COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

I'll stick with the facts, not Fox News

. . .

Covid-19: Antiparasite Drug Ivermectin Shows No Benefit

https://www.physiciansweekly.com/covid-19-antiparasite-drug-ivermectin-shows-no-benefit/

... Researchers concluded that the study findings do not support the use of ivermectin for the treatment of mild Covid-19, but they added that larger trials may be needed to determine if the drug has efficacy for outcomes other than time to symptom resolution.

The findings were published online March 4 in JAMA by Eduardo Lopez-Medinia, MD, and colleagues from the Estudios en Infectologia Pediatrica, Cali, Columbia.

Interest in ivermectin as a treatment for Covid-19 grew after an in vitro study showed that treating SARS-CoV-2 infected cells with the drug in culture elicited a roughly 5,000-fold reduction in viral RNA within 48 hours.

The drug, which is commonly used in veterinary medicine to de-worm horses, came to the public’s attention after a group of critical care workers who formed the Front Line Covid-19 Critical Care Alliance (FLCCC) at the start of the pandemic began promoting it on its website as a treatment for Covid-19...

. . .

Effect of Ivermectin on Time to Resolution of Symptoms Among Adults With Mild COVID-19
A Randomized Clinical Trial

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2777389?guestAccessKey=e98010ef-e747-40ad-b865-a18c9c0450d9

Conclusion and Relevance  Among adults with mild COVID-19, a 5-day course of ivermectin, compared with placebo, did not significantly improve the time to resolution of symptoms. The findings do not support the use of ivermectin for treatment of mild COVID-19, although larger trials may be needed to understand the effects of ivermectin on other clinically relevant outcomes.

. . .

• Great Info 1

4 hours ago, lazarus said:

Signed,

Justus R. Hope, MD. . .

. . .

Too feckin' funny the crap you post. 💩

You have to wonder why someone would write an article under a false name, unless they were trying to hide something.

Still, as they say...

If it ducks like a quack...

Justus R. Hope could quite possibly be Jeffrey Wendel Grolig of Redding, CA.

4 hours ago, roobob said:

So what...did you read the article.  I know that you think you can never be wrong but in this case you could take the always right blinkers off and look at an alternative treatment with an open mind as it seems the view you currently hold is mistaken. Some extracts

🤣🤣🤣

ah ha ... now we're getting somewhere...

Clamoring for ivermectin, some turn to a pro-Trump telemedicine website
Much as the anti-malaria drug hydroxychloroquine became an unproven remedy for Covid deniers, ivermectin has emerged in recent weeks as a new false cure.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/ivermectin-demand-drives-trump-telemedicine-website-rcna1791?cid=sm_npd_nn_fb_ma&fbclid=IwAR0-H5S7Nk11iZsiwXHfr5Mj-Bfv367DQGPCtHPfPCeUtSW3gVogK8BrxMc

... The demand is for ivermectin, a drug primarily used to deworm animals that has become the latest false cure for Covid-19. And the website, in partnership with the organization America’s Frontline Doctors, whose founder stormed the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, has become well-known in the Facebook groups and Reddit communities where anti-vaccination sentiment thrives...

... “It’s hard to understand why people would turn down an FDA-approved Covid preventative in favor of a treatment that’s not only unapproved but has a large body of evidence showing it doesn’t work,” said Dr. Nathan Boonstra, a pediatrician at Blank Children’s Hospital in Des Moines, Iowa, and co-host of the podcast “Voices for Vaccines.” “But antivax groups will eat up any opportunity to make it seem like a vaccine isn’t needed. This has been true about anti-vaccine groups long before the pandemic.

“There is a lot of shared space between pro-ivermectin and anti-vaccine groups,” he added...

... The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention issued a health advisory Thursday warning of a rapid increase in ivermectin prescriptions and reports of severe illness by people using ivermectin products...

Capture.JPG

roooob...

Maybe you should 'double dose' and report back to us?

Rapid Increase in Ivermectin Prescriptions and Reports of Severe Illness Associated with Use of Products Containing Ivermectin to Prevent or Treat COVID-19

https://emergency.cdc.gov/han/2021/pdf/CDC_HAN_449.pdf

... In some cases, people have ingested ivermectin-containing products purchased without a prescription,
including topical formulations and veterinary products. Veterinary formulations intended for use in large
animals such as horses, sheep, and cattle (e.g., “sheep drench,” injection formulations, and “pour-on”
products for cattle) can be highly concentrated and result in overdoses when used by humans. Animal
products may also contain inactive ingredients that have not been evaluated for use in humans. People
who take inappropriately high doses of ivermectin above FDA-recommended dosing may experience
toxic effects.

Clinical effects of ivermectin overdose include gastrointestinal symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, and
diarrhea. Overdoses are associated with hypotension and neurologic effects such as decreased
consciousness, confusion, hallucinations, seizures, coma, and death. Ivermectin may potentiate the
effects of other drugs that cause central nervous system depression such as benzodiazepines and
barbiturates...

Edited by lazarus

4 hours ago, roobob said:

So what...did you read the article.  I know that you think you can never be wrong but in this case you could take the always right blinkers off and look at an alternative treatment with an open mind as it seems the view you currently hold is mistaken. Some extracts

Ralph Lorigo is the lawyer who now has won three court orders forcing New York hospitals to administer Ivermectin to dying patients. Incredibly, these three hospitals and their lawyers fought against the patients, arguing they did not have the right to receive the drug despite a valid prescription written by their doctors. In essence, the argument was that they did not have the right to try a potentially life-saving medication.

Ivermectin costs about $2 per dose. It is safer than Tylenol or most vitamins, says Dr. Pierre Kory of the FLCCC Alliance, a group of expert physicians promoting access and information through a nonprofit organization. Dr. Kory and Mr. Lorigo have teamed up to help other hospitalized patients gain access to the life-saving drug.

Ivermectin recently won in court in South Africa after a protracted legal battle. Ralph Lorigo has now won his third State Supreme Court Injunction in New York. Will legal strategies also be required in the US to gain FDA approval for Ivermectin to treat COVID-19? 

Dr. Tess Lawrie has entered this David v. Goliath battle. She is an independent research consultant to the WHO, and her work has consistently been used to underpin International Clinic Practice Guidelines. In other words, she has been one of the go-to scientists on which the WHO bases their recommendations. 

She has established a non-profit organization to promote the worldwide approval and adoption of Ivermectin for COVID-19.

The lawyer

Home (lorigo.com)

$2 dollars a dose?? How reckless can you be? Nah, I'll stick with this stuff...2  cents a dose max.download.jpg

5 hours ago, fforest said:

Manchester

Brilliant stuff!

Just when i think you can't make me laugh at you any more than i already have.

Apart from being absolutely thick as f**k, i have no idea why you're posting a pic from a Gay Pride/Trans Rights march in Manchester yesterday, and trying to pass it off as anti vaxx/lockdwon.  I mean, even from a quick glance the placards are clearly saying stuff about trans rights, gay pride etc. 

The irony of you nutters screaming do your own research just never gets old!

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/gallery/pictures-hundreds-protesters-march-through-21426332

So i can only assume either

a) You're actually a closet Ladyboy who in his/her haste this morning to get posting garbage, got mixed up on your forums of choice, and you meant to post the above pic in your favourite 'Pattaya Ladyboys R Us' forum. 

Or

b) Some other freak has posted this online as to do with Covid, and you're that gullible and thick as f**k, you believe anything you see online without doing even the most basic of checks/research whatever you want to call it. Even the most basic of checks, like more than a 1 second glance. 

Either is very plausible TBH, i think i'll go with a bit of both. 

PS - Just to clarify, as we like to be as inclusive as possible on 24/7,  so your preferred pronoun would be she/her, yea?

Comedy gold, claims to be a 'seeker of the truth' and believes absolutely anything passed off as true online.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, lazarus said:

rooboob...

Maybe you should 'double dose' and report back to us?

Rapid Increase in Ivermectin Prescriptions and Reports of Severe Illness Associated with Use of Products Containing Ivermectin to Prevent or Treat COVID-19

https://emergency.cdc.gov/han/2021/pdf/CDC_HAN_449.pdf

... In some cases, people have ingested ivermectin-containing products purchased without a prescription,
including topical formulations and veterinary products. Veterinary formulations intended for use in large
animals such as horses, sheep, and cattle (e.g., “sheep drench,” injection formulations, and “pour-on”
products for cattle) can be highly concentrated and result in overdoses when used by humans. Animal
products may also contain inactive ingredients that have not been evaluated for use in humans. People
who take inappropriately high doses of ivermectin above FDA-recommended dosing may experience
toxic effects.

Clinical effects of ivermectin overdose include gastrointestinal symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, andcondideration 
consciousness, confusion, hallucinations, seizures, coma, and death. Ivermectin may potentiate the
effects of other drugs that cause central nervous system depression such as benzodiazepines and
barbiturates...

Once again you deflect and read the article above again. The article states that the medicine was administered under the guidance of drs but I am sure you have not taken that fact into consideration as it goes against your grain to do so. 

The question has to be asked.... why are some of the vaccinators scared when other treatments are put forward that could be a benefit against the virus as surely all should be looked at in an open minded way

cheers

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, roobob said:

Once again you deflect and read the article above again. The article states that the medicine was administered under the guidance of drs but I am sure you have not taken that fact into consideration as it goes against your grain to do so. 

The question has to be asked.... why are some of the vaccinators scared when other treatments are put forward that could be a benefit against the virus as surely all should be looked at in an open minded way

cheers

You go guy...!

360_F_293651706_yWPUuo6vbVXYIRaS6GDsGj5GIJOc0RYo.jpg

4 minutes ago, roobob said:

cheers

download (1).jpg

56 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Brilliant stuff!

Just when i think you can't make me laugh at you any more than i already have.

Apart from being absolutely thick as f**k, i have no idea why you're posting a pic from a Gay Pride/Trans Rights march in Manchester yesterday, and trying to pass it off as anti vaxx/lockdwon.  I mean, even from a quick glance the placards are clearly saying stuff about trans rights, gay pride etc. 

The irony of you nutters screaming do your own research just never gets old!

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/gallery/pictures-hundreds-protesters-march-through-21426332

So i can only assume either

a) You're actually a closet Ladyboy who in his/her haste this morning to get posting garbage, got mixed up on your forums of choice, and you meant to post the above pic in your favourite 'Pattaya Ladyboys R Us' forum. 

Or

b) Some other freak has posted this online as to do with Covid, and you're that gullible and thick as f**k, you believe anything you see online without doing even the most basic of checks/research whatever you want to call it. Even the most basic of checks, like more than a 1 second glance. 

Either is very plausible TBH, i think i'll go with a bit of both. 

PS - Just to clarify, as we like to be as inclusive as possible on 24/7,  so your preferred pronoun would be she/her, yea?

Comedy gold, claims to be a 'seeker of the truth' and believes absolutely anything passed off as true online.  

So what?....If this post got mixed in with the others by accident....If you want to miss the main point....That all the other post show,that's your choice...

• Haha 4

This guys dead now ..

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/texas-anti-mask-covid-caleb-wallace_n_61285af4e4b0f562f3dc5224?ncid=other_twitter_cooo9wqtham&utm_campaign=share_twitter

When he first felt symptoms on July 26, his wife told the Standard-Times, he refused to get tested or seek medical care. He instead began treating himself with a cocktail of Vitamin C, zinc, aspirin and ivermectin, an anti-parasitic drug that has been falsely promoted as an effective treatment for COVID-19 by conservative media. He was taken to the hospital on July 30.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

This guys dead now ..

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/texas-anti-mask-covid-caleb-wallace_n_61285af4e4b0f562f3dc5224?ncid=other_twitter_cooo9wqtham&utm_campaign=share_twitter

When he first felt symptoms on July 26, his wife told the Standard-Times, he refused to get tested or seek medical care. He instead began treating himself with a cocktail of Vitamin C, zinc, aspirin and ivermectin, an anti-parasitic drug that has been falsely promoted as an effective treatment for COVID-19 by conservative media. He was taken to the hospital on July 30.

Sad isn't it.

9 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

This guys dead now ..

Edited by fforest

27 minutes ago, fforest said:

So what?....If this post got mixed in with the others by accident....If you want to miss the main point....That all the other post show,that's your choice...

'So what' says the guy who along with Bob-a-Job got their knickers in a twist about the graves pic which was posted in error.

36 minutes ago, fforest said:

So the answer is 'a' then, you did got mixed up in your haste, and posted the pic on here instead of your favourite ladyboy forum. Thanks for clarifying. 

Remember, question everything you scream .......that's the point, then you and the other conspiracy freaks see and believe any old shite on the internet, anything, even if the most basic of scrutiny shows it to be absolute bollocks you don't question anything, you just believe it as you're so gullible and naive.

Clearly the irony of that is way over your head. 

'Well on the twitter' ...:sarcasm:

• Like 1