What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Been out to a garden centre today with a couple of mates, I didn't need anything, but they picked me up as I hadn't looked around one for years and they also had pond fish for sale.

It certainly was an eye opener, mainly due to how expensive stuff is these days.

Seeing the fish stock was nice, but the prices were ridiculous. It used to be fairly cheap to stock a pond with a variety of small fish then enjoy growing them on. These days it's going to cost you a few hundred quid for a variety of 2 to 3 inch long fish, some of which will die in the first year anyway.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Surprised 1

6 minutes ago, boydeste said:

It certainly was an eye opener, mainly due to how expensive stuff is these days.

Same where I live.

Crazy how much prices increased the past few years. Definitely makes one reconsider nonessential purchases.

. . .

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Been out to 'Dunelm' in Swansea today to buy a fabric suitcase. It was brand IT, which I have already in a cabin bag. It's served me well over the last few years so happy to buy. Good deal at £60 for a medium large case.

It's being filled up with plenty of new clothes, swimwear and brothel creepers for the holiday, only 4 weeks to Greece.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Been out to 'Dunelm' in Swansea today to buy a fabric suitcase. It was brand IT, which I have already in a cabin bag. It's served me well over the last few years so happy to buy. Good deal at £60 for a medium large case.

It's being filled up with plenty of new clothes, swimwear and brothel creepers for the holiday, only 4 weeks to Greece.

I have used a large IT fabric case originally from Argos for 50 quid for several years now. It has stood the test of time. It has only 2 wheels and apart from the axil they sit on being a bit splayed out having supported 23 to 25kgs every time I use it, all is good.

One of the lightest cases I have ever used.

• Thumbs Up 2

It is around 4am.

Earlier I was fannying about on the phone to my bank in UK and couldn't get back to sleep so I've just cubed some beef brisket and bunged it in the fridge marinating in a Thai red curry paste and worcester sauce mix.

Around 8am I'll stick it in the slow cooker with some veggie and add Patak Madras sauce ... by about 11am I'll be farting in the general direction of @forcebwithu whilst supping on Mont Clair Red and Sato mix..

Life is good over here in the slums !!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

It is around 4am.

Earlier I was fannying about on the phone to my bank in UK and couldn't get back to sleep so I've just cubed some beef brisket and bunged it in the fridge marinating in a Thai red curry paste and worcester sauce mix.

Around 8am I'll stick it in the slow cooker with some veggie and add Patak Madras sauce ... by about 11am I'll be farting in the general direction of @forcebwithu whilst supping on Mont Clair Red and Sato mix..

Life is good over here in the slums !!

Living the dream DD!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, boydeste said:

That's lovely that she has a piggy bank, I have fond memories of mine!

I still have a large whisky bottle for all my change ( it was Scottish hence the spelling) I need to get it emptied... 

Edited by Stillearly

1 minute ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Wouldn't it have been more prudent to empty the whisky bottle before putting the money in ??

I think my dad got it for me from his local when I was 10 or so , been filling it and cashing up ever since , most I got from it was about £600 , was a lot of £1 coins in there .. this one hasn't been emptied for about three years 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/26/2023 at 4:49 AM, boydeste said:

ELTON 

still has it.

I agree he's a very good performer, but I was at one of his shows that was a disaster. Not his fault, he was just playing to the wrong crowd; the Harley Davidson 100th birthday celebration.

The organizers had made a big secret about who would be closing out the week of 100th celebration events. I was in the middle of the crowd waiting to see who would be stepping on to the stage. When Elton made his grand appearance all those around me, myself included yelled out "you got to be fcking kidding". We stayed for about two songs and then joined the mass exodus from concert grounds.

The organizers for the 105th celebration made up for the 100th disaster with Bruce Springsteen has the headline act. That was a concert worth remembering.

Remembering Elton John's surprise Milwaukee concert — where thousands booed and walked out

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

16 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

I agree he's a very good performer, but I was at one of his shows that was a disaster. Not his fault, he was just playing to the wrong crowd; the Harley Davidson 100th birthday celebration.

The organizers had made a big secret about who would be closing out the week of 100th celebration events. I was in the middle of the crowd waiting to see who would be stepping on to the stage. When Elton made his grand appearance all those around me, myself included yelled out "you got to be fcking kidding". We stayed for about two songs and then joined the mass exodus from concert grounds.

The organizers for the 105th celebration made up for the 100th disaster with Bruce Springsteen has the headline act. That was a concert worth remembering.

Remembering Elton John's surprise Milwaukee concert — where thousands booed and walked out

Nice read, did not remember this in Milwaukee at all. I suppose "Motley Crue" or "Metallica" would have been a better choice huh instead of poor old Elton? LOL! 

11 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Good info. My old case that lasted a good 20 years was just made from fabric. Replaced it with a Samonite where I seem to carrrying around several kilos that's just the frame!

Discovered I've got Dunelm 3 miles away,ẃill check it out next week for a lighter case👍

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Searching for car insurance for a new motor which I will get delivered on Thursday. Having just had a car stolen 3 weeks ago I knew I was going to lose my NCB but did not expect that my premiums would treble and to further put the boot in none of the insurers will cover me for theft of the vehicle, CRAZY!!!!

• Sad 2
  • Surprised 1

1 hour ago, Lemondropkid said:

Good info. My old case that lasted a good 20 years was just made from fabric. Replaced it with a Samonite where I seem to carrrying around several kilos that's just the frame!

Discovered I've got Dunelm 3 miles away,ẃill check it out next week for a lighter case👍

Been in the area for 3 years and after seeing an advert for IT suitcases with good prices at Dunelm, I decided I needed to visit. The availability was pretty good, but the suitcase area was quite busy and people were buying, probably because we are nearing the school holidays.

Next door was a large B and M store and they had a small selection but were also selling IT suitcases but only had cabin bag sizes available.

• Thanks 1

Just returned from a walk to the market and back. Roughly 23 minutes there, 15 minutes walking through the market, 23 minutes back.

I don't remember ever being so soaking wet from a walk. I literally could wring out my shirt.

Going through the tedious process of reinstalling Windows 11 on my one month old laptop.

My system has been crashing on a more frequent basis. Not sure if it's some bit of hardware going bad or a corrupted OS file(s). Figure since the new laptop has been ungodly slow booting up I try a clean reinstall first.

Keeping my fingers crossed I don't brick my laptop.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Got my car back from the garage after having a new clutch plate fitted, new gear box oil, 2 new front tires and tracking sorted. Took 5 hours to fix, I recently noticed the clutch slipping so knew I was up for some serious costs.

A lot of money at £666 but laughed at the total being a, somewhat, demonic and chilling figure. Bad timing as I have the Greece holiday coming up in 3 weeks but got to keep the little one safe when she rides in the back.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just decided I may pop into Swansea tomorrow, as it is the Air Wales Airshow. It is free and will have a great display of aircraft, including Spitfire, Lancaster and Red Arrows. I actually could watch it from the ridge I walk as the trig point, on the western edge of the ridge,  has a direct view over Swansea Bay, but as I will be with my daughter (wife at work) it is best we take the bus in. Should be a great day.

Confirmed for 2023 so far;

• RAF Red Arrows – Saturday 5pm and Sunday 12noon
  • Typhoon – Saturday and Sunday
  • Battle of Britain Memorial Flight – Saturday and Sunday
  • Team Raven – Saturday and Sunday
  • Tigers Parachute Display Team – Saturday and Sunday
  • Wildcat Helicopter – Saturday and Sunday
  • AeroSuperBatics Wing walkers – Saturday and Sunday
  • Yak 50 – Saturday and Sunday
  • Jet Pitts G-JPIT – Saturday and Sunday
  • Norwegian Vampire – Saturday and Sunday
  • Republic P-47 Thunderbolt – Saturday and Sunday
  • Harvard G-NWHF and Supermarine Seafire – Saturday
  • Fairey Swordfish and Westland Wasp – Sunday
  • Strikemasters – Saturday and Sunday

When I was up the ridge on Thursday, the Spitfire was doing a few turns over Swansea Bay.

The link below shows the Red Arrows schedule and has some interesting information about where to see the display route etc., on 01/02 July. Anybody in Devon and Somerset might also get the chance of a view, have a look at the route map for 01 July, their display will be in Teignmouth as well.

https://www.military-airshows.co.uk/press23/redarrowsschedule2023.htm

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2