Vloggers and the future.

Butch

Watching these "vloggers" has been my one way of trying to keep in touch with what has been going on during my extended absence whilst I waited for my new hip.

They do get repetitive particularly as most always seem to take in Tree Town (what a ghastly grave yard) , Soi Buakhao, Second road and Soi 6.

For those readers who have given up on these "Vloggers" I can assure you that you have not missed much because little has changed. That's not quite true as new bars still seem to keep popping up irrespective of the lack of potential customers.

There is a common theme. The number of customers anywhere ( LK Metro possibly excepted) are very few and far between. How the bars in Soi 6 keep trading day after day without apparent customers is ....... ?

Of course these "Vloggers" only film whats going on as they ride past. Easy to see the answer is "not much" in the individual open air bars and collectives such as Tree Town.

Personally I would skip all those and be heading to the "Air Conditioned" clubs in, say, Soi Boomerang or the many other alternative so called "Gentlemans" clubs/bars that are all over Town.

Edited by Jambo
repeated misguided ramblings
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, thegrogmonster said:

If I was sitting in a bar would these people respect my privacy and not include me in the vidoes they are making?

They seldom respect any privacy whatsoever. The only one which made a deliberate effort to blur and not to film in bars was Kev in Thailand (RIP). I had a chat with him in Metro Bar one evening just as he was beginning to get large umbers of subscribers and shortly after he'd decided not to film in bars, basically he said he treated people how he wanted to be treated.

He also mentioned the jealousy and bad treatment / rumours about him spread by others. He'd been accused of being a child molester, a snitch, a scam artist and a thief among others, purely out of jealousy and they were all unfounded and untrue accusations.

Kev was "old school" in his approach to life and a genuine "old school" kind of bloke. He used to run a scrap metal merchants in London on the A13 which I'd actually visited and delivered to in the early 90's as it turned out. small world eh?.

Most Vloggers today are purely in it for financial gain, and the first thing which go to the wall where money is concerned are morals.

• Thumbs Up 5

5 hours ago, thegrogmonster said:

If I was sitting in a bar would these people respect my privacy and not include me in the vidoes they are making?

There is a fairly high profile English guy and his Thai wife who blog around Isaan. I managed to endure 5 minutes of one of their vids, that was more than enough of the self importance.

I saw them at Central in Udon, he threw a hissy fit over something or other and made a twat of himself. She was trying to disown him.

Couple of hours later they walk into the Brickhouse and to their  credit, ask Max (the boss) if they can film at a table. He said no, too many people and that was that. No drama, they obviously knew Max and sat at the bar with him for the rest of the time I was there.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Smiler said:

There is a fairly high profile English guy and his Thai wife who blog around Isaan. I managed to endure 5 minutes of one of their vids, that was more than enough of the self importance.

I saw them at Central in Udon, he threw a hissy fit over something or other and made a twat of himself. She was trying to disown him.

Couple of hours later they walk into the Brickhouse and to their  credit, ask Max (the boss) if they can film at a table. He said no, too many people and that was that. No drama, they obviously knew Max and sat at the bar with him for the rest of the time I was there.

Sounds like that Farang Issan idiot. That guy has a voice that just grates. His wife seems entitled and treats service staff in venues in which they film as unworthy to speak to her.

I usually don't pay attention to the vloggers themself, but rather to the content. IF a video is entertaining, or educational I will continue to watch it, if not, then I will skip to the next one. 

I might spend a few hours watching a handful of videos from a random vlogger, and then the next have forgotten who it was, but still remember the content. Thats the way it should be. The content is what matters not the presenter.

Some vloggers (none mentioned, non forgotten) seem to care most about their own ego while all their fanboys are having a group wank. This cult of personality as if their are an american president or candidate for the office, a dictator in some horrible country, i don't understand, and truly dislike it.

• Thumbs Up 4

• 3 months later...

For anyone who's bothered by the Pattaya vloggers, get a load of these guys.

The idiot in the video is named Jino, the sidekick and cameraman  of the infamous livestreamer Johnny Somali (real name Ismael Ramsey Khalid). Jino was on Khao San Road in Bangkok and had been provoking the hell out of Thais, yelling that he wanted to fight and then kicked over something (unclear what) to emphasis his point.  

He changed his tune quickly when the door staff at a nightspot and a bunch of other Thais seemed more than ready to give him a fight.  Jino apologized profusely and offered to pay for any damage. That's the definition of a total loss of face, but it's not something Jino is smart enough to understand.  

He did post later on the Net that he couldn't "troll" in Thailand because the locals turned against him so quickly and overwhelmingly.

Johnny Somali caused a lot of uproar in Japan for provoking Japanese people in even a worse manner.  Do a search for "Johnny Somali Japan" for the details.  But Johnny not only got his ass kicked, he was arrested, fined, sentenced to six months in jail and deported from Japan.  He then went to Israel, where locals also, shall we say, confronted him physically.  

The knockout punch comes at about 1.30 in the clip below.

These guys make the Pattaya vloggers look like third graders.  

Evil

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

The idiot in the video is named Jino, the sidekick and cameraman  of the infamous livestreamer Johnny Somali (real name Ismael Ramsey Khalid). Jino was on Khao San Road in Bangkok and had been provoking the hell out of Thais, yelling that he wanted to fight and then kicked over something (unclear what) to emphasis his point.  

He changed his tune quickly when the door staff at a nightspot and a bunch of other Thais seemed more than ready to give him a fight.  Jino apologized profusely and offered to pay for any damage. That's the definition of a total loss of face, but it's not something Jino is smart enough to understand.  

He did post later on the Net that he couldn't "troll" in Thailand because the locals turned against him so quickly and overwhelmingly.

Johnny Somali caused a lot of uproar in Japan for provoking Japanese people in even a worse manner.  Do a search for "Johnny Somali Japan" for the details.  But Johnny not only got his ass kicked, he was arrested, fined, sentenced to six months in jail and deported from Japan.  He then went to Israel, where locals also, shall we say, confronted him physically.  

Evil

Unfortunately, posts like this give them more views, and therefore more money. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bazle said:

Not really.  I didn't link to videos with Johnny Somali or Jino as the creators and they can't earn money unless they are the creators.  I linked to clips on X and YouTube that excerpted some of the worst parts of J and J's live streams.  These clips don't register as "views" for J or J.  The creators of those clips could potentially earn money,  but they are so small-scale they don't meet the criteria for money-earning status.  The poster of the Osaka video clip on YouTube is called Green Cyclist and has only 157 subscribers and 11 videos on his channel.

Because of the extreme nature of Johnny and Jino's live streams,  they are allowed on only one platform, Kick.  Unless a member of Thailand-247 watches the live streams on KIck, there's no possibility for them to earn money.  One could possibly argue that excerpt clips such as I posted can indirectly help creators like Johnny and Jino by spreading their "fame," but I doubt any Thailand-247 member will head to Kick and pay to watch their live streams.

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

Evil

Love it when assholes like him get pay back.

• Thumbs Up 7

3 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

Not really.  I didn't link to videos with Johnny Somali or Jino as the creators and they can't earn money unless they are the creators.  I linked to clips on X and YouTube that excerpted some of the worst parts of J and J's live streams.  These clips don't register as "views" for J or J.  The creators of those clips could potentially earn money,  but they are so small-scale they don't meet the criteria for money-earning status.  The poster of the Osaka video clip on YouTube is called Green Cyclist and has only 157 subscribers and 11 videos on his channel.

Aren't the people copying the original videos guilty of copyright infringement? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bazle said:

Aren't the people copying the original videos guilty of copyright infringement? 

Maybe, maybe not.  The U.S. has a "fair use" exception to copyright protection that allows portions of a copyrighted work to be used without permission under certain circumstances. It's complicated and Johnny Somali and Jino would have  to first request that YouTube and X take down the videos with the alleged infringements, but it's not at all certain YouTube and X would comply.  YouTube and X could claim fair use regarding the copyrighted video footage.

The creators could then bring a civil suit against the creators of the vids containing the alleged infringements, but it's very unlikely creators like J and J would do so or that they would prevail in court if they did.

For more information, take a look at 17 U.S. Code § 107 - Limitations on exclusive rights: Fair use.  A Google search for "fair use" will turn up hundreds of articles and thousands of comments on fair use.

Evil

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Bazle said:

Had this moron used goggle, he’d soon learn that this type of behaviour would earn him a sound thrashing and he’d deserve it IMHO. 

He was lucky to get away with what he did, but will he learn from the experience, I hope not. 😉

• Haha 2