VISA AMNESTY TO END

tommy dee

1 hour ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

I am not sure why guys are worried ... jeez, they don't even live here ...

There is a booth at Swampy that says Overstays ( International ) ... just pay the perfunctory fine and be on your way

I am not trying to argue with you .. but, I think it is not a big deal ... it is certainly not Immigration's like you encounter in Israel

Murchie is a mate who's been stuck in Thailand due to Covid and I would hate to see him miss his flight back to work in Kuwait and consequently miss out on a big wad of cash because he got caught on overstay which could have been prevented with a small bit of cash.

Your mai pen rai attitude is all good as long as nothing goes wrong but there's no harm in calling out the risks, and less of the "you don't even live here" attitude please.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

if they raised the price to 500K baht more people would take it more seriously

Indo immigration recently raised their overstay fine from ridiculously low to 1 Million IDR/day.  That's 2.200 Thb ......

And deportation / ban is a very frequent occurence. 

38 minutes ago, Esco said:

Murchie is a mate who's been stuck in Thailand due to Covid and I would hate to see him miss his flight back to work in Kuwait and consequently miss out on a big wad of cash because he got caught on overstay which could have been prevented with a small bit of cash.

Your mai pen rai attitude is all good as long as nothing goes wrong but there's no harm in calling out the risks, and less of the "you don't even live here" attitude please.  

Just calling a spade a spade ... no harm ..

If Murchie needs cash .. I will give him what he needs to get to his job .. but, for sure if he has a problem with his Visa I have friends that can make that disappear

I don't have friends that are able to get him to Kuwait ...

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Indo immigration recently raised their overstay fine from ridiculously low to 1 Million IDR/day.  That's 2.200 Thb ......

And deportation / ban is a very frequent occurence. 

Any limit on the daily fine for number of days / months ? ... I know Thai is currently 30 days ( which is 15K baht -- but, they will charge you 20K )  .. that is the maximum ...

3 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Any limit on the daily fine for number of days / months ? ... I know Thai is currently 30 days ( which is 15K baht -- but, they will charge you 20K )  .. that is the maximum ...

Not very clear, but from te rules I would say 60 days.

After that it becomes a very serious matter..

https://www.expat.or.id/info/overstayingyourvisa.html

' I wouldn't want to get caught outside of the airport in violation of my visa in these circumstances"

Anyone who lives here would know that turning up at the airport with a short overstay, not enough to get you banned, IS not such a big deal. However, they would also know that if you, say, had an accident or where stopped by the BIB it could cause big problems. Detention at the IDC and deportation is a possibility

• Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, biggles said:

' I wouldn't want to get caught outside of the airport in violation of my visa in these circumstances"

Anyone who lives here would know that turning up at the airport with a short overstay, not enough to get you banned, IS not such a big deal. However, they would also know that if you, say, had an accident or where stopped by the BIB it could cause big problems. Detention at the IDC and deportation is a possibility

Which is exactly the point I was making. 

Edited by Esco

12 minutes ago, Esco said:

Not only is it an uncomfortable experience, being arrested while on overstay could result in being banned from entering again, if taken to prosecution.

image.png

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, KWA said:

Not only is it an uncomfortable experience, being arrested while on overstay could result in being banned from entering again, if taken to prosecution.

image.png

No worries Code will get you out. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

True story 

A Norwegian guy on 3 days overstay gets stopped on his way from Korat to Swampy, he was in a taxi and it was just a regular bib roadside check. 

At this stage it's fair to say the guy is a gobshite at the best of times, I am guessing his attitude would have been combative....

Bottom line is he spent 48 hours in the immigration holding tank somewhere in Bangkok (it wasn't Swampy), had to pay for a new flight home and said he paid a 50k fine. That was in March 2018 and he hasn't been back to Thailand since. 

Sure it's easy and not that expensive to pay for overstay at the airport but shit happens. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Surprised 1

3 hours ago, biggles said:

No .. at least not with my experiences -- and I have had more encounters with the BIB here than anyone posting their fear mongering bullshit on this thread ,,,,

I have been hassled in Chantaburi with Beach Gal driving to Koi Chang ,.. the f**k BIB told me in his bullshit English he would take me to jail ( like jail scares me ) .. big fucking deal ..  I told him .. I have been in jail before .. and I also told him .. that is all you got ...

Beach Gal gets on the phone with her Uncle who is a Colonel or a General with the police in Pak Bara .. ( a huge fishing port ) end of story  .. What a look on this coppers face -- it was priceless

I don't like coppers -- Beach gal knows this .. so she keeps her Uncle kinda away from me ( yes -- he did me a favor - and I have thanked him )

I have been busted on Ramkhamhaeng Soi 55 .... I have been hassled in Ploenchit .. also in On Nut ... never mind .. pay a couple of bucks .. I have always walked away .. oh .. another time I got busted and 3 immigration officers that took me to the Satorn Immigration police department .. big deal .. I paid a couple of bucks and went my own way ..

All of this fear on this thread of overstaying is bullshit .. grow a fu*king pair .. walk strong and be a man ...  shit happens .. never mind

You gotta stand up for yourself .. right or wrong ..

Just relax and get on down the road

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Esco said:

Is that not what Saints got jailed for, overstay?

Well, when i say jail,. it was the IDC which is meant to be worse?

I know his Thai missus grassed/set him up, but that was the actual reason he was detained in a shitehole, yea?

Probably still be there as well, he we hadn't all chipped in, raised the money and got him out. 

58 minutes ago, Krapow said:

I know his Thai missus grassed/set him up, but that was the actual reason he was detained in a shitehole, yea?

Probably still be there as well, he we hadn't all chipped in, raised the money and got him out. 

Saints had overstayed for a lot longer than 8 days, a helluva lot longer. 

12 hours ago, Esco said:

No worries Code will get you out. 

Yes.. If I can help someone I will .. I have got many years here under my belt ... not a pussy !

I believe that helping as many people as you can ( within reason ) -- may get me a free card to heaven  ( if there is one ) ..

8 hours ago, Krapow said:

Good on you and your friends that helped .... but, I don't understand what is such a big deal he got himself into ... I have gotten myself into some shit here .. but never where I spent more than a couple of days .. good attorneys and baht .. baht speaks very loud here

I am really not sure why I have always gotten in so much shit .. some f**king serious shit .. but, now I have Beach gal and Ziggy .. so I am committed .. no more shit .. but, if it comes .. then it comes .. I will handle it ...

A good couple of tunes ,, take a listen ...

6 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

I am really not sure why I have always gotten in so much shit .. some f**king serious shit ..

Reading some of your posts on here I dont think anyone would be puzzled st why that might be the case. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, Krapow said:

12 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Saints had overstayed for a lot longer than 8 days, a helluva lot longer. 

Correct.

Caught on overstay, extended overstay at that, and no funds available to buy himself out if trouble quickly. One you're processed and in the system getting out is possible but much harder and much more expensive. 

• Great Info 2

49 minutes ago, Esco said:

Correct.

Caught on overstay, extended overstay at that, and no funds available to buy himself out if trouble quickly. One you're processed and in the system getting out is possible but much harder and much more expensive. 

Once someone decides to overstay they do so at their own peril. No way would I contribute money to have them released.

40 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

Once someone decides to overstay they do so at their own peril. No way would I contribute money to have them released.

That's certainly true, but I hate to see someone I know in such trouble as in a Thai immigration jail, and if I can help him out with a few quid I will.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, thegrogmonster said:

Understand, and i didn't even know Saints.

I don't know, having been in similar situations i suppose i kinda felt some empathy.

And probably what swung it was Andy (Thinkingallowed) had instigated and was mostly sorting it out, so i knew he must be a good guy if Andy was trying to help him. 

7 hours ago, biggles said:

Reading some of your posts on here I dont think anyone would be puzzled st why that might be the case. 

Just being honest Bro ... puzzled?  Because I don't take any shit from anyone - never snitch on another - that was taught to me from an early age ..  and I also think it was also where I grew up ...

Deep down in me I am an honest and loving man ... I just have a hard time showing it  ,, Beach gal and Ziggy have shown me a lot of serious light in the tunnel ... 

Why do you think " that might be the case?"

A good gal .. a shit load of years together ... she won't give up on me 

IMG_1003.JPG

• Like 1

Foreign Ministry’s deputy spokesman Natapanu Nopakun announced on Friday (July 17) that a third automatic visa extension will be proposed to the Cabinet soon.

The Cabinet had previously decided to grant automatic visa extension for foreigners stranded here to stay until July 31.

He said the Immigration Bureau is preparing to propose a new round of automatic visa extension to the Cabinet and has advised foreigners to keep an eye out for updates.

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30391492?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=internal_referral