What did you learn today?

fygjam

Today, I have been learning some Italian.

Seeing the thread about learning Thai, I will confirm that I have been learning Italian for the last 6 weeks on Duolingo. I am doing it the free route which includes some ads, and I am considering the pay option which works out about £4.99 a month.

I really like the APP but unfortunately they don't offer a Thai course.

• Like 2

On 11/13/2023 at 12:21 PM, Phantom51red said:

I learned not to order anything again from lazada without changing it to English first.

Thought I knew what I was doing but ordered the same item 3 times ,well glad it's wasn't expensive, and suppose I could always use the other 2 for my knees 555.

1000037855.jpg

Lazada and True phone drive me ape shit sometimes.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/15/2023 at 6:01 PM, forcebwithu said:

I never knew there was such a thing as dog dancing competition.

I know I'm fcuked up when I think the dog is as beautiful as the girl....

Actually, that brought some tears. The love that girl and dog share must be incredibly deep. The thought of them being separated one day by fate is emotional for me.

There is no greater love in life.

Edited by Glasseye
  • Like 1

I have been getting increasing numbers of spam on the junk folder of my Hotmail account in the last few months.

All I do is delete, block or report the annoying email.

Noticed in the last few weeks that I was getting more and more spam, and on looking 99% of my spam was from @rdl......with a name or differing letters after. This was getting annoying, as to report, delete or block was becoming a time consuming job. There are so many combinations of what could be after @rdl that I knew it was time to do something.

Well, I don't want to preach to those who are already in the know and apologies for adding details here. Anyhow I noticed you can set up a rule to delete any incoming emails that include a particular word or letters. 

Go into Hotmail and at the top right side you will see 3 dots. Click on the dots and you will see more options, one of which is RULES, click on this and you will see MANAGE RULES. You can then add a rule that will stop all spam being placed into your junk folder.

I never thought it would work but within a short time I have stopped receiving all that spam. I now receive only a few junk messages from bona fide companies that I have chosen not to place into my inbox. Just wish I had done this some months back. 

Hotmail Rules.png

• Thanks 2
  • Great Info 2

Today I met an Englishman who lives relatively near to the village.

I learned that he likes to drink alcohol, as much as possible, as often as possible and as cheaply as possible. Alcohol is his sole topic of conversation and would appear to be his very reason for living.

That’s 5 minutes of my life I’ll never get back…

• Haha 5

Neil Armstrong; the first man to walk on the moon, earned a little over $27,000 a year in 1969. Breaking that salary down to an hourly rate means he was paid around $33 for his walk on the moon.

The test pilot that flew the first C-17 from Long Beach to Edwards Air Force Base in 1991 received a $60,000 bonus, in addition to his regular salary.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, forqalso said:

Neil Armstrong; the first man to walk on the moon, earned a little over $27,000 a year in 1969. Breaking that salary down to an hourly rate means he was paid around $33 for his walk on the moon.

The test pilot that flew the first C-17 from Long Beach to Edwards Air Force Base in 1991 received a $60,000 bonus, in addition to his regular salary.

From what I read, Neil Armstrong was a bit of an oddball character wasn't he?. Then again, that doesn't detract from his achievements.

2 hours ago, forqalso said:

If you ever met him (is he still alive?) how long would it be before you asked him about walking on the moon?? 😀🫤

1 hour ago, Smiler said:

If you ever met him (is he still alive?) how long would it be before you asked him about walking on the moon?? 😀🫤

It would be impossible not to. But whatever you do, don’t accuse Buzz Aldrin of lying about going to the moon..

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, forqalso said:

It would be impossible not to. But whatever you do, don’t accuse Buzz Aldrin of lying about going to the moon..

Fair fucks to Buzz 👍not sure when that was filmed but he is got to be getting on a bit. Good on him for punching the twat 👍

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

11 minutes ago, forqalso said:

Looked like a pretty solid punch too. Buzz looks to be in pretty good shape. Astronaughts tend to be pretty fit people.

Unfortunate though he didn't knock the blob of sh#t to the ground and stomp on his head a few times. 

Fcuking knob heads. Mother Fcukers got nothing else better to do ? WTF ???!!!

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1