What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

The above posts remind me of a trip a while ago where i had to kinda 'lay down the law' to my wife about such things as taking stuff through airports for anyone.

She was getting a small parcel dropped off at our King Power hotel before flying back to the UK a few days later. It was for a Thai friend in the UK, some herbs or something apparently. I told her no, contact the girl, tell her your husband doesn't allow you to take anything  through airports for anyone at anytime. She was like why, she can be naïve about such things. 

I told her although she knew and worked with the girl, she didn't know what was in the parcel, maybe the girl didn't either. It could be drugs at worst, or prohibited herbs at best. But no matter, she wasn't taking it anyway, full stop!

She was a bit sad, she's such a kind girl, didn't want to upset her work mate. But i tried to explain it to her like we don't take a chance ever, imagine it was something like drugs, it would jail, our daughter without a mummy, or probably a Daddy, as push come to shove, i'd have taken the wrap instead of her anyway. 

I said just tell them your husband said no, never. Nothing personal, but made her promise to never ever take anything through an airport for anyone else. She gets it now.

That said i seen her leave our suitcases to go to the toilet in an airport after that, and had to lay down the law again.

Maybe it's because in a previous life i've walked through customs with stuff in my suitcase that would've got me 15 years. But she's clued up now, though sob stories like the one that would probably be spun above would have her feeling guilty and wanting to help, which is exactly what gets played on to do such things.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 3

35 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Fair point, and I can understand in a different scenario I might have been more amenable.

But he was a conman.

He'd made a semi effort putting a shirt and trousers aside from the red flags I'd mentioned above, his shoes were absolutely filthy.

Mud caked around them.

About my only lucid moment of the day mind you. Dropped my guard after that and did multiple daft things!!

Bloody ell mate, going to PP has never been so f***d up. Lol

BTW, I would have f***d the guy off instantly too!

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

Bloody ell mate, going to PP has never been so f***d up. Lol

BTW, I would have f***d the guy off instantly too!

The fact he was Indian is enough IMO. Call it racial profiling, but if it's good enough for the Police then it's good enough for me. I've not yet met and Indian guy who doesn't have an angle on making money from me, somehow. I spent 2 years in Bombay (on and off) and trust me, they are all cunts and it is a shithole.

(although the Gujarati college girls going LT for $60 in the late 90's was indeed the bargain of the century, however they do tend to suffer from early morning halitosis)

Edited by Butch
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Krapow said:

The above posts remind me of a trip a while ago where i had to kinda 'lay down the law' to my wife about such things as taking stuff through airports for anyone.

She was getting a small parcel dropped off at our King Power hotel before flying back to the UK a few days later. It was for a Thai friend in the UK, some herbs or something apparently. I told her no, contact the girl, tell her your husband doesn't allow you to take anything  through airports for anyone at anytime. She was like why, she can be naïve about such things. 

I told her although she knew and worked with the girl, she didn't know what was in the parcel, maybe the girl didn't either. It could be drugs at worst, or prohibited herbs at best. But no matter, she wasn't taking it anyway, full stop!

She was a bit sad, she's such a kind girl, didn't want to upset her work mate. But i tried to explain it to her like we don't take a chance ever, imagine it was something like drugs, it would jail, our daughter without a mummy, or probably a Daddy, as push come to shove, i'd have taken the wrap instead of her anyway. 

I said just tell them your husband said no, never. Nothing personal, but made her promise to never ever take anything through an airport for anyone else. She gets it now.

That said i seen her leave our suitcases to go to the toilet in an airport after that, and had to lay down the law again.

Maybe it's because in a previous life i've walked through customs with stuff in my suitcase that would've got me 15 years. But she's clued up now, though sob stories like the one that would probably be spun above would have her feeling guilty and wanting to help, which is exactly what gets played on to do such things.

80  % of the time I just "suck it up" or maybe have a little grumble about it.

But, your example above is spot on. Sometimes you have to put your foot down hard with em. And you know when you do you are going to get the typical push back. Some lines you just can't allow to be crossed.

The almost certain fallout from the come back, the pouting, and even worse at times is never enjoyable. If they don't come down to reality within a reasonable amount of time, they are out the door along with the "no return" notice. 

I have only found one over all these years that can still accept rationality over the long run. And I am about to go visit her for a few days. Looking forward to it. 

I just hope I don't run into that Indian cnut while enroute.

Just tried out my new 1,445B deli slicer (link). I'm quite pleased with the results. Even though the instructions state "Fresh meat should be at 3-4° for best results", I just tried it on a frozen solid hunk of pork and it worked fine cutting off 3mm thick slices. The thickness is adjustable from 1 - 15mm. Two👍's up from me.

image.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Just tried out my new 1,445B deli slicer (link). I'm quite pleased with the results. Even though the instructions state "Fresh meat should be at 3-4° for best results", I just tried it on a frozen solid hunk of pork and it worked fine cutting off 3mm thick slices. The thickness is adjustable from 1 - 15mm. Two👍's up from me.

image.jpeg

Keep it well away from me mate....That is just a newer version of the one that took away my fingerprints in the 70s !!!

6 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Keep it well away from me mate....That is just a newer version of the one that took away my fingerprints in the 70s !!!

I gave my lady strict instructions that she is to never let her hand stray past the safety guard while the slicer is running.

I think one good difference between the consumer and commercial versions of the fingerprint removal device is the blade rotates at a much lower rpm and isn't the thin, razor sharp type found on commercial slicers.

Suspect the most that would happen with our slicer is it would knaw a bit at your fingers, but you'd be able to pull your fingers back fast enough the damage would be minimal.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Fuckin' 'ell !!!!

I have had a lovely Xmas here in the slums and am looking forward to a HiSo NYE at the Bayview.... but then along comes an asshole to shit in your festive porridge!

I have just been tasked with collecting Temple donation envelopes but it is apparent that another neighbour has already collected them ... The same neighbour that has been round the back gambling all night!!!

Khun Arthur Fowler methinks !!!!!

• Sad 2
  • Surprised 1

9 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Popular band here in the Food market.

Thais going crazy. 

20231230_232527.jpg

That has got to be a really popular band, not seen it like that except on rare occasions when I lived there. 

Usually a sponsored night where only Chang or Leo can be sold. I have seen times when Thais have been kicked out for bringing their own booze in, the owner and his cronies like a walk around to check what is being consumed.

Edit Just seen your next post, Carabao are big in Thailand. Named after the Philippine name for 'buffalo' been going for over 40 years. Massive in Thailand. 3 of the band studied in Philippines hence the name.

Edited by Horizondave