We've all met someone a bit "odd" at random occasions.

Butch

28 minutes ago, Butch said:

But this one, for me, takes the biscuit.

I was sat in the pub, minding my own business, reading the Daily Mail when a slightly elderly lady came up to me and said "you have a very negative aura and are surrounded by bad spirits".

Being the kind of guy I am and polite, I didn't tell her to f**k off, but retorted "the only spirits I'm interested in are the ones behind the bar - sorry, can't help you love".

"you really need to be cleansed - you need to banish them all before they hurt you".

Now ,bearing in mind this was a Tuesday afternoon, and there was me, this "mystic karen" and two barstaff (off doing other stuff) there. Slightly random, but all I wanted to do was read my paper. I paused, looked at her and said, "if you can see them, they're probably angry because you're disturbing me reading and enjoying a pint. Take the hint please and leave me alone".

She looked at me and told me they're going to do me harm, then she f***d off as instructed.

I asked Becky (bar manager) who this nimrod was, and she told me she'd been in the pub all morning, saying its cursed and has a portal to another dimension in it. She was going to ask her to leave but as there were no other customers, she allowed her to stay (weather was shite).

I put it down to her being on the sauce a bit too early, but apparently she was drinking water all morning.

There are always oddballs, to some people us lot here on the forum might appear odd to them , such as  @Nightcrawler going out dressed in lederhosen to the local gents lavatories on a friday evening, but bad spriits?. not sure if I'm buying that shite.

Nut jobs.

• Thumbs Up 3

5 hours ago, Butch said:

But this one, for me, takes the biscuit.

I was sat in the pub, minding my own business, reading the Daily Mail when a slightly elderly lady came up to me and said "you have a very negative aura and are surrounded by bad spirits".

Being the kind of guy I am and polite, I didn't tell her to f**k off, but retorted "the only spirits I'm interested in are the ones behind the bar - sorry, can't help you love".

"you really need to be cleansed - you need to banish them all before they hurt you".

Now ,bearing in mind this was a Tuesday afternoon, and there was me, this "mystic karen" and two barstaff (off doing other stuff) there. Slightly random, but all I wanted to do was read my paper. I paused, looked at her and said, "if you can see them, they're probably angry because you're disturbing me reading and enjoying a pint. Take the hint please and leave me alone".

She looked at me and told me they're going to do me harm, then she f***d off as instructed.

I asked Becky (bar manager) who this nimrod was, and she told me she'd been in the pub all morning, saying its cursed and has a portal to another dimension in it. She was going to ask her to leave but as there were no other customers, she allowed her to stay (weather was shite).

I put it down to her being on the sauce a bit too early, but apparently she was drinking water all morning.

There are always oddballs, to some people us lot here on the forum might appear odd to them , such as  @Nightcrawler going out dressed in lederhosen to the local gents lavatories on a friday evening, but bad spriits?. not sure if I'm buying that shite.

They're all over the place mate. And, I respect how you handled the matter. As, most likely I very well may have taken it to another level.

In that environment expect it to happen, be prepared and act accodinging, whcih you have indeed done with this isnstance. Good to see, but expect things like this from time to time, for as long as you imbibe in such enviroment. Handle such things as you have done. When it becomes tiresome, get the fcuk out. Because there are better places to enjoy the kind of things that you appear to enjoy.

Cheere mate !

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Butch said:

Well, you were reading the Daily Mail.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 4

I ran across my share of nut jobs many years ago while doing service work for the phone company; I remember one instance when I was sent to repair a two-party line back in the '70s when everything was analogue and mechanical - the woman living on the premises had a kind of haunted look about her and watched me intently as I corrected the problem and then called my dispatcher to give me a call back so I could test the ring. A minute later when the call came, this woman clasped her hands together, raised her eyes to the ceiling and yelled out loudly, "Praise the Lord!"

I looked at her and said, "What did the Lord have to do with it? I'm the guy who fixed it." whereupon her mouth gaped open and her eyes followed me out the door...

Edited by maipenrai
spelling
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, maipenrai said:

I ran across my share of nut jobs many years ago while doing service work for the phone company; I remember one instance when I was sent to repair a two-party line back in the '70s when everything was analogue and mechanical - the woman living on the premises had a kind of haunted look about her and watched me intently as I corrected the problem and then called my dispatcher to give me a call back so I could test the ring. A minute later when the call came, this woman clasped her hands together, raised her eyes to the ceiling and yelled out loudly, "Praise the Lord!"

I looked at her and said, "What did the Lord have to do with it? I'm the guy who fixed it." whereupon her mouth gaped open and her eyes followed me out the door...

55555555555555 !  Good one Gord. 

Sorry about everything.

Not 100% sure why but I have met most of the nutters in pubs.

I'm the only one in the pub and there are at least 20 empty tables around and this fruitloop decides to sit at my table and speak absolute shit. I told him to f**k off and leave me alone. Next thing he wants to fight me. It wasn't till the barmaid told him to leave or she'll call the cops did he go.

This was at 10:30am just after opening time. I would have preferred having Nightcrawler dressed in lederhosen sit at my table.

• Haha 3

Living and socializing in Pattaya for 15+ years I have met the inevitable number of individuals who ranged from the just odd through the inveterate liars to the the certifiable insane. Sometimes, all on the same day.

One of my favorite member of the "just odd" category was this guy who used to visit aGoGo's armed with an A4 pad. He always sat next to the stage.

When the girls came on the stage to dance he used to draw circles on the pad and write their number in the circle. He would then start grading them with by adding a number from 1 - 10. If they did a shift change he would turn the page and start again.

What he did with the result is unclear as I was told that he never asked any girl to join him and certainly did not bar fine any of the girls.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Haha 1