Introduce yourself to the Forum

13 hours ago, Memurtle said:

Hi, Member of Pattaya/Bangkok/Phil addicts. Thought I’d check this forum out! Been to Thailand many many times

Yep and hello to a member of our Sister forum. We're the more chilled out area of the Thailand forums, and always welcome guys who like to share their experiences with us.

13 hours ago, Tatanka said:

Hi, new here, but not new to Thailand and other forums. Close to 60 year old and planning a future in Thailand once I retire.

Hey, hi and welcome to the forum. always interested to hear your plans. It can serve as good info to future members hoping to retire and we'd be interested to hear your journey and experiences.

10 hours ago, Mikle keene said:

Hello everyone 

Hi, please share your experience and thoughts on Thailand and Pattaya with us. We're a welcoming bunch of fellas and always happy to hear of what our friends get up to in Pattaya and Thailand.

9 hours ago, Penhp said:

hi i,ve been to thailand over 10 years . first time on this platform hello

Yo , hope you're well, 10 years is a looong time in Thailand. We would be happy to hear of your thoughts and experiences during that time, stuff like where you prefer in Thailand, things you like to do etc.

Do you prefer Pattaya or Bangkok?.

• Like 1

On 11/14/2023 at 1:40 AM, John Byrne said:

Greetings all

Have been traveling to Thailand for over 20 years before retiring here almost 5 years ago. Simply looking for tips and general information. Good luck. John

Hi John

After 30 years visiting and 5 years in country mate, I think you'll be giving us some good tips!! 

welcome to the forum, whack up a post or two about how you find life in Thailand these days  🙂

Edited by Butch
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Cleator said:

Hi,

I have lived in Pattaya for 16 years. The last forum that I joined had a few trouble makers whom the Mods allowed to insult other members; consequently, I left for good. I just want to be able to interact without dealing with troublemakers.

Cheers.

Hi @Cleator and welcome to the forum. 🤗

There’s no trouble makers on here so you’ll really enjoy yourself here without any problems. 
Glad you could join us, have fun. 🤗👍

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Cleator said:

The last forum that I joined had a few trouble makers whom the Mods allowed to insult other members; consequently, I left for good.

Would that forum happen to have any connection with a bar in LK Metro by any chance? 

🙂

1 hour ago, Bazle said:

Would that forum happen to have any connection with a bar in LK Metro by any chance? 

🙂

Put it this way, it is not Petal's forum, or the former Thai visa, but it is just as well known. I was a member since 2008.

Their amount of posts has dwindled to a trickle....But I won't get into specifics.

Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/18/2023 at 2:25 AM, Wimpy said:

Hi all. Living in Northern Thailand more than 20 years.

Hiya

Be interested to hear how life is up north and how you've found the last 20 years mate. A challenge or a pleasure or a mixture of both 🙂 ?

17 hours ago, Cleator said:

Hi,

I have lived in Pattaya for 16 years. The last forum that I joined had a few trouble makers whom the Mods allowed to insult other members; consequently, I left for good. I just want to be able to interact without dealing with troublemakers.

Cheers.

Hi @Cleator We've spoken on another thread but always nice to say "Hi" officially. This forum is really well moderated, I've been on the pattaya forums since 97 and it's by far the most chilled and relaxed.

12 hours ago, newnative said:

Hi. Spouse and I have been in Thailand aince 2010.  We live in Pattaya.

Hiya, that's a fair while to be in funtown mate!. Be interested to hear any stories or how you've managed to keep your sanity this long lol, (Wife might have something to do with it I suspect 🙂  )

11 hours ago, Mr Pancake said:

Hi there,

Mr Pancake here.

Ex-AN.

Got bored with the forum and its dumb moderation team.

Found Thailand 247 via Google.

Just here to check out the vib.

Thx 🙂

Hi It's a great vibe here mate. Interesting, fun and also relaxed and respectful and I think we're mostly an older crowd here as well. As I said, moderation here is really laid back.

Edited by Butch
  • Like 4
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Butch said:

Hiya

Be interested to hear how life is up north and how you've found the last 20 years mate. A challenge or a pleasure or a mixture of both 🙂 ?

Hi @Cleator We've spoken on another thread but always nice to say "Hi" officially. This forum is really well moderated, I've been on the pattaya forums since 97 and it's by far the most chilled and relaxed.

Hiya, that's a fair while to be in funtown mate!. Be interested to hear any stories or how you've managed to keep your sanity this long lol, (Wife might have something to do with it I suspect 🙂  )

Hi It's a great vibe here mate. Interesting, fun and also relaxed and respectful and I think we're mostly an older crowd here as well. As I said, moderation here is really laid back.

Cheers

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jobe said:

Hi a newbie here. I have lived in Thailand for 6.5 years. One year in Bangkok, 3.5 years in Khon Kaen and the remainder in my own house with my Thai lady in Si Bun Rueang Nong Bua Lamphu Province.

Hi and Welcome to the forum.

On 11/23/2023 at 12:35 PM, Jobe said:

Hi a newbie here. I have lived in Thailand for 6.5 years. One year in Bangkok, 3.5 years in Khon Kaen and the remainder in my own house with my Thai lady in Si Bun Rueang Nong Bua Lamphu Province.

Welcome!

When I was born in '56, my uncles (All Dorset farmers) wanted to name me Jobe Eli ..... Thankfully they didn't ...... but please don't take that personally ...Jobe !!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Welcome!

When I was born in '56, my uncles (All Dorset farmers) wanted to name me Jobe Eli ..... Thankfully they didn't ...... but please don't take that personally ...Jobe !!!

Not taken personally Derek my names actually John. I’ve used the moniker Jobe because it’s my favorite character in a superb TV series called Banshee. If you haven’t watched it ( 4 seasons I would recommend).

• Thumbs Up 4

13 hours ago, Jobe said:

Not taken personally Derek my names actually John. I’ve used the moniker Jobe because it’s my favorite character in a superb TV series called Banshee. If you haven’t watched it ( 4 seasons I would recommend).

WTTB. Great series Banshee, with a memorable fight scene.

On 11/24/2023 at 2:30 PM, Jobe said:

Another Banshee fan here!!

Brilliant series. You've tempted me to watch it again now 🙂

• Like 1

On 11/26/2023 at 3:05 AM, Butch said:

Another Banshee fan here!!

Brilliant series. You've tempted me to watch it again now 🙂

It’s been a while since I’ve watched it too Butch so I’m going to revisit. I’m sure you probably know but the character who plays Jobe (Hoon Lee)in Banshee has a good role in Warrior which isn’t a bad series either.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/2/2018 at 6:43 AM, Lanzalad said:

Welcome to the forum.

As a NEW MEMBER you will need to post into this thread/topic before you gain access into the main forum section.

All you need to do is to say hello to all the other members and tell us a little bit about your self.

Untitled.png

Hello! come to Pattaya every year for a month or two. From the USA.