Do You Sometimes Think About Sh*t Too Much ?

Glasseye

Only when my mind becomes unoccupied with important things that I need to do. 

IMO, and from experience, negative thoughts creep into my head when I am least stimulated by what is around me. The mind often wanders sometimes just idle day dreaming, other times worrying about what could happen in the future. 

When we are very busy and concentrating on tasks at hand or having fun, negative thought rarely creep into our psyche but  the Devil can make work for idle hands. 

That said, maybe we need bad thoughts to make the good ones feel better.

Here I go, taking shit again. 😀😀 

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

The Thai saying 'You think too much' can be very true, and not just an excuse trotted out by your favourite bargirl regular when she's f***d you off for a higher paying regular!

Dwelling on things you can't change, or worrying about things that haven't yet happened, and might not even happen, is not a good a good place to be. I used to, but learnt through various work done on myself when i got clean and sober, to be able to deal with such feelings better now. 

No idea if Mr Clemens did make this quote below, but i kinda like it anyway!

DPrECy2XUAIttiD.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

13 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Do ya ?

I know I do.

Never really thought about that..... I'll spend some time on it after i've come to an opinion on how even though gravity is pulling inward on space-time (the "fabric" of the cosmos) it keeps expanding outward faster and faster. No matter how i crunch the numbers it just doesn't add up - madness.

• Haha 3

Depends what you mean by "shit".

Shit as in turds, no. Although I do look at the paper before flushing it down the pan.

Shit as in, stuff that I can't control, yes.

I sometimes think about the outcome of an event which will effect me, sometimes to the point of worrying myself too much over it. Let me give an example which we'll all hopefully identify with:

Getting to the Airport. I end up worrying and overthinking shit. I worry about contingency plans if it goes wrong, there is a delay or there is an issue. I worry about how I can work around scenarios which, in reality have very little chance of presenting themselves, but to me, eventually become a certainty. One trip I was concerned the Water pump and cambelt on my car would fail on the journey to LHR. The same car which drives 250 miles a week with no issues. I worked myself up about it so much that the weekend before I ended up replacing both, ahead of service schedule.

My biggest worry is about my daughter and the state of the UK at the moment. I should stop reading the Daily Mail, but reading about stabbings, murders, feral kids, asylum seekers raping girls, grooming gangs and scam artists, I just hope she gets enough nous to not end up homeless and destitute. Although as long as I'm alive that won't happen.

There are people I've met whom I really don't give a f**k about. I don't even give them any space in my head if I've upset them, and if they are upset with me and I'm living rent free in theirs, then good.

Those I love and care for, I do worry about too much.

• Like 3
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, Butch said:

Shit as in turds, no. Although I do look at the paper before flushing it down the pan.

I sometimes think about the outcome of an event which will effect me, sometimes to the point of worrying myself too much over it. Let me give an example which we'll all hopefully identify with:

Getting to the Airport. I end up worrying and overthinking shit. I worry about contingency plans if it goes wrong, there is a delay or there is an issue. I worry about how I can work around scenarios which, in reality have very little chance of presenting themselves, but to me, eventually become a certainty. One trip I was concerned the Water pump and cambelt on my car would fail on the journey to LHR. The same car which drives 250 miles a week with no issues. I worked myself up about it so much that the weekend before I ended up replacing both, ahead of service schedule.

My biggest worry is about my daughter and the state of the UK at the moment. I should stop reading the Daily Mail, but reading about stabbings, murders, feral kids, asylum seekers raping girls, grooming gangs and scam artists, I just hope she gets enough nous to not end up homeless and destitute. Although as long as I'm alive that won't happen.

There are people I've met whom I really don't give a f**k about. I don't even give them any space in my head if I've upset them, and if they are upset with me and I'm living rent free in theirs, then good.

Some of what you said is good planning, the rest is a touch of paranoia. 

Striking a balance is key.

I subscribe to the philosophy of don't worry about what you can't influence,  but still like to plan for the unforseen circumstance.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, boydeste said:

Striking a balance is key.

I went to a fortune teller.

She looked into her crystal ball and smiled.

So I hit her.

I like to strike a happy medium.

• Haha 7

I avoid all the triggers that make me think about shit but for some reason I mentioned Mad Fred in another thread and off I go in a spiral downwards into despair ..

I reviewed a couple of vids sent to me in a PM and think about what a fantastic man Mad Fred was. Every soldier was expected to be the best and he constantly challenged you as an individual to be better than he was. There is no wonder so many became Special Forces ...

He died aged 82 in 2017 .. RIP Sir.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/7/2024 at 2:50 PM, Derek Dangleberries said:

I avoid all the triggers that make me think about shit but for some reason I mentioned Mad Fred in another thread and off I go in a spiral downwards into despair ..

I reviewed a couple of vids sent to me in a PM and think about what a fantastic man Mad Fred was. Every soldier was expected to be the best and he constantly challenged you as an individual to be better than he was. There is no wonder so many became Special Forces ...

He died aged 82 in 2017 .. RIP Sir.

Cheers mate.

On 1/5/2024 at 11:51 AM, galenkia said:

I have become a lot more comfortable in my life now, I’m in a position where I don’t feel I need to worry about anything.

Famous words.

Few days after that post I ended up in hospital for over a week after having a mental breakdown. Shows how your life can change in an instant.

• Sad 2

33 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Famous words.

Few days after that post I ended up in hospital for over a week after having a mental breakdown. Shows how your life can change in an instant.

Sorry, I just gave that previous post of yours a "thumbs Up" in a sort of reflex action!

I forgot it got overtaken by circumstance. I hope things look better for you soon.

I am finding it hard to mentally get over the fact I have actually had a mild heart attack. I expect to be able to get back to the long walks I was doing after my hip operation but it is just not happening yet. Got a long way to go to get back to normal. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jambo said:

Sorry, I just gave that previous post of yours a "thumbs Up" in a sort of reflex action!

I forgot it got overtaken by circumstance. I hope things look better for you soon.

I am finding it hard to mentally get over the fact I have actually had a mild heart attack. I expect to be able to get back to the long walks I was doing after my hip operation but it is just not happening yet. Got a long way to go to get back to normal. 

Hope you’re feeling better soon mate.

Yeah, it’s the mental side of things that is harder than the physical, in my case I was seeing things and hearing voices that just weren’t there, and you don’t understand what is happening.

Trauma can really f**k you up real bad.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2024 at 9:34 PM, Butch said:

You hit the spot mate. Well said, and nothing else matters.

On 2/1/2024 at 12:35 PM, Jambo said:

Don’t worry mate. 👌

I had 2 proper full on MI’s 22 years ago  😉

• Like 1