Football

Thinkingallowed

On 6/16/2021 at 9:34 PM, Aqualung said:

Can't see past France as winners tbh. Belgium won't be far off either. From what I've seen so far it's all been very covid mediocre. Turkey shite, Switzerland shite, Russia shite. Etc etc. 

If England pull their socks up a semi final place is up for grabs surely. 

I thought the Dutch looked impressive last night.

5 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Were England trying to bore the Scotts to death?

I think they must've been,good job I had a mate over to watch it or I think I would've fallen asleep.

All those England players are multi millionaires....& fucking crap at playing for their country.

5 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Were England trying to bore the Scotts to death?

Typical let down after all the hype. 

Same with most games, I still ain't managed to watch more than about half an hour of the few times I have tried watching a game. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, coxyhog said:

I think they must've been,good job I had a mate over to watch it or I think I would've fallen asleep.

All those England players are multi millionaires....& fucking crap at playing for their country.

It was dreadful

• Like 1

Awful from England tonight, Phillips and Rice barely played a forward pass between them all night. Yet Foden was the one taken off🤔 Kane deserved to be hooked though.

As a Spurs fan was horribly reminiscent of when Dier/Winks were paired together, ball only went backwards and sideways.

Scotland were the better team for me.

9 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

Awful from England tonight, Phillips and Rice barely played a forward pass between them all night. Yet Foden was the one taken off🤔 Kane deserved to be hooked though.

As a Spurs fan was horribly reminiscent of when Dier/Winks were paired together, ball only went backwards and sideways.

Scotland were the better team for me.

This is what happens when you have a defensive minded footballer as a manager. Always gonna be more concerned about conceding than scoring. Look at the exciting managers style of football, Fergus on, Clough, Keegan etc., all ex attackers. 

Look at the bench, Grealish and Sancho, both great attackers and creaters who have had great seasons. Yet persists with his usual Rice, a fucking crab. 

Kane had 19 touches, the least of any player on the pitch. What does that tell you. 

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1

34 minutes ago, galenkia said:

This is what happens when you have a defensive minded footballer as a manager. Always gonna be more concerned about conceding than scoring. Look at the exciting managers style of football, Fergus on, Clough, Keegan etc., all ex attackers. 

Look at the bench, Grealish and Sancho, both great attackers and creaters who have had great seasons. Yet persists with his usual Rice, a fucking crab. 

Kane had 19 touches, the least of any player on the pitch. What does that tell you. 

When you listen to him talk, he is as dull as their performance!

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Interesting point about the defender turned manager. I don't mind Rice if he wants to play a single defensive midfielder, but not Rice and Phillips together.

Found it spineless that none of the ex-England internationals getting richly rewarded for commentating on the debacle bring themselves to say anything negative.

Total contrast between what Mancini has done with an above average squad and Southgate.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Interesting point about the defender turned manager. I don't mind Rice if he wants to play a single defensive midfielder, but not Rice and Phillips together.

Found it spineless that none of the ex-England internationals getting richly rewarded for commentating on the debacle bring themselves to say anything negative.

Total contrast between what Mancini has done with an above average squad and Southgate.

The ones I see slated the England performance!

I'm afraid I turned off at half time. Got fed up with shouting in frustration (in miy mind, anyway) when England reached the Scots penalty area, only to play the ball backwards, and spend what seemed like an age "setting things up" in their own half... only for the Scots to push forward,  meaning we either lost the ball (often) or we struggled to reach their goal again.

If I, as a non football fan can see it, why can't the millionaires?

1 minute ago, boydeste said:

The ones I see slated the England performance!

Fair enough I was dipping in and out of the coverage after the game. Was so p******d off by what I'd witnessed.

Can't say I was surprised as he was itching to pick Rice + Henderson

6 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Ian Wright was quite scathing on his persistence with Rice/Phillips and removing Foden and leaving Sancho on the bench. 

You would think we were playing France or Germany not a team like Scotland that we should be confident in beating. (No disrespect to Scotland by the way.) 

Usual England, always lacking in confidence going into matches. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

58 minutes ago, galenkia said:

You make a very good point mate, I hadn't considered that. It's a sad day for English football if that is to remain.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, boydeste said:

You make a very good point mate, I hadn't considered that. It's a sad day for English football if that is to remain.

Problem is who do you replace Southgate with?

Assuming it has to be an Englishman there's not exactly a plethora of choices.