What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

43 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I've just been sitting outside for an hour enjoying my cup of Red Cup instant coffee as usual but then something strange happened !!!!

I started to feel cold !!!

Aircon on full blast inside and someone opened the door? (Walking past a shopping mall scenario)

15 minutes ago, Zambo said:

Aircon on full blast inside and someone opened the door? (Walking past a shopping mall scenario)

Yeh , that sort of cold! Totally unexpected after months of extreme heat!

I've just been watering the shrubs and started thinking that if I was 12 years old again back home living Dorset I'd do a packed lunch and set off to Sandbanks on my bike to watch the foreign girls going topless .....

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I've just been watering the shrubs and started thinking that if I was 12 years old again back home living Dorset I'd do a packed lunch and set off to Sandbanks on my bike to watch the foreign girls going topless .....

Thank Dog for the mammeries !

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Is this solved?

Common signs of ghosts:

1. Feeling a wave of cold air come over you
2. Seeing unexplained movement out of the corner of your eye
Strange sounds
3. Lights flickering and electronics turning on and off on their own
4. Difficulty sleeping and strange dreams
5. Doors opening on their own
6. Waves of dread

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Zambo said:

Is this solved?

Common signs of ghosts:

Strange sounds
6. Waves of dread

I have seen ghosts before mate. The most memorable being in The Mai Ping Hotel in CM !!

• Haha 2

Just now, Derek Dangleberries said:

There is a downhill stretch as you approach Sandbanks followed by a sharp turn left.... Same same Pattaya !!!

Is it called "Whacker Hill" ?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I have seen ghosts before mate. The most memorable being in The Mai Ping Hotel in CM !!

I nearly had a ghost experience a few years ago.

I was staying longterm in a hotel down Pradiphat Rd and went over to the Elizabeth hotel compound for a haircut. The girl asked where i lived and when i told her she said a guy had been murdered there by a bargirl a few days ago, his gold stolen and the girl had escaped.

When i got back to my hotel i asked at reception and they confirmed that there had been a murder and it was on my floor a couple of doors down the corridor.

In fact she said "the whole floor has been closed down except your room because everyone's scared of the ghost"

I explained that although i had no fear of the poor c**t stalking the floor looking for his gold and revenge i would be pleased to move for their convenience. Huge sigh of relief from all and i was shifted within an hour to safer territory one floor down.

On drunken nights i did on occasion return to my old floor by mistake, the lights were out and the doors creaked through unuse. I was left unharmed, a fellow creature of the night.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Zambo said:

Is this solved?

Common signs of ghosts:

Strange sounds
6. Waves of dread

I was just down at the supermarket and I parked in the warm basement carpark then took the lift (elevator) up to the shopping floor...

The doors of the lift opened on their own

A wave of cold air passed over me when the doors opened.

I had an immense feeling of dread when I looked at the total bill.

Would that be classed as a ghostly experience?

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, fygjam said:

I was just down at the supermarket and I parked in the warm basement carpark then took the lift (elevator) up to the shopping floor...

The doors of the lift opened on their own

A wave of cold air passed over me when the doors opened.

I had an immense feeling of dread when I looked at the total bill.

Would that be classed as a ghostly experience?

Strangely enough most paranormal activity has similar signs to ventilation and electrical functions - how can we be sure which it is? Added to that the shock of a supermarket bill and i expect you did feel the blood drain from your very heart.

I for one would stick to BigC with a ground floor carpark - better to be safe than sorry.

Edited by Zambo
Reread the post

On 5/2/2024 at 9:12 AM, Lemondropkid said:

Flew Ethihad Abu Dhabi to BKK today.

2.5 hour lay off and then had to wait ages for a crappy little shuttle bus. An hour late taking off, but they have built so much slack into the timetable it was on time!!!

Thought the seats, entertainment system and food were excellent. Going to try Emirates next time. The transfer was so shambolic I'd be loathed to use them again.

2.5 hour lay over and you still don't get an air bridge. Thai airways at BKK way better at shuttling passengers.

I had a similar experience at Doha airport. Both flights into and out of the airport were at remote gates. For such a modern airport, I was shocked to this. Am now very hesitant to fly Qatar because of this. 

• Great Info 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Zambo said:

I nearly had a ghost experience a few years ago.

I was staying longterm in a hotel down Pradiphat Rd and went over to the Elizabeth hotel compound for a haircut. The girl asked where i lived and when i told her she said a guy had been murdered there by a bargirl a few days ago, his gold stolen and the girl had escaped.

When i got back to my hotel i asked at reception and they confirmed that there had been a murder and it was on my floor a couple of doors down the corridor.

In fact she said "the whole floor has been closed down except your room because everyone's scared of the ghost"

I explained that although i had no fear of the poor c**t stalking the floor looking for his gold and revenge i would be pleased to move for their convenience. Huge sigh of relief from all and i was shifted within an hour to safer territory one floor down.

On drunken nights i did on occasion return to my old floor by mistake, the lights were out and the doors creaked through unuse. I was left unharmed, a fellow creature of the night.

I once stayed at that big hotel on Jomtien B.R. (just around the entry bend, forgot the name of it) during Christmas/New Years holiday. My usual placed was booked up.

Seemed like a nice place. Spacious, clean, etc. Even had a fcuking bowling alley.

After booking and being checked in I was relaxing in the room delighted with my find. I then did a little research on the place.....

I learned that when they were building it there was a fire. 96 people were killed in the fire. Fcuk me, even I got spooked.

I think I spent about ten days in the place. Doors slamming constantly, kids screaming, etc. It was noisy as fcuk ! Place was crammed full of Ruskies and Chinese. Dog awful experience. I was never so glad to get out of a place.

But, never saw a ghost.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

I once stayed at that big hotel on Jomtien B.R. (just around the entry bend, forgot the name of it) during Christmas/New Years holiday. My usual placed was booked up.

Seemed like a nice place. Spacious, clean, etc. Even had a fcuking bowling alley.

After booking and being checked in I was relaxing in the room delighted with my find. I then did a little research on the place.....

I learned that when they were building it there was a fire. 96 people were killed in the fire. Fcuk me, even I got spooked.

I think I spent about ten days in the place. Doors slamming constantly, kids screaming, etc. It was noisy as fcuk ! Place was crammed full of Ruskies and Chinese. Dog awful experience. I was never so glad to get out of a place.

But, never saw a ghost.

Never saw a ghost, but brave to stay there....

Laksi Plaza in bangkok not far from Don Muang. Devastating fire and deaths the business never came back. Haunted

3 minutes ago, Zambo said:

Never saw a ghost, but brave to stay there....

Laksi Plaza in bangkok not far from Don Muang. Devastating fire and deaths the business never came back. Haunted

The fire events here are horrific. 

I hate to say it but we are about due for another one.

About to go to the gym, then back to shower and change. Sally is off work today so we will go and buy some flowers then go to the cemetery. Then probably lunch at the Italian restaurant by the flat.

• Like 4
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, galenkia said:

About to go to the gym, then back to shower and change. Sally is off work today so we will go and buy some flowers then go to the cemetery. Then probably lunch at the Italian restaurant by the flat.

Small veggie pizza and a nice spinach salad with Italian dressing would hit the spot about now.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2024 at 2:01 AM, Zambo said:

Is this solved?

Common signs of ghosts:

Strange sounds
6. Waves of dread

Typical night in our house when the mother inlaw is staying. 🤪

• Haha 6

Just went for a fast walk up & down a very steep hil,2.4km,so having a can of Tanglefoot whilst 'er indoors cooks prawns,salmon & ribs & a bottle of Beaujolais is chilling in the fridge😀.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

6 hours ago, galenkia said:

When we were in town the local fire fighters were collecting for their charity, so we both gave them £20 each. I always have given to good causes.

• Thumbs Up 6