You Tube (Threads Merged)

Anwar Sadat

10 hours ago, Horizondave said:

From that video, you can see the coast guard plane clearly turn on to the active runway. It either had authority to line up and was awaiting clearance to roll or turned on to the runway to lineup without clearance in error. Speculation of actual facts, of course, but very sad as to the outcome.

The small amount of info. that I have heard is that everyone got off the plane.

Of course more info. will be forthcoming in time. But, a couple thoughts came to mind.

The short report I heard was that the P.A. system on the plane failed. The crew used a megaphone to instruct the passengers on what to do. I mention this because I am actually impressed that JAL had a back up system (the megaphone), and that the staff were competent enough to follow protocol. This suggests that they were well trained.

The second thing that came to mind. Everybody listened, followed the crews instructions (didn't grab for their stuff in the overheads, etc.). As result all got off the plane.

I'm guessing that the majority of the passengers were Japanese. If a similar type incident occurred say in Little Rock Ark. (or somewhere like that) half the people probably would have been incinerated.

Edited by Glasseye

Bomb threats. Hated them. Always created massive headaches and resource issues. 

Also following highly publicized anthrax poisoning incidents. Would get calls of suspicious powder. 

Once got a call of suspicious powder in a classroom. It was fcuking chalk dust. Got one for talcum powder on the floor in a bathroom. 

Some of the idiots that call what they thought was suspicious were idiots. The people who make the call threats are cnuts. 

Combine the two = nothing but major fcuking headaches.

----------

The manner which "the media" reports these types of things adds tremendously to the overall public anxiety.

Example - They headline this report as "A deadly serious pattern". No fcuksticks it's not deadly. Nobody died.

Somebody posted ages ago and in a different thread

I recall a long time ago a university in the UK published research on whether tea tasted better if made with water immediately off the boil or water allowed to cool for a short while. 

The research was criticised for being a waste of funds. The university's response was that it was teaching the students the principles of research. 

Well possibly here's the answer. And yes, water temperature does make a difference.

3 hours ago, fygjam said:

Somebody posted ages ago and in a different thread

Well possibly here's the answer. And yes, water temperature does make a difference.

My eyes are rolling into the back of my head.

Pretty much similar to wine. I am no connoisseure, that's for dang sure. 

Sure, I like a variety and trying different flavors, etc. But, I also like simplisitically. A basic pot of standard good ol black tea does the trick for me. Every morning.

For those who are into the above - more power to them, whatever floats their boat. Same for the winos, if you are into it then go for it. But making a 28 minute video on it ?   FFS

1 hour ago, Glasseye said:

Courthouse Blues....

Hope he gets jailhouse justice served to him. Ironic the sentence hearing was for an attempted battery charge. The next charge he'll be facing won't have the word "attempted" in it.

20 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Hope he gets jailhouse justice served to him. Ironic the sentence hearing was for an attempted battery charge. The next charge he'll be facing won't have the word "attempted" in it.

They will consider him a hero. And the guards won't give a shit about him unless he causes them problems. If he is that stupid, which he very well could be, then the guards will have someone fcuk him up real good.

I haven't looked it up. But physically attacking a judge (or any member of the court) with intent to cause bodily harm or death is very serious. And whoever is involved in working the case won't have to do squat. It's all there on the video. One key factor that will be considered is the degree of her injuries. And the cost for a new pair of pantyhose and a robe, because no doubt she shit herself.

Your honor, may I have a moment ?  NO !

My guess is he just bought himself another 10 + years in the joint making toilet wine and playing with his nutsack.

12 hours ago, Glasseye said:

The small amount of info. that I have heard is that everyone got off the plane.

Of course more info. will be forthcoming in time. But, a couple thoughts came to mind.

The short report I heard was that the P.A. system on the plane failed. The crew used a megaphone to instruct the passengers on what to do. I mention this because I am actually impressed that JAL had a back up system (the megaphone), and that the staff were competent enough to follow protocol. This suggests that they were well trained.

The second thing that came to mind. Everybody listened, followed the crews instructions (didn't grab for their stuff in the overheads, etc.). As result all got off the plane.

I'm guessing that the majority of the passengers were Japanese. If a similar type incident occurred say in Little Rock Ark. (or somewhere like that) half the people probably would have been incinerated.

Airlines, must have megaphones on their planes, in case of an emergency where the use of them is beneficial to direct passengers in emergency situations and/or in case of breakdown of other communicating systems. It is just part of the many items of emergency and medical equipment that aircraft must carry as required by aviation law.

I did see a video of some passengers, who had evacuated from the JAL plane, who were fully dressed in coats, many with their hand baggage. Now, it is likely that, due the short flight, many would not have taken off outer clothing. The fact that some had hand luggage does make me think it was quite an orderly evacuation, that did see many have time to reach up and take their hand luggage, despite the fact that they should have been instructed not to take any items. I suppose that bit could be down to human nature but thankfully everybody got off.

51 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Airlines, must have megaphones on their planes, in case of an emergency where the use of them is beneficial to direct passengers in emergency situations and/or in case of breakdown of other communicating systems. It is just part of the many items of emergency and medical equipment that aircraft must carry as required by aviation law.

I did see a video of some passengers, who had evacuated from the JAL plane, who were fully dressed in coats, many with their hand baggage. Now, it is likely that, due the short flight, many would not have taken off outer clothing. The fact that some had hand luggage does make me think it was quite an orderly evacuation, that did see many have time to reach up and take their hand luggage, despite the fact that they should have been instructed not to take any items. I suppose that bit could be down to human nature but thankfully everybody got off.

I only saw the one partial follow up report. So, beyond what was mentioned in that report I do not know.

As far as the megaphone. It makes sense that having one and knowing what to do under such circumstances would be a requirement, along with regular testing, certifcation, etc. 

I am glad it appears to have worked in this case. It also appears that all were able to exit the plane without serious injury. I'm thankful for that.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

I only saw the one partial follow up report. So, beyond what was mentioned in that report I do not know.

As far as the megaphone. It makes sense that having one and knowing what to do under such circumstances would be a requirement, along with regular testing, certifcation, etc. 

I am glad it appears to have worked in this case. It also appears that all were able to exit the plane without serious injury. I'm thankful for that.

Here's a good graphic of what's carried on board to deal with emergencies. Couldn't find one for the Airbus, A350-900 that crashed, but it's a reasonable assumption the equipment is the same.
SEE-B733.jpg

https://www.avsoft.com/product/boeing-b737-300-emergency-equipment-locations/

2 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Here's a good graphic of what's carried on board to deal with emergencies. Couldn't find one for the Airbus, A350-900 that crashed, but it's a reasonable assumption the equipment is the same.
SEE-B733.jpg

https://www.avsoft.com/product/boeing-b737-300-emergency-equipment-locations/

Yes, on large commercial aircraft, there is a need for 2 megaphones, which makes sense to ensure commands are heard by all.

Haven't looked at A380s, but one might assume that 4 megaphones are needed,

Thankfully, very little of the required equipment is ever needed, and I am sure many of us avoid listening to what the crew have to say, but every once in a million flights the crew need to know what equipment they have on board, and more importantly how to use it.

The JAL crew did their job to perfection and many lives are grateful for that.

17 hours ago, thunder367 said:

I watched this last night, very enjoyable and informative.

Props to Emirates Airlines for keeping the A380 going on until 2040 or whenever it was that Sam said they were intending to use it.

However, am I the only person as bit disappointed at the First Class "suite"?. looks a bit small to me, especially if I'm paying that kind of money. Not that I'll ever be able to travel First class anyway.