What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

This couple had just been in the Statbucks we normally use most nights for a wee dessert, coffee, and great aircon.

Anyways, whilst they were in here they took a selfie, I kid you not!

Is it just me 🤔

20230729_202105.jpg

• Haha 2

Stopped off for a night in Boulongne Sur Mer on the way home from fishing. Found or more appropriate heard a street rock band giving it some, decided to eat at a restaurant near them. Turns out they are very good.

Currently playing Pink Floyd brick in the wall.

20230729_212528.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Up 1

Went in last night for my latest security shifts and found that I had to fill in for the first responder again like last Friday night, only it was one of the most uneventful nights I have spent on this job yet - twelve hours with not one alarm call or maintenance issue or anything we normally deal with; what a contrast to a week ago when it was complete pandemonium.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Horrendous shit storm kicking up. I haven't seen action like this in a LONG time. Trees bending radically. Quite a sight but I am having to close the curtains for safety.

This one is big time.

Stay safe mate.

On 7/27/2023 at 3:07 PM, boydeste said:

That pretty much sums it up.

Short term mod watch is a useful tool to allow mods to communicate with the offender to confirm he accepts the error of his ways. Rather than a ban.

Long term mod watch serves little or no purpose at all and just creates work for the mods. 

Hopefully our good mod team have been chatting to DD and things can be back to normal ASAP.

I too miss his contribution. 

Not sure what DD has done, must be something I missed. Hope he doesn’t leave the forum, enjoy his posts.

we need regular posters like him, forums grow on regular posts.

Miss our crazy French friend and the mad American plastic fork lunatic.😀

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 4

Just arrived home from the long journey from Central France, driving through Dartford in the traffic and torrential rain was horrendous, but these thing are all part of the adventure.

Very tired, but pleased to be home safely.

Dropped my mate off and emptied out all of his gear, then took out all of my expensive stuff at mine, the rest can get sorted tomorrow when I am not so knackered.

Showered up and just opened a nice bottle of red, lets see how long it is before I fall asleep in the chair.

Time to catch up on the recordings this week.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

6 hours ago, galenkia said:

Not sure what DD has done, must be something I missed. Hope he doesn’t leave the forum, enjoy his posts.

we need regular posters like him, forums grow on regular posts.

Miss our crazy French friend and the mad American plastic fork lunatic.😀

Agreed, and not to forget Ivan the Terrible.

• Thumbs Up 2

13 hours ago, boydeste said:

On the Eurotunnel home.

@Glasseye

Remembered to take pics of my van loaded for you.

Two front side doors and from the back.

Rammed with gear. Even in the front, excess bags and duty free.

20230729_144316.jpg

20230729_120639.jpg

20230729_120647.jpg

20230730_134940.jpg

Jeez, looks like you have everything but the kitchen sink in there - maybe you need a bigger van?

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, maipenrai said:

Jeez, looks like you have everything but the kitchen sink in there - maybe you need a bigger van?

We do take a lot of stuff, but need to be prepared for all eventualities. 

I was going to buy the next size up. but the height of 1.85 meters is a cut off point where you pay extra to go onto the train or ferry and also underground car parking usually has same height restrictions.

• Thumbs Up 1

Had a good nights sleep and have spent most of the day so far sorting out a few things on the net. There always seems to be something to sort out/pay having been away for a week or so.

Being entertained at the same time watching the F1 recorded from the last couple of weekends.

Looks to be carp weather all week too which is depressing having suffered torrential rain all last week in France.

• Like 1

On 7/29/2023 at 8:30 PM, AJSP said:

A few from Poole today. A few members will recognise the area. A pleasant cruise around the coastline to Sandbsnks

IMG_9741.jpeg

IMG_9742.jpeg

IMG_9743.jpeg

IMG_9744.jpeg

IMG_9745.jpeg

IMG_9746.jpeg

IMG_9748.jpeg

IMG_9749.jpeg

IMG_9750.jpeg

IMG_9751.jpeg

IMG_9754.jpeg

IMG_9755.jpeg

IMG_9762.jpeg

IMG_9763.jpeg

IMG_9767.jpeg

IMG_9771.jpeg

IMG_9772.jpeg

IMG_9773.jpeg

IMG_9774.jpeg

IMG_9776.jpeg

IMG_9777.jpeg

IMG_9779.jpeg

IMG_9780.jpeg

IMG_9781.jpeg

Poole is a lovely place,spent many times there in the past. Last trip was the last May bank holiday, took my sister Jan there. She has had many a trip there both with me and her ex husband.

Sadly it will be her last trip away due to her illness. But I’m happy her last trip was there, a place she loved so much.

• Like 4

Just back from my first walk for over a week, took it easy and did 2.5 miles.

Surprising how quickly I get out of condition, although no problem with the walk, I am showered up and my legs and feet know that I have done it. 

Now it's a night in front of the Box catching up with TV.

Off the booze again mid week so hopefully my liver will thank me for it.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

Got up a couple of hours ago after working my last night shift for a few days - having a leisurely brunch and planning to make preparations to bring home a new refrigerator I ordered a while ago, when the rain, lightning and thunder started up - oh well, tomorrow's another day...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2