The modern day Barfine question.

Butch

2 hours ago, Trip said:

Thanks, but I still had to Google "fly".

What with slang and an ever increasing use of acronyms, I'm finding it more and more difficult to understand comments written here and elsewhere. Am I alone in this?

30 minutes ago, Bazle said:

Thanks, but I still had to Google "fly".

What with slang and an ever increasing use of acronyms, I'm finding it more and more difficult to understand comments written here and elsewhere. Am I alone in this?

Maybe, but that hip hop term meaning cool or hip has been around for decades, since the 90s at least.

If you're asking about cool or hip, it's going to take more than google and its AI program Gemini which thinks George Washington was black.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

Just to add a kind of disclaimer, as my post probably sounds a bit lame but is relevant only to the last 8 years or so, and probably connected to having a young daughter who has put a different slant on things.

I first hit the bars in 1987 and I had loads of money as I was working in SE Asia. I remember my first bar fine, I was staying in the Tawana Ramada near Patpong. I tried to leave my room 2 times but returned as my knees were trembling, I was scared at what I was told was the deal. Once out the door, I did arrive at my first bar, went through the heavy blue velvet curtain of Superstar bar and I was smitten. Just took the first girl I saw as I walked into the place.

Bar fining and the girly scene has probably taken a heavy toll on my finances, I would be far richer now than I actually am.

Think a lot of younger guys think the older generation are that fat balder bunch of oldies they like to laugh at. Truth is, most of us have the t-shirt and will probably have had more girl liaisons than those who laugh at us, the quality would have been better too mostly.

In 1988 I went to live in Sabang, Puerta Galera, Philippines. I arrived on 01 October and by the end of the month I had had 31 different girls.

I can no longer maintain that ability but my history of companions isn't really anything I have many photos of and is mainly in the memory cells. Unlike @Yessongs, I have never taken a photo of a girl in my bedroom, I have had photos of girls outside the boudoir, but most have been destroyed by me or past companions. I just won't take the risk of having photos posted on a forum (or stories of liaisons) as they may be used by 'white knights' to ruin what I have going presently. That happened once on another Pattaya based forum and my marriage suffered because of it. 

I am kind of happy I am not bar fining anymore, I just don't think there is real value in it. Back in the day, it was worth bar fining in most bars or go gos, we were spoilt for choice. I am 68, and you would think that I might aim a little bit lower if considering a bar fine. Thing is, I am usually disappointed at what is on offer and the prices seem too high for what would be offered to me.

Still enjoy the scene, both in Thailand and the Philippines but it looks to me that most of those considered a top shelf girl are on social media rather than shaking their booties in a club. From what some say here there are a few clubs on WS that do have a fair share of top shelf girls but it isn't like it used to be.

I will stick to my cup of tea and Oreos with maybe a massage thrown in for good measure.

I'm similar. I think we of a certain age (to be polite) far prefer good meals and real conversations these days to actual naughty participation but we still enjoy a good look and like to read about others as it sparks our memories.

• Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, Butch said:

[...]

I realise we were lucky and newbies to pattaya today have really missed the Sampan.

Old timers already said that when you were a newbie (and also when I was a newbie).

Last time I barfined was around Songkran 2001. Due to circumstances I didn't return to Thailand until February 2009.

• Like 2

I’m looking at title of this topic modern day barfines. Modern day ladies do their business online . Dating apps, tinder, facebook. That’s why In my opinion you don’t see the stunning ladies that you would have met in bars years ago . 

• Like 3
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

37 minutes ago, Homor said:

I’m looking at title of this topic modern day barfines. Modern day ladies do their business online . Dating apps, tinder, facebook. That’s why In my opinion you don’t see the stunning ladies that you would have met in bars years ago . 

Very good point mate and one that I'd missed actually.

There's no doubt that this has had a big effect on BF's as we know them, but I'd ask to what extent that's borne out "on the street". Do girls use it as a back up or as a main source of income?. I really don;t know!

• Like 1
  • Great Info 2

Whatever approach you take whether a bf, a spontaneous  hit, a pull on TF, whatever.... There is going to be time, cost and risk factors. Slice it, dice it, put it in a frying pan. The same rules apply everywhere you travel/live. It's just the accessability factor here is more favorable than most places. That can be both a positive and a negative.

Different strokes, for different folks. More than one way to skin a cat. 

Paying a bf is not the most "value" driven approach to getting your willie wet, but it can have advantages depending on your frame of mind at a particular point. 

The fun I had at some places (particularly B.Dolls) offset the cost of paying a bf once in a while, big time. IMO not much comes close to having the fun that I (and some others in here) have had there. 

In the end it all balances out, but you have to balance things properly. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

5 hours ago, Yessongs said:

@Horizondave I can no longer maintain that ability but my history of companions isn't really anything I have many photos of and is mainly in the memory cells. Unlike @Yessongs, I have never taken a photo of a girl in my bedroom, I have had photos of girls outside the boudoir, but most have been destroyed by me or past companions. I just won't take the risk of having photos posted on a forum (or stories of liaisons) as they may be used by 'white knights' to ruin what I have going presently. That happened once on another Pattaya based forum and my marriage suffered because of it. 

Just to clarify a few things here, with respect to taking pics of the gals that I took back in the day. I always asked them if they minded if taking pics of them was going to be a problem? 95% of the time the answer was "no ploblem" Now, if any of these gals had said "No ploblem to take pics, just please do not post any on a public forum etc."  I would have kept my portion of the deal for sure.

Very few did, with the exception of a trip in 2011 to Ko Samui. 2 gals there let me take pics, but asked me not to put on any forum etc. To this day, I never have and never will. When I joined the Secrets Forum in 2008, the "members trip report" section was quite good and vibrant. Alot of us shared our pics, stories, pricing etc. At the time, I was relatively new to ANY forum and found that alot of us had alot in common, liked to kick up our heels on holiday here in Thailand etc. Seeing pics of the talent was a good way for me to gauge where I was at, as far as quality and pricing, check your ego at the door, I was NOT an expert in everything. 

I fully understand your "white knight" scenario. Luckily that never happened to me, but there were 2 clowns on the Secrets Forum who talked shit about me to others in Pattaya. Got word one evening on a dinner gig with one of the board members, he told me they were saying that "yessongs likes to brag about his bar fines" etc. etc. etc. One of these guys was one who was complaining that "no one ever posts trip reports anymore, this forum has really gone downhill" blah,blah,blah. Of course he NEVER posted any reports of any type, other then to complain.

As far as wifey finding out about any of my past fun times here, we have already had "the talk" She is not naive by any means, be rest assured no more bar fines, back to the loom for me anymore. When my buddies come to town, I am fairly certain that she does not think that after dinner, we are all back in our hotel rooms by 8:00pm. I do not think it would be a big deal breaker to her, if she found out I bought a few gals LD's when downtown macking it up with friends.  She does not ask to see my camera, tell me the truth, did you take any girls back to your room? Sorry some ass-holes ruined it for you. 

@Trip I may have been " fly" back in the day, but now I am "no lie" when she asks me questions.....once again, check your ego at the door..I need her, more then she needs me. 😄

I have had many girls give me photos, even would have been happy to have photos taken. The issue for me wasn't whether they gave agreement, that wasn't the issue. The issue was whether anybody would use those photos against me.

I made the error of embellishing a story of my time in Angeles and some forum member gave my wife a log in to see what I had written, damage done and I am no longer married to that girl.

Even keeping photos in a safe place is not safe where women are concerned. They usually find the photos, especially a while later when you are not being so thorough at concealing them. Very early on I realised it was not a good thing to keep photos around the house. Thing is, even a conversation advising your partner that these photos were taken years before tends to fall on deaf ears, you are just a rat.

Luckily I am no longer in situations where compromising photos are taken.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 5