COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

30 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

What they don't show, at these rally video clips, is the collection tins that are constantly passed around and the appeals for online donations. 

A great little earner for the organisers who do little work for big financial rewards. 

Get a mob together at their own expense and get them excited online.  Let's say if just 500 turn up, and donate just £5 in cash on average, then that is £2500 for a few hours work. Probably at least double that in PayPal contributions. 

The organisers of these events are cashing in on COVID-19 which has become a lucrative business for promoters of Antivax. 

Soon, if not already, they will be selling antivax merchandise. Caps, T shirts, banners etc, made in China and sold for 5 times the cost. Another  nice little earner and lambs to the slaughter 

Pure scumbags

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lazarus said:

Veklury (Remdesivir) is an antiviral drug approved for use in adults and pediatric patients [12 years of age and older and weighing at least 40 kilograms (about 88 pounds)] for the treatment of COVID-19 requiring hospitalization.

. . .

Know Your Treatment Options for COVID-19

https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer-updates/know-your-treatment-options-covid-19

There's lots, from steroids to anti virals.

Anyone who thinks the only 'medication' given for Covid is the vaccines, is clueless 🙄 

2 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

What they don't show, at these rally video clips, is the collection tins that are constantly passed around and the appeals for online donations. 

A great little earner for the organisers who do little work for big financial rewards. 

Get a mob together at their own expense and get them excited online.  Let's say if just 500 turn up, and donate just £5 in cash on average, then that is £2500 for a few hours work. Probably at least double that in PayPal contributions. 

The organisers of these events are cashing in on COVID-19 which has become a lucrative business for promoters of Antivax. 

Soon, if not already, they will be selling antivax merchandise. Caps, T shirts, banners etc, made in China and sold for 5 times the cost. Another  nice little earner and lambs to the slaughter 

Modern day conmen,  fleecing the gullible.

There always was and always will be simpletons and misfits to be exploited, and always those who will exploit them. 

Tis the way of the world ...

26 minutes ago, Krapow said:

There's lots, from steroids to anti virals.

Anyone who thinks the only 'medication' given for Covid is the vaccines, is clueless 🙄 

I ("likely") had Covid after I returned from an extended trip to Asia (incl. China) in late Fall '19. Worst respiratory infection ever (& I've had many in my 6+ decades). Lost my sense of smell (with no upper respiratory congestion).

Prior to seeing a doctor, I self-treated with an albuterol nebulizer & week's course of steroids. Two courses of antibiotics were necessary to finally kick it. Felt hammered for an entire month (did not take a single photo).

Doctors were 'clueless' about Covid at that time. Much later my primary care doc said I "likely had it."

10 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

Over 95% of them I'd say are just piss and wind. 

Empty vessels creating noise to try and blur what's become transparent that the vaccines work, and evidence based decision making is preferable to the modern version of listening to the bloke down the pub.

I've seen the small UK demo's in London, small bunch of angry white blokes. Several of these I recognise from the Brexit marches. They've figured out where Trafalgar Square is, and know showing up there gets them publicity- totally out of proportion with their numbers.

Look slightly deeper at the majority of the UK anti vax, crowd and almost without exception their "wider beliefs", embrace antisemitism.

COVID is just a convenient bandwagon for these scumbags to recruit followers, and for the leaders to enrich themselves.

Amazing how suddenly so many of these fucks think they have a clue what the f**k they are talking about.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, lazarus said:

I ("likely") had Covid after I returned from an extended trip to Asia (incl. China) in late Fall '19. Worst respiratory infection ever (& I've had many in my 6+ decades). Lost my sense of smell (with no upper respiratory congestion).

Prior to seeing a doctor, I self-treated with an albuterol nebulizer & week's course of steroids. Two courses of antibiotics were necessary to finally kick it. Felt hammered for an entire month (did not take a single photo).

Doctors were 'clueless' about Covid at that time. Much later my primary care doc said I "likely had it."

Same thing happened to me Dec. 2019. Picked it up in Bangkok, sure of it. But I will save that story for another time (maybe I'll email you though).

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

👍

Another nail you hit squarely on the head mate.

21 minutes ago, fforest said:

Source(s) for this table? Hard to know the context and how it relates to Covid. Easy to lie with statistical tables.

https://towardsdatascience.com/lessons-from-how-to-lie-with-statistics-57060c0d2f19

. . .

Smoking is an underlying cause of heart disease, cancer and stroke.

https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/basic_information/health_effects/heart_disease/index.htm

. . .

People do not die directly from brain diseases like dementia or Alzheimer's, but rather from health conditions that occur in later stages of disease (e.g., infections, pneumonia, sepsis, etc).

https://www.dementia.org.au/about-dementia/carers/later-stages-of-dementia

4 hours ago, lazarus said:

Source(s) for this table? Hard to know the context and how it relates to Covid. Easy to lie with statistical tables.

https://towardsdatascience.com/lessons-from-how-to-lie-with-statistics-57060c0d2f19

. . .

Smoking is an underlying cause of heart disease, cancer and stroke.

https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/basic_information/health_effects/heart_disease/index.htm

. . .

People do not die directly from brain diseases like dementia or Alzheimer's, but rather from health conditions that occur in later stages of disease (e.g., infections, pneumonia, sepsis, etc).

https://www.dementia.org.au/about-dementia/carers/later-stages-of-dementia

The fact is that all the time the medical community is obsessed with Covid, other more life threatening illness are being ignored. The backlog of treatment and appointments in the UK was over 13 million appointments last time I read about it. 

And you try getting to see a GP face to face, they all want to work from home making phone 'diagnosis' while raking in £100,000+ a year. 

You read stories all the time about people being misdiagnosed over the phone, like heart attacks being mistaken for indigestion, lumps not being diagnosed as cancer etc.. 

Covid deaths will be f**k all compared to the amount of deaths and illness due to ignorance of all other ailments. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, lazarus said:

Source(s) for this table? 

Some antivax nerd on Twitter who's just found out how to create Pie Charts in his bedroom. Because it's in nice bright colours and looks remotely official, then some will believe the figures imagining that they are from some official source and based on research. See how easy it is. 

Just like a pics/video of a gay pride demo being used to pretend it was an antivax demo. Perhaps with the belief that a picture paints a thousand words. 

Anyone who has Microsoft PowerPoint or one of the dozens of presentation software apps can make Pie chart and fill it with anything they chose. It's all part of the disinformation game. 😁😁 Garbage in, garbage out. 

Cancer is not caused by a virus and is not transmittable from one human to another

Dementia/Alzheimer's are not caused by a virus and are not transmittable from one human to another

Strokes are not caused by a virus and are not transmittable from one human to another

Heart diseases are not caused by a virus and are not transmitted from one human to another

There are no vaccines available for any of the above

The chart is therefore totally irrelevant. 

But don't tell that to anyone who sees what they want to believe 

• Thumbs Up 2

38 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

There are no vaccines available for any of the above

I think the point is they're mostly treatable not that they can be vaccinated against, and that treatment is being missed out on.

It's not our decision to make, but knowing a covid victim survived instead of (for example) a family member with a different ailment wouldn't make that loss any easier to accept.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, KWA said:

I think the point is they're mostly treatable not that they can be vaccinated against, and that treatment is being missed out on.

It's not our decision to make, but knowing a covid victim survived instead of (for example) a family member with a different ailment wouldn't make that loss any easier to accept.

Perhaps when Pie Charts are taken from other media and posted here that perhaps that should be explained, if the case.  Not sure who They are. 

Millions of people die each  from non medical conditions such as road accidents, suicide, murder, natural disasters and natural causes etc. But it does not detract from the fact that Covid is still creating many more deaths than if it did not exist. 

17 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Millions of people die each  from non medical conditions such as road accidents, suicide, murder etc. But it does not detract from the fact that Covid is still creating many more deaths than if it did not exist. 

Don't make it acceptable for lazy arse GP's to use it as an excuse to not go to work and see patients face to face, which is what they are doing. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Don't make it acceptable for lazy arse GP's to use it as an excuse to not go to work and see patients face to face, which is what they are doing. 

I think that is a case of NHS Policy at the moment. Not the doctors themselves. 

Seems to be applied across all GP surgeries

It is frustrating I know and I have recently been on the end of a 111 call. Takes forever

1 minute ago, Nightcrawler said:

I think that is a case of NHS Policy at the moment. Not the doctors themselves. 

Don't matter, end of the day, the whole medical community is milking the arse out of it to avoid seeing and treating patients properly. 

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Don't matter, end of the day, the whole medical community is milking the arse out of it to avoid seeing and treating patients properly. 

Maybe I have been lucky as none of my hospital apts have been cancelled recently. My last post cancer follow up few weeks ago and the hospital was massively busy and far more so than previously. 

As a result of not being able to get face to face apts with a GP, A&E departments are far busier than usual. 

I think that unless things get worse re Covid in UK, that surgeries will open again fully quite soon. I went to my local surgery 2 weeks ago to see the nurse to have routine ood test and blood pressure check etc. There were people in the waiting area, but not sure why they were there though 

I am not an advocate for the NHS, just my personal experience of using them over the last year. 

Which reminds me, I have an apt next week at Cardio to check my pacemaker device. I am a grade A coffin dodger. I know the NHS has its faults but without them, I would surely be dead by now. 

• Like 3