1-DA27-4494-B699-49A272DE83AC.jpeg

How I beat Covid the ‘natural way’ with nothing more than an ambulance ride and four nights in hospital on oxygen, by Right Said Fred

Right Said Fred singer Richard Fairbrass has spoken of his heroic victory over the Covid virus, despite not being vaccinated, insisting all it took was his own immune system, one ambulance ride and four days and nights of extra oxygen.

Fairbrass, who has been an outspoken critic of the government’s response to the covid crisis, insisting it is all a scam and that vaccines shouldn’t be trusted, was taken to hospital with breathing difficulties and then discovered he had Covid.

He told reporters, “Yeah, I had a little bit of Covid, but as I’ve been saying all along, it’s basically just flu and your immune system is more than up to the task of beating it.

“I mean, no, I’ve never been hospitalised for several days for flu before, but other people have so it’s definitely the same thing.”

He went on to explain how his ‘all natural’ response to the virus proves that it’s nothing to be scared of.

“It’s like I’ve been saying for 18 months, we have evolved to fight off viruses – apart from all of those viruses that kill us – so letting nature take its course with this one is the right thing to do.

“All I needed was a healthy immune system, and the evolutionary benefits of an ambulance ride and a couple of compressed oxygen tanks for my sole use – then bingo, all fine again.”

A spokesperson for the hospital told us, “Yes, he took up a bed for four nights that could have been used by someone else if he’d been vaccinated, given how well the vaccines protect against people requiring hospitalisation for Covid – but the cost of living in a free society is that sometimes we have to treat selfish pricks. So here we are.

“To be honest, we’re just grateful that he kept his shirt on.”

Bet it's the first time he's ever turned down a prick!

• Haha 4

"Greece to end free COVID testing for unvaccinated

The country is hoping to boost the number of people coming forward for a vaccine and prevent another surge in infections.

New measures coming into effect on 13 September mean unvaccinated people will have to test either once or twice a week, depending on their profession, and they'll have to pay for it themselves.

Those who are vaccinated will still be able to access free testing."

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Health/wireStory/greece-put-restrictions-unvaccinated-individuals-79615348&ved=2ahUKEwi8j9WG5MvyAhUCoVwKHazUDBoQyM8BMAJ6BAgKEAM&usg=AOvVaw09elB6F0Lx1UbEOCpLlQOT&ampcf=1

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

52 minutes ago, Starshine said:

The country is hoping to boost the number of people coming forward for a vaccine and prevent another surge in infections.

New measures coming into effect on 13 September mean unvaccinated people will have to test either once or twice a week, depending on their profession, and they'll have to pay for it themselves.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Health/wireStory/greece-put-restrictions-unvaccinated-individuals-79615348&ved=2ahUKEwi8j9WG5MvyAhUCoVwKHazUDBoQyM8BMAJ6BAgKEAM&usg=AOvVaw09elB6F0Lx1UbEOCpLlQOT&ampcf=1

Think quite a few European countries are gonna do that.

Just right too, you make your choice, you live with the consequences. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Starshine said:

It's a shame when it comes to these kind of decisions but I think as time goes by, it will become more common place. 

It is clear that those who have not been vaccinated, are the most likely to become a strain on Health systems and the biggest Spreaders of the Virus. If some countries become forced into lockdown or greater restrictions, then they will be the main contributers. No doubt then they will be the first to complain about such restrictions

Unfortunately, if antivaxxers won't be convinced of this, then the only way is to place restrictions upon them, such as compulsory testing and or restrictions of certain activities for those unwilling to be vaccinated. 

They can scream and shout about their civil liberties, but they will get little support from the majorities or Governments as there is little to no evidence to support their case, apart from debunked conspiracy theories and self centered attitudes. 

If they are not prepared to play their part, then they should be hit where it hurts the most, in their pocket and their freedoms to access the places where they present most danger to themselves and others. Tough Titties!!! 

Everyone else has had to make sacrifices and they should be no different. 

We all want to get back to normal life one way or another. 

Antivaxxers will in time become Social Lepers, like it or not

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

3 minutes ago, fforest said:

The vaxxed will be social lepers too, if they don't take their booster shot....And all following shots.....

But most will. Covid will not disappear overnight. 

It's hardly invasive to anyone who has already had two shots already. 

2 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

It's hardly invasive to anyone who has already had to shots already. 

Well on twitter its no surprise there are lots of antivaxers......But what was a surprise to me there is a growing number of people who are angry at the possibility of having to take more than 2 jabs and are joining up with the antivaxers...

12 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

It's hardly invasive to anyone who has already had two shots already. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-58322882

Covid infection protection waning in double jabbed

Researchers say they are seeing some waning of protection against Covid infections in double-jabbed people.

The real-world study includes data on positive Covid PCR test results between May and July 2021 among more than a million people who had received two doses of Pfizer or AstraZeneca vaccine.

Protection after two shots of Pfizer decreased from 88% at one month to 74% at five to six months.

For AstraZeneca, the fall was from 77% to 67% at four to five months.

Waning protection is to be expected, say experts.

Although some breakthrough infections may be happening, vaccines are still doing a very good job at protecting people against severe Covid illness and deaths.

By Michelle Roberts
Health editor, BBC News online

1 hour ago, fforest said:

Well on twitter its no surprise there are lots of antivaxers......But what was a surprise to me there is a growing number of people who are angry at the possibility of having to take more than 2 jabs and are joining up with the antivaxers...

Fuck Twitter. What is the growing number exactly who are joining Antivaxxers? Why should they be angry? It only takes a few minutes. 

I have been having the Flu jab once a year for the last 5 years. What's the big deal,about getting a Covid Booster jab at the same time?

Maybe some of these Twitter losers don't want to take off their pyjamas and get dressed for fear they might miss a Tweet 😁😁😁

If only they knew that at least half of Conspiracy tweets are created by Bots and not people. Plus multiple accounts held by faceless people who can post what ever disinformation they like and gullible readers, eager to fill their heads with garbage, will trust their every word. 

• Like 2