What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Gonna head home shortly, waiting for off peak to start at 9.30am. My mate Rob is in a different hotel so will meet at Waterloo. Need two tubes from Kings Cross.

Hotel was alright, 2 minute walk from the station, and only one tube stop from Islington. Would definitely use it again.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Gonna head home shortly, waiting for off peak to start at 9.30am. My mate Rob is in a different hotel so will meet at Waterloo. Need two tubes from Kings Cross.

Hotel was alright, 2 minute walk from the station, and only one tube stop from Islington. Would definitely use it again.

What hotel did you stay in near KC mate?

16 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Central Hotel in Argyle Street. Cost £110 for the night but it is the location that is expensive.

Thanks, seems a fairly standard price these days,

I often stay in a Premier inn and they are of a similar price.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2023 at 5:31 AM, galenkia said:

Just got back to my hotel by Kings Cross. Brilliant night and all three bands were great.

Arctic Monkeys were playing at the O2 Academy down the road, and I have never seen so many people trying to get in a tube station. Fucking unreal.

Geoff Tate was on top form and one of his daughters joined him on stage for a couple of songs.

IMG_0427.jpeg

IMG_0428.jpeg

IMG_0429.jpeg

IMG_0430.jpeg

IMG_0433.jpeg

IMG_0432.jpeg

IMG_0431.jpeg

Nice pics Alan, are your ears still ringing? LOL!  So these days, for standing room only, are the crowds pretty cool? Not too rowdy per say? 

46 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

Nice pics Alan, are your ears still ringing? LOL!  So these days, for standing room only, are the crowds pretty cool? Not too rowdy per se? 

Older artists like Geoff attract an older audience so it’s pretty chilled out. Most bands I see have been around a long time so it’s an older audience who ain’t got the energy for moshing.😂

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, galenkia said:

Older artists like Geoff attract an older audience so it’s pretty chilled out. Most bands I see have been around a long time so it’s an older audience who ain’t got the energy for moshing.😂

Mosh pits and video games, I missed out on both of them. lol

I guess I was just too busy with other things and at the age where all my friends were going in different directions. 

I did have a very good childhood friend who got into the moshing. He had some pretty good stories. Could handle himself well though as we played a lot of hockey over the years. Banging the crap out of some other sweaty guys never really appealed to me. I was more into the standing off in a corner playing air guitar.

• Like 2

It is nice how a positive can emerge from a negative.

The Negative:

Just saw my TalkMobile bill and noticed a charge for a premium number. Now, I checked the number and it was for 3 calls I made to the Global Visa Centre when needing information about an appointment for my wife's Greek visa application.

The thing is I was charged 21 pence a minute when the GVC notes that I will be charged 6 pence a minute plus my 'normal network charges'.  Phoned TalkMobile and was connected to a Vodafone agent who was really helpful and very explanatory in his replies. He pointed me to a section of 'detailed pricing' and, low and behold, there is a section that says 0871 numbers are 'non geographical' and as such I will be charged 15 pence a minute extra to the call charge. Ok I now understand that I was charged correctly and felt happy that the bill was correct.

The Positive:

Just as an aside I asked him to confirm that TalkMobile now charge roaming charges when I am in Greece in just over a month. I advised the agent that, having been into a Vodafone office a few days ago, I was advised that better to switch to Flight Mode as there are no free call packages for TalkMobile customers. In fact I was advised I would be charged about £2 a week plus extra charges for the calls, texts and data.

My lovely (knowledgeable) agent, advised me this was not true. He confirmed that, as I am a long term customer who was with Talk Mobile prior to March this year, there are no charges for my package minutes, texts and up to 15GBs of my 30GB package. As much as I am unlikely to be using my phone too much (plenty of WIFI in the hotel, bars and restaurants), I now know I will not need to put my phone on Flight Mode or switch off roaming.

I am glad I called Talk Mobile (Vodafone)

• Like 2

On 6/8/2023 at 5:21 PM, forcebwithu said:

I'm bumming because my all time favorite mouse, the Logitech M705 just committed hardware suicide by jumping off my desk. Adding to my sadness is the mouse has been discontinued.

I've ordered the M720 Triathlon, but I have my reservations as to whether my hand will be willing to accept the replacement.

It's also kind of strange they would name a mouse "Triathlon" as I don't expect it to swim, bike or even run, just fit comfortably in my hand and respond quickly to my every demand, like last night's BF. :default_biggrin:

Enjoying my new M705 mouse that finally arrived from China. I was a little concerned when I first opened the shipping package to see no original packaging material, just a lonely mouse sitting inside foam packing, but it looks and functions like a brand new mouse.

I've relegated the M720 to light duty chores on my laptop that handles torrents. While it's almost identical in size, shape and weight compared to the M705, for some reason the designers thought it would be a good idea to add a third button on the thumb side that allows you to toggle between Bluetooth devices. The problem is the other two buttons I use quite a bit to move backwards and forwards on webpages and often times accidently hit the third button which renders the mouse useless until I toggle it back to the correct device.

ku81g3kupmn61.webp

• Thumbs Up 3

On 6/22/2023 at 1:52 PM, Horizondave said:

It is nice how a positive can emerge from a negative.

The Negative:

Just saw my TalkMobile bill and noticed a charge for a premium number. Now, I checked the number and it was for 3 calls I made to the Global Visa Centre when needing information about an appointment for my wife's Greek visa application.

The thing is I was charged 21 pence a minute when the GVC notes that I will be charged 6 pence a minute plus my 'normal network charges'.  Phoned TalkMobile and was connected to a Vodafone agent who was really helpful and very explanatory in his replies. He pointed me to a section of 'detailed pricing' and, low and behold, there is a section that says 0871 numbers are 'non geographical' and as such I will be charged 15 pence a minute extra to the call charge. Ok I now understand that I was charged correctly and felt happy that the bill was correct.

The Positive:

Just as an aside I asked him to confirm that TalkMobile now charge roaming charges when I am in Greece in just over a month. I advised the agent that, having been into a Vodafone office a few days ago, I was advised that better to switch to Flight Mode as there are no free call packages for TalkMobile customers. In fact I was advised I would be charged about £2 a week plus extra charges for the calls, texts and data.

My lovely (knowledgeable) agent, advised me this was not true. He confirmed that, as I am a long term customer who was with Talk Mobile prior to March this year, there are no charges for my package minutes, texts and up to 15GBs of my 30GB package. As much as I am unlikely to be using my phone too much (plenty of WIFI in the hotel, bars and restaurants), I now know I will not need to put my phone on Flight Mode or switch off roaming.

I am glad I called Talk Mobile (Vodafone)

I always read on facebook groups about people going to Turkey or whatever and telling people or put their phone on fight mode. I don't understand what for, as long as you have roaming off, you won't be charged anything.  That's all i ever do, make sure roaming is off as it always is, sorted!

Maybe it's just to make sure :default_dizzy:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

I always read on facebook groups about people going to Turkey or whatever and telling people or put their phone on fight mode. I don't understand what for, as long as you have roaming off, you won't be charged anything.  That's all i ever do, make sure roaming is off as it always is, sorted!

Putting your phone into flight mode and turning on WiFi is the easiest, sure way to make sure you don't get any charges.

Turning off roaming will work but is not always easy to find in the settings. 

3 hours ago, Krapow said:

The guy did say both Flight Mode on or Roaming off, I just forgot to add that bit. I suppose I can disable the Sim or take it out, but as I know I can now use my package for free, it won't be an issue.

I read today that the Turkish Lira is taking a big hit, good time to buy.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1783637/Turkish-economy-lira-currency-interest-rate

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

The guy did say both Flight Mode on or Roaming off, I just forgot to add that bit. I suppose I can disable the Sim or take it out, but as I know I can now use my package for free, it won't be an issue.

I read today that the Turkish Lira is taking a big hit, good time to buy.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1783637/Turkish-economy-lira-currency-interest-rate

Yea, it the rate rise wasn't as much as expected, so markets think Erdogan's mad rate policies still in charge.

I bought £100 earlier, just for pocket money when we arrive. Then change Sterling as we need it, though with All Inclusive, won't be much, just markets, taxis, eating out for a change etc. I don't tend to use my card much there even with it being free, incase it gets cloned or whatever.  

• Like 1