Sai's not talking to me - failed the Jacob's challenge!

Jambo

2 hours ago, Jambo said:

Sai's not talking to me after she lost a 100 baht  bet on the Jacob's Cream Cracker challenge. 🤣

Jacobs Crackers.jpg

Our local Robinson's Shopping Center has a supermarket which stocks a number of "western" lines that you do not tend to see elsewhere in Thailand. One of these is Jacob's Cream Crackers which I am quite partial to as a snack or just in lieu of bread.

I was eating some today which accompanied a rice "pot soup" I had  as a snack lunch.

Sai had never tried a cream cracker and picked up one of mine which was simply buttered. Thai's cannot resist trying something new or some of anything off your plate if they have already declined to have there own individual portion.  

I asked her afterwards if she enjoyed the cream cracker expecting her to say "mai arroy!" but, no, it had been met with approval.

So I wondered if Sai would like a little "challenge" involving a bet.

"Sai, I have a little challenge for you if you are up for it. I bet you 500 baht against your 100 baht that you cannot eat 6 Jacob's Cream Crackers in one minute."

"So when I eat the 6 crackers in a minute you give me 500 baht?"

"Yes, and if you fail you give me 100 baht."

"Okay, go get the crackers."

To be fair, I did tell Sai it was not as easy as it might seem and that she had to eat each cracker one after the other.

Her and her sister had a little chat in Thai then

"Are they buttered?"

"No." says I

Another chat in Thai then

"can I have a drink of water?"

"Yes, you can drink now but once you start the first cracker nothing else until you finish."

"Right, but sister Joy keeps the time."

"Fine with me."

3 - 2 -1

GO!

Sister Joy calls time at 1 minute 30 seconds and sai is still trying to swallow cracker number two which is below average in the list of abject failures! 🤣

I tried to decline payment but pride requires the 100 baht to pass to me.

Its all gone quiet...................

For a while. 🤣

You know how to edge your bets don't you? 

Back in the day it was eat 4 in a minute and that was hardly ever done. :default_fun:

Edited by boydeste
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Jambo said:

Sai's not talking to me after she lost a 100 baht  bet on the Jacob's Cream Cracker challenge. 🤣

Jacobs Crackers.jpg

Our local Robinson's Shopping Center has a supermarket which stocks a number of "western" lines that you do not tend to see elsewhere in Thailand. One of these is Jacob's Cream Crackers which I am quite partial to as a snack or just in lieu of bread.

I was eating some today which accompanied a rice "pot soup" I had  as a snack lunch.

Sai had never tried a cream cracker and picked up one of mine which was simply buttered. Thai's cannot resist trying something new or some of anything off your plate if they have already declined to have there own individual portion.  

I asked her afterwards if she enjoyed the cream cracker expecting her to say "mai arroy!" but, no, it had been met with approval.

"Sai, I have a little challenge for you if you are up for it. I bet you 500 baht against your 100 baht that you cannot eat 6 Jacob's Cream Crackers in one minute."

To be fair, I did tell Sai it was not as easy as it might seem and that she had to eat each cracker one after the other.

"Are they buttered?"

"No." says I

"Yes, you can drink now but once you start the first cracker nothing else until you finish."

"Fine with me."

3 - 2 -1

GO!

Sister Joy calls time at 1 minute 30 seconds and sai is still trying to swallow cracker number two which is below average in the list of abject failures! 🤣

For a while. 🤣

Is your father Jacob? 

Because you're a cracker.... 

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, boydeste said:

You know how to edge your bets don't you? 

Back in the day it was eat 4 in a minute and that was hardly ever done. :default_fun:

I cannot recall ever seeing it done and I couldn't remember if it was 4 or 6 crackers. 😀

A guy in the dart team I once played in was challenged by a mate of mine for a fiver. They both failed but my mate was deemed to be the winner on total amount consumed but it was very close. The loser then immediately challenged my mate to a return contest the following week but this time on who could eat the most pickled onions.

A week later the bar was packed and "Mine Host", normally a tight miserable bar steward, produced a gallon jar of "Brother Bung" pickled onions. It was generally deemed to be a great night but maybe not shared by the two contestants who were decidingly not looking at all well by kicking out time. 🤣

• Haha 2

You have the silence now mate as I reckon Sai and her sister will be thinking..... hey we can make some money here with the locals...… I reckon she will have her 100baht back soon.....555.

Very enterprising Thais.... they will not let a chance go by to win some money.... don't be surprised when you go to get a cracker... they will not be there...555

cheers

• Great Info 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jambo said:

I cannot recall ever seeing it done and I couldn't remember if it was 4 or 6 crackers. 😀

A guy in the dart team I once played in was challenged by a mate of mine for a fiver. They both failed but my mate was deemed to be the winner on total amount consumed but it was very close. The loser then immediately challenged my mate to a return contest the following week but this time on who could eat the most pickled onions.

A week later the bar was packed and "Mine Host", normally a tight miserable bar steward, produced a gallon jar of "Brother Bung" pickled onions. It was generally deemed to be a great night but maybe not shared by the two contestants who were decidingly not looking at all well by kicking out time. 🤣

Seen it done ...again back in the day.

Big fat Paddy labourer -he wasn't told he couldn't drink and eat at the same time ................ few pints of Guinness later job done .... big fella so nobody argued.

I tried it once ........ hate the bloody things when eaten with nice cheese and pickles but on their own ......... no way.

Worst one I ever saw was a Scotch egg challenge ....... with mustard as the only liquid. :default_cutting-sausage::default_bad:

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/4/2020 at 8:40 AM, Jambo said:

Jacobs Crackers.jpg

"Are they buttered?"

"No." says I

"Fine with me."

3 - 2 -1

GO!

For a while. 🤣

Danny, try her with the cinnamon challenge next time. I've done it and spat a massive cloud of it out.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, nampla69 said:

Never heard of the Cinnamon challenge before priceless. Now that we can openly talk about Goats ...here's one for MO from India:

Goats are to be cherished, specially the cute ones. 🤣

• Haha 1

Those were funny 🤣

A different eating challenge, there is the slip of a girl who is a ‘competition eater’ the amount and speed she puts away is unreal. This one isn’t in any the way largest amount I’ve seen her eat, but it puts it into perspective as it’s against Eddie Hall.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sangsom said:

Those were funny 🤣

A different eating challenge, there is the slip of a girl who is a ‘competition eater’ the amount and speed she puts away is unreal. This one isn’t in any the way largest amount I’ve seen her eat, but it puts it into perspective as it’s against Eddie Hall.

OMG, I have never seen anything like that.

She is pretty fit too!

• Thumbs Up 1