What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

4 hours ago, Krapow said:

Crack head Ho

:default_527:

" You can take a person out of the ghetto " ... you know the rest of the phrase !

Super happy I got the hell out of Brooklyn ( you can use the same phrase ) because otherwise I would be dead or spending life in prison ... for sure!     Choices, choices and even more choices !

Had a hard time opening my door this morning because of so much snow overnight - check these stats:

The snow records for this day:
Greatest snowfall (1942-2012) - 11.8 cm in 2009
Most snow on the ground (1955-2012) - 18.0 cm in 1971
Currently 45 cm in the past 24 hours, 50+ on the ground.

And it's still coming down - I had our last snowfall cleared yesterday in a couple of hours, when this dump finishes it's going to take me a couple of days...winter, bah....
  • Surprised 4

49 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

Had a hard time opening my door this morning because of so much snow overnight - check these stats:

The snow records for this day:
Greatest snowfall (1942-2012) - 11.8 cm in 2009
Most snow on the ground (1955-2012) - 18.0 cm in 1971
Currently 45 cm in the past 24 hours, 50+ on the ground.

And it's still coming down - I had our last snowfall cleared yesterday in a couple of hours, when this dump finishes it's going to take me a couple of days...winter, bah....

What you need is a machine....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Painter said:

What you need is a machine....

Yeah, I should have bought a Bobcat or similar machine years ago - not to mention building a garage to keep it in - but I chose to blow all of my money on trips to Thailand instead, lol....

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

Yeah, I should have bought a Bobcat or similar machine years ago - not to mention building a garage to keep it in - but I chose to blow all of my money on trips to Thailand instead, lol....

You've always been good company m8, every cent well spent......lol.....

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

Thailand is a much better choice..... until this year!

• Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Feet up watching the snooker.

Played snooker(or tried to) up the club whilst trying to drink out their stock of London Pride,was reduced from £2.70 to £1.90.While I was hopeless at snooker I did manage quite a few beers....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Played snooker(or tried to) up the club whilst trying to drink out their stock of London Pride,was reduced from £2.70 to £1.90.While I was hopeless at snooker I did manage quite a few beers....

Good effort methinks!

It's tea for me tonight, with the odd treat of a glass of squash!

• Haha 1

On 10/29/2020 at 3:38 PM, Lemondropkid said:

Just looking at the odds for the US Election Next President on Betfair- a few highlights

GBP 218 million has traded- fairly hefty🙂 Biden 1.53 , Trump is 2.88. 

Then there is a whole slew of 100 odd people at 1,000 (note this is the maximum price on any event, across all sports e.t.c)

So you are looking at something happening to one of the 2 principals- I'd have thought Sleepy Joe the more likely to not make it over the finish line, but it's the The Don.

GBP 553,000 has been traded on Kamala Harris to be the next president at all rates up to 1,000 but easily topped by GBP 1.2 million on Mike Pence🤔

Watching the coverage looking again at the US election market, things have flipped dramatically since last week,

Market is saying Trump has won.  Trump 1.51, Biden 2.96, betting turnover GBP 407 million GBP

• Like 1

Scraped the ice off the car, took the little one to school, spoke with my wife for the first time in 48 hours after her release from Thai hospital so now just sitting having a cup of tea and eating Warburtons crumpets with butter.

Life is looking up.

For those who don't know what a crumpet is :

Warburtons.png

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Survived the first frost on the bank. Was warm enough in the sleeping bag but my feet suffered whilst up and about. So much so that I ordered a pair of heated socks from Amazon.  They seem quite good and come with 2x lithium batery packs to run them.

32 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Survived the first frost on the bank. Was warm enough in the sleeping bag but my feet suffered whilst up and about. So much so that I ordered a pair of heated socks from Amazon.  They seem quite good and come with 2x lithium batery packs to run them.

Geezus!

Did Scott of the Antarctic wear heated socks with lithium battery packs from Amazon on his trek to the pole.

I suppose Hillary had Tenzing Norgay give a few cranks on the generator to charge the lithium battery packs when they stopped for cocoa on their hike up Everest.

Isn't it meant to be uncomfortable, like people who go sailing saying it's like standing under a cold shower tearing up £50 notes.

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Poof.

Whatever next.... central heated tent?

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, fygjam said:

Geezus!

Did Scott of the Antarctic wear heated socks with lithium battery packs from Amazon on his trek to the pole.

I suppose Hillary had Tenzing Norgay give a few cranks on the generator to charge the lithium battery packs when they stopped for cocoa on their hike up Everest.

Isn't it meant to be uncomfortable, like people who go sailing saying it's like standing under a cold shower tearing up £50 notes.

No problem keeping my feet warm normally as like those guys I have good boots and socks, but on this big lake we have to get into the water to land fish, that means spending long periods of time in waders which have very little insulation. Different ball game being stationary for long periods of time without the proper boots.

Having said all of that, I have gotten older, turned into a wimp and feel the cold, I have spent most of the last 7 winters in Asia. Lol

Edited by boydeste
  • Haha 1