What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Watching Tampa-Rams NFL game, oh my have both teams gone downhill since last year. God bless Daylight Savings Time, went to the mall earlier than usual, got my steps in, then grabbed coffee and groceries. Only thing is I was gone so long, I sacrificed watching Lions-Packers game, it’s a sin… @YesitisdakidI apologize. Anyway, good sales, lots of pork and strip loin steaks visiting my belly this week….

8FD20C78-1E8A-433E-ADAC-0F0F57A1ECAB.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

Just had my holiday vaccinations checked and updated. 

Had Tetanus(with Diptheria, Polio) thrown in for the Trifecta🙂 Hep A, and B are still good for another 5 years, but needed a Typhoid shot.

So 2 injections free of charge, only had a 10 day wait.  Hit the N.H.S (National Health Service) jackpot!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, coxyhog said:

Just watched the first 3 episodes of SAS Rogue Heroes on BBC iPlayer.

From Ben Macintyre's excellent book.

My friends father was a founding member and is portrayed in the series. 

She knew it was in production but was still surprised to get a call from the actor playing her dad a year or so ago. He very politely asked a few questions about her dad's personality etc. 

Haven't seen the program yet myself as I am going to binge watch when I have the time. 

Incidentally my friend and her family are pleased with the show although a few facts have been apparently "toned down" for TV. Sorry - no spoilers 😬

• Like 3

Just back from the mall. Drove today and walked around, 15C here which is great 6 weeks to Xmas, but we had Scottish strength gales, so didn’t feel like walking outside. Apple has bumped up my goal twice from 370 to 440 calories, while I’ve reduced my weight 2%…..so I’m doing forced to do 20% more work daily, but it’s not an issue

Usually take my BP once, today took my time and did 4. Lowest was 135/97, and highest while still sweating after my fast walk, was still lower than some of my resting measurements 3 weeks ago. So no doubt progress is being made, even though 97 diastolic still worries me. 

7E62319D-B896-4298-863D-6855FF8B2F1C.jpeg

Made an appointment few hours ago with school of dentistry victoria hospital in belfast 😬 for wed,tooth broke in thailand,so thats 2 broken tooth or whats left of them and the pain to go with it,told work i need to get them out asap,so another half day on wed into belfast,and its free,did try 2 dentists local near port but they cant even fit their own patients in this week ,that would have cost £240 for 2 to come out,so will give this school a bash.😷

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Just back from the mall. Drove today and walked around, 15C here which is great 6 weeks to Xmas, but we had Scottish strength gales, so didn’t feel like walking outside. Apple has bumped up my goal twice from 370 to 440 calories, while I’ve reduced my weight 2%…..so I’m doing forced to do 20% more work daily, but it’s not an issue

Usually take my BP once, today took my time and did 4. Lowest was 135/97, and highest while still sweating after my fast walk, was still lower than some of my resting measurements 3 weeks ago. So no doubt progress is being made, even though 97 diastolic still worries me. 

7E62319D-B896-4298-863D-6855FF8B2F1C.jpeg

Inspired by your example, I just downloaded one of these tracking apps on my own phone so I can see the figures for one of my overnight security shifts - imagine my surprise when it showed I've already done 5700 steps today and all I've done is drive downtown to my dentist - looking at the time graph, it appears that the phone has been tracking my activity all along but just needed the app to display it because the time graph jives perfectly with my shift from midnight last night and the dentist visit! It even shows how many floors I went up and down last night - a couple of my buildings have multiple floors and I always use the stairs - pretty neat stuff. Looking at yesterday's totals, it shows me doing 10,344 steps for 7.6km, and 21 floors - I'll have to see how tonight's routine compares. At any rate, it's working as I have shed 31 lbs since mid-June. 

On 11/6/2022 at 4:02 PM, boydeste said:

Just played in another tournament in bkk. Made the last 8 again,  then missed a straight long black to lost hill hill. 

Eyes let me down again!

Good fun and 6 hours of constant playing for 500b

You played good mate, but that last game in the final 8s at Sports academy, was a joke! Guess you played at Hustlers on Saturday, right?

That old dude being weighed on Hcp at Sports Academy and getting the 7, that was just stupid...

PS!

"Getting the 7 means that the 7 ball is just like the 9 ball for you and if you make it on a legal shot you win. Without any other conditions the 7 is considered "wild" which means it wins if made on the break or any other legal shot."

7 minutes ago, Pingrones said:

You played good mate, but that last game in the final 8s at Sports academy, was a joke! Guess you played at Hustlers on Saturday, right?

That old dude being weighed on Hcp at Sports Academy and getting the 7, that was just stupid...

PS!

"Getting the 7 means that the 7 ball is just like the 9 ball for you and if you make it on a legal shot you win. Without any other conditions the 7 is considered "wild" which means it wins if made on the break or any other legal shot."

He got the 8 and 9 as money balls. I can only pot the 8 if I call it, otherwise it comes back out, same on the break.

I can only win on the 9, he wins if he pots either.

I had to give him a 3 start too!

Yes, I played in the Huslers Sunday comp. Won 6 matches before loosing Hill, hill to Tong. Missed a long deep screw on the black to clear from the break. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, boydeste said:

He got the 8 and 9 as money balls. I can only pot the 8 if I call it, otherwise it comes back out, same on the break.

I can only win on the 9, he wins if he pots either.

So he basically got the 8... still stupid Hcp, Jeff de Luna gave that Thai guy at Hustlers 5,6, 7 and 8...

Fantastic day today!

Up early for a damn good two hour walk. I seem to be the only person in town wearing a Poppy but no level of "Wokeness" will ever stop me from doing so.

Back home to a quick Chef's Kitchen ham and mushroom pizza (no pineapple) but with added cheese, washed down with a pint of cranberry wine and Sato.

Before falling asleep I bunged a can of Campbell's cream of mushroom soup into the slow cooker with peas, sweetcorn, eryngo and shit ache mushrooms, and sliced gammon. I used the cat's arse to wipe around the rim and put it on Auto..

I've just woken up, had another pint of cranberry wine and Sato and had a bowl of mushroom and cat's arse soup....De-Bloody- Licious !!!

• Thumbs Up 1

About to stream some hockey, just got back from a quick walk. Bloody freezing in MTL today, only a high of 7C, now it’s 3C with a wind chill of zero. Weight dropped again, I’ve really turned a corner in terms of discipline, the old me would have bundled up and stayed in…..

C70EC7F5-62D1-428C-BA81-10362B9A8724.jpeg

98109073-7964-4314-A64F-5531B38DED52.jpeg

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 11/8/2022 at 4:10 PM, Derek Dangleberries said:

Fantastic day today!

Up early for a damn good two hour walk. I seem to be the only person in town wearing a Poppy but no level of "Wokeness" will ever stop me from doing so.

Back home to a quick Chef's Kitchen ham and mushroom pizza (no pineapple) but with added cheese, washed down with a pint of cranberry wine and Sato.

Before falling asleep I bunged a can of Campbell's cream of mushroom soup into the slow cooker with peas, sweetcorn, eryngo and shit ache mushrooms, and sliced gammon. I used the cat's arse to wipe around the rim and put it on Auto..

I've just woken up, had another pint of cranberry wine and Sato and had a bowl of mushroom and cat's arse soup....De-Bloody- Licious !!!

I'd hate to see your stool sample today.    lol

• Haha 1

Trying to find a reasonably cheap QR-code generator online, so I can print out and hand out business cards with my Line ID and WhatsApp number to girls when I am too drunk to remember... should save me from remembering my Thai number; "Here, just scan this QR-code..."

• Thumbs Up 1