Jump to content

Kinda pissed me off


code_slayer_bkk
 Share

Recommended Posts

WTF .. now I am supposed to bring my own bag to big store ( Villa,  Big C, etc. even fucking 7/11 ) ... ok .. I will willingly accept that ... but, it is still a big fucking hassle for me because I always forget a fucking bag ....

So now I bring my own bag to a store ... buy a bunch of shit ... and the check out counter gal doesn't even put my shit in the bag .. WTF .. I come to your store .. buy shit ... and I am supposed to put in the bag myself .. f**k you  ...

I spoke very strong Thai to her and in a instant there were 4 people stuffing my bag ... I "put mak mak" to them ... I told them that is was their duty to take care of a customer ......

It was hard enough for me to accept bringing a fucking bag with me .... let alone fill the fucker up ....

Yea .. I sound loony .. but, that is just me .. I am a fucking customer .. take good care of me

At least Food Land will pack your bags and help you carry to your car ...

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

WTF .. now I am supposed to bring my own bag to big store ( Villa,  Big C, etc. even fucking 7/11 ) ... ok .. I will willingly accept that ... but, it is still a big fucking hassle for me because I always forget a fucking bag ....

So now I bring my own bag to a store ... buy a bunch of shit ... and the check out counter gal doesn't even put my shit in the bag .. WTF .. I come to your store .. buy shit ... and I am supposed to put in the bag myself .. f**k you  ...

I spoke very strong Thai to her and in a instant there were 4 people stuffing my bag ... I "put mak mak" to them ... I told them that is was their duty to take care of a customer ......

It was hard enough for me to accept bringing a fucking bag with me .... let alone fill the fucker up ....

Yea .. I sound loony .. but, that is just me .. I am a fucking customer .. take good care of me

At least Food Land will pack your bags and help you carry to your car ...

I know where you're coming from.  I keep a decent quality plastic bag  from one of the local no-name convenience stores in a side pocket in my shorts.  So far the girls in 7 or Tesco have been happy to pack it.  They aren't happy that they don't have bags either.

On bigger buys they can go fetch my cart, if they put the stuff in a couple bags I would have carried it out.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

So now I bring my own bag to a store ... buy a bunch of shit ... and the check out counter gal doesn't even put my shit in the bag .. WTF .. I come to your store .. buy shit ... and I am supposed to put in the bag myself .. f**k you

There is a good reason for that decesion.

The store does not know where the bag has been or if has been contaminated, so they prefer not to have their employees touch a potentially dangerous item.

  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Mrmango said:

There is a good reason for that decesion.

The store does not know where the bag has been or if has been contaminated, so they prefer not to have their employees touch a potentially dangerous item.

I knew some silly reason would come up soon ....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In Thailand - Big C, Tesco, etc. -- have the best reusable heavy duty plastic bags for cheap. Vietnam, too. Always pick a few up on my SE Asia laps.

I have a few in the trunk of my car and I use them every time I go to the store in (the US). Have some canvas ones that can be washed, too.

Also have some lightweight nylon ones that bunch up small -- keep them in my sling bag for when I'm out w/o the car.

I don't mind bagging my own groceries as I did it as a kid working in a grocery store. Like putting together a puzzle.

IMO, better to not sweat the small stuff these days. To each their own.

Edited by lazarus
  • Thumbs Up 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm glad they stopped giving out bags like that, considering the state of the oceans with them, nevermind anywhere else. 

It also wouldn't cost me a thought if it wasn't packed, actually i prefer to pack my own.

But we're all different, as said above, to each their own ...

  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If they won't sell me a bag of some kind (even a non plastic bag for life type one) then I don't shop there.

I spend plenty of money when I go shopping and buy the most expensive Salmon, Steaks and other imported products week in week out all year around.

No bag, no buy, there's always somewhere else.....

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, joker said:

If they won't sell me a bag of some kind (even a non plastic bag for life type one) then I don't shop there.

I spend plenty of money when I go shopping and buy the most expensive Salmon, Steaks and other imported products week in week out all year around.

No bag, no buy, there's always somewhere else.....

 

Yeah, doesn't make sense for a "bag-less" store not to have bags for sale.

Every store I've shopped at that has a "no bag" policy sells either paper bags or reusable bags. Never been in one that didn't.

The only exception here in the US I know of is Costco...they give you a free box if you want one.

Probably why I have such a big collection of bags... 😉

Edited by lazarus
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't know .. maybe I am over-reacting .... but, I still think it sucks ... and I normally never sweat the small stuff ...

But, this one "sticks in my crawl " ...

I don't mind bringing my own bag ( whenever I remember ) - or buying another one in the store ... and when I do take a bag with me it has not been in a toxic waste dump prior ...

I do think though .. you go anywhere to buy something .. give them your business .. they should at least put the shit in your bag .... jeez, am I asking for to much ( lol )

Just waiting now for robots to be checking you out of a grocery store .. at least you can program them with customer service in mind

 

 

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

they should at least put the shit in your bag ....

When we moved back to France with the ex in 99, this was one of the things she was surprised by "what, I have to put it in the bag myself and carry to the car ?"

The next thing I had to teach her was filling petrol in the car... No station attendants here my dear, it's all self service. And if you want to have your windscreen cleaned, there is the bucket and the sponge...that's self service as well...😆😆😆😁😁

But she got used to it.

9 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Just waiting now for robots to be checking you out of a grocery store .. at least you can program them with customer service in mind

Already plenty shops with self check out, where you scan your items yourself, handle the payment yourself, and then put your stuff in your bag yourself ...

Hahaha,, I guess you will love that ! 

Munich airport, you weight your luggage, you print the lugage tag, fix it on your luggage, put the luggage on the belt...all yourself. I hated it. Specially as next step is you go to another machine, and print your boarding pass yourself as well...

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

I'm glad the use of resuable bags is spreading, particularly in a part of the world this is one of the worst plastic polluters on the planet. However, staff should still be packing your bag. 

I agree .. I don't have a problem with the reusable bags ... it is good .... my bitch is...  no help in putting the shit in the bag ... which I think that is the least they can do .... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

When we moved back to France with the ex in 99, this was one of the things she was surprised by "what, I have to put it in the bag myself and carry to the car ?"

The next thing I had to teach her was filling petrol in the car... No station attendants here my dear, it's all self service. And if you want to have your windscreen cleaned, there is the bucket and the sponge...that's self service as well...😆😆😆😁😁

But she got used to it.

Already plenty shops with self check out, where you scan your items yourself, handle the payment yourself, and then put your stuff in your bag yourself ...

Hahaha,, I guess you will love that ! 

Munich airport, you weight your luggage, you print the lugage tag, fix it on your luggage, put the luggage on the belt...all yourself. I hated it. Specially as next step is you go to another machine, and print your boarding pass yourself as well...

 

 

Munich .. I remember ... I got jammed up in the airport going through arrivals ... I just came from Amsterdam with some ganja in the inside pocket of my jacket ... they were standing there with a couple of German Shepard's .. busted .. lol  ... I am such a stupid f**k at times .. I totally forgot .... or still pretty stoned .. it was one or another ...

But after a day .. I paid a fine equivalent to 1,000 USD and was free to go ... was trying to get back home to Berlin where I was staying at the time

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd rather not pack away my purchases but if thats what it is then so be it. What pisses me off is the cashier getting impatient waiting for me to pay when i'm still packing away my gear.

I am fully supportive of eradicating single use plastic as i've seen in some of the most exotic diving sites in the world the pollution they cause, its horrific. I always have reusable canvass bags in the car but as others have mentioned ya gotta remember to take them with you lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here in Durango we did away with the plastic bags a few years back due to the environmental issues.... and rightly so. Most stores here have paper bags but it is strongly  encouraged that you bring your own bags from home. And of course they are more than happy to sell you another reusable tote bag to add to your ever expanding collection. But because of the virus the city has temporarily reintroduced the plastic ones. 

Although we do have employees who are there to help bag and even carry your stuff out to your car upon request. it seems that a lot of the time there simply aren't enough of them. So I have no problem jumping right in and bagging my own stuff. I've done it all my life and I don't even give it a second thought. But I do it by choice because the way I see it.... these people work very hard, for not a lot of money,  and usually get nothing but crap from the general public.

As one of those Life Lessons; A few years back, I was in my late 60s and I had a flat tire on my car and was at the side of the road when this young guy who was walking by said " you know you can call Triple A and they will come out an change it for you for free "  Now you notice he didn't offer to help me change it. And I laughed an said " who needs Triple A " But it popped into my head at that moment that it will be a sad day in hell when I can't even change my own friggen tire. I feel the same way about most chores in life, even bagging my own stuff. So that will probably be what kills me, I'll be a 97 year old man who has a heart attack while changing the tire on that old 63 Thunderbird. And I know there will be a lot of satisfaction in that. 5555

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, thumper63 said:

Here in Durango we did away with the plastic bags a few years back due to the environmental issues.... and rightly so. Most stores here have paper bags but it is strongly  encouraged that you bring your own bags from home. And of course they are more than happy to sell you another reusable tote bag to add to your ever expanding collection. But because of the virus the city has temporarily reintroduced the plastic ones. 

Although we do have employees who are there to help bag and even carry your stuff out to your car upon request. it seems that a lot of the time there simply aren't enough of them. So I have no problem jumping right in and bagging my own stuff. I've done it all my life and I don't even give it a second thought. But I do it by choice because the way I see it.... these people work very hard, for not a lot of money,  and usually get nothing but crap from the general public.

As one of those Life Lessons; A few years back, I was in my late 60s and I had a flat tire on my car and was at the side of the road when this young guy who was walking by said " you know you can call Triple A and they will come out an change it for you for free "  Now you notice he didn't offer to help me change it. And I laughed an said " who needs Triple A " But it popped into my head at that moment that it will be a sad day in hell when I can't even change my own friggen tire. I feel the same way about most chores in life, even bagging my own stuff. So that will probably be what kills me, I'll be a 97 year old man who has a heart attack while changing the tire on that old 63 Thunderbird. And I know there will be a lot of satisfaction in that. 5555

Keep rocking Bro .... never give up or take any shit !

 

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

I don't know .. maybe I am over-reacting .... but, I still think it sucks ... and I normally never sweat the small stuff ...

But, this one "sticks in my crawl " ...

I don't mind bringing my own bag ( whenever I remember ) - or buying another one in the store ... and when I do take a bag with me it has not been in a toxic waste dump prior ...

I do think though .. you go anywhere to buy something .. give them your business .. they should at least put the shit in your bag .... jeez, am I asking for to much ( lol )

Just waiting now for robots to be checking you out of a grocery store .. at least you can program them with customer service in mind

 

 

joe,

our supermarkets here would not pack as they ring up items,just swipe and move them on,that lasted about 2/3mths now back to normal.except in the self service lanes they cut down the cash machines from 7 to 2.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

I agree .. I don't have a problem with the reusable bags ... it is good .... my bitch is...  no help in putting the shit in the bag ... which I think that is the least they can do .... 

Customer service is becoming a thing of the past. Its the 'automated era'. They provide the technology for you to be able to do things for yourself, they save on staffing costs, and they believe it makes things easier for the consumer. Now in many instances they are correct, but not in this instance. 

  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've adjusted to it. Pissed me off big time at first though.

I end up carrying my back pack with me almost everywhere. I stuff 2 quality reusable bags in it. 

Now, i look at it as kind of a challenge every time I approach a counter.... whether with a small few items or a big haul at Big C. 

I can see the look on the cashiers face. Knowing they are thinking "oh shit, here comes a crazy drunk falang who doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground". Then almost with Michael Jordan coordination I swing off my backpack, unzip, pull out the 2 bags and tear through the stuff like a master chef at a cooking contest. Before they ring up the tally I have the bags full and the cart on the way back in the rack. I like to freak them and the people waiting in line how its done. I slap that pack back on and grab my bags. Walk out of the place with my head down not looking at anyone, smiling the whole way. Got to have fun with it.

Edited by Glasseye
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/9/2020 at 8:38 AM, thumper63 said:

Here in Durango we did away with the plastic bags a few years back due to the environmental issues.... and rightly so. Most stores here have paper bags but it is strongly  encouraged that you bring your own bags from home. And of course they are more than happy to sell you another reusable tote bag to add to your ever expanding collection. But because of the virus the city has temporarily reintroduced the plastic ones. 

Although we do have employees who are there to help bag and even carry your stuff out to your car upon request. it seems that a lot of the time there simply aren't enough of them. So I have no problem jumping right in and bagging my own stuff. I've done it all my life and I don't even give it a second thought. But I do it by choice because the way I see it.... these people work very hard, for not a lot of money,  and usually get nothing but crap from the general public.

As one of those Life Lessons; A few years back, I was in my late 60s and I had a flat tire on my car and was at the side of the road when this young guy who was walking by said " you know you can call Triple A and they will come out an change it for you for free "  Now you notice he didn't offer to help me change it. And I laughed an said " who needs Triple A " But it popped into my head at that moment that it will be a sad day in hell when I can't even change my own friggen tire. I feel the same way about most chores in life, even bagging my own stuff. So that will probably be what kills me, I'll be a 97 year old man who has a heart attack while changing the tire on that old 63 Thunderbird. And I know there will be a lot of satisfaction in that. 5555

It's because of that activity that will get you to 97 or even older my friend. 

Same same - I hope. I want to squeeze every dime I can out of the State of Illinois. The longer I live the greater my investment return.

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...