What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

9 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I had to look that up...(which proves I read your posts!).. How many had you caught previously ?

At this lake I caught one the day before, but it was only small. The one I lost was over 200lb.

At other lakes I have caught many, with a couple around the 250lb mark.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just finishing up 2 nights here in Bangkok, off to breakfast shortly. Wifey surprise b-day as I am now closer to 70, then 60 LOL! Took me to see Bryan Adams concert. 

40 years of his catalog, was just outstanding. This guy is the real deal!! 

Pics/narrative soon. 

20230317_210107.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 3

Sulking, as just lost another big Arapaima, this time I presented the fish to the guide with the net twice, but he didn't manage to finish the job. Just after the second time it tail walked and the barbless hook fell out.

Oh hum!!!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, boydeste said:

Last day lakeside in Korat and I have a Kingfisher on my carp rod.

Picture will be grainy as on full zoom.

20230319_074247.jpg

For many years I went on an annual fishing holiday based in Bournemouth trying to catch a 10lb Barbel on the Stour/Avon.

For a change we once tried to catch a carp from a lake using a controller float with a dog biscuit floating on the sharp end.

I caught a duck!

It was highly embarrassing flapping about like crazy until it shed the hook.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Jambo said:

For many years I went on an annual fishing holiday based in Bournemouth trying to catch a 10lb Barbel on the Stour/Avon.

For a change we once tried to catch a carp from a lake using a controller float with a dog biscuit floating on the sharp end.

I caught a duck!

It was highly embarrassing flapping about like crazy until it shed the hook.

I have caught all sorts of birds, mallards, tufties, coots, swans, a greebe and even a seagull. Lol

• Haha 1

Despite suffering from Sinusitis I took my daughter to the new Neath Leisure Centre. Only £4.50 for both Kataleya (7) and myself (OAP). Really enjoyed it and got the brownie points with Kataleya for taking her. She had her favourite vegan sausage roll at Greggs after. 

Now watching the footie.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Krapow said:

Going to be taken out by my two girls to my favourite Indian restaurant for my birthday! 

Very nice it was as well.

Chicken Madras, Bhindi Masala, garlic and peswari naan, soft shell crab, poppadoms. 

Even went to the cake shop! 

20230319_184933.jpg

image.jpg

20230319_173101.jpg

20230319_180721.jpg

20230319_172803.jpg

20230319_172714.jpg

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

13 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Very nice it was as well.

Chicken Madras, Bhindi Masala, garlic and peswari naan, soft shell crab, poppadoms. 

Even went to the cake shop! 

20230319_184933.jpg

image.jpg

20230319_173101.jpg

20230319_180721.jpg

20230319_172803.jpg

20230319_172714.jpg

Happy birthday Del mate.

Think you’re missing another 5 in the first picture.

😀

Just woke up after 10 hours sleep in a hotel in Korat. 

4 days fishing really took it out of me. Lack of sleep, drinking and fighting those powerful creatures. 

Now for a wander out to find some scran and see what the surrounding area has to offer.

10 hours ago, galenkia said:

Been shopping in town. Spent £100 on a pair of jeans in Timberland. Love their products, worth every penny.

BD9C01EF-2A7F-4DE5-8BC0-C6531AC0EAFE.jpeg

I think your famous QPR have been wearing them also, considering the last 18 games or so. Nice kex though! 

• Thumbs Up 1