Football

Thinkingallowed

Horrible to watch, and really we shouldn't have been watching stuff like his wife on the pitch crying. 

The medical teams are legends, getting him back. Was a long time, and you don't stop until a Dr tells you.

Everyone should be trained in how to give CPR. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lemondropkid said:

Don't like the look of that back 4.

Trippier an odd selection in front of Shaw, not convinced with Mings and James is a better defender for me than Walker.

Walker didn't do very well in the first half.We started like we were going to hammer them & then ran out of steam.

1 hour ago, coxyhog said:

Walker didn't do very well in the first half.We started like we were going to hammer them & then ran out of steam.

In that heat they were never going at it for the full 90 mins. Good in patches, got the win, build to the next game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coxyhog said:

Brilliant result today🍻

Not easy playing in that heat, 2 8PM kick offs to come will be much better for the way we play.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

Don't like the look of that back 4.

Trippier an odd selection in front of Shaw, not convinced with Mings and James is a better defender for me than Walker.

Assuming Southgate wants Trippier for set pieces (can’t think of any other reason) then I think Walker needs to go and Trippier at RB. 

I’d usually agree with you about Mings but he did OK yesterday so fair play to him.

Id have Shaw pencilled in as one of my dead cert starters - and no I’m not a prawn sarnie fan.

11 hours ago, coxyhog said:

As above. I had Walker as a starter but I think if Southgate wants Trippier that badly he should go to RB as yes Walker wasn’t great

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Whitespider said:

Assuming Southgate wants Trippier for set pieces (can’t think of any other reason) then I think Walker needs to go and Trippier at RB. 

I’d usually agree with you about Mings but he did OK yesterday so fair play to him.

Id have Shaw pencilled in as one of my dead cert starters - and no I’m not a prawn sarnie fan.

Agree on Mings yesterday, think he's the starter now. 

The set piece argument was advanced for Trippier and his tournament experience. The former  is redundant with Mount playing, as for the latter that didn't seem to hold Phillips back🙂

Brilliant to get the win, England's first win an opening Euros game!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

Agree on Mings yesterday, think he's the starter now. 

Got to know Tyrone well when he was at Ipswich. Very nice lad, intelligent and he spoke well after the game today.

We bought him from Chippenham for £10k . . Amazing . . 

• Like 2
  • Great Info 2

3 hours ago, Britboy said:

Got to know Tyrone well when he was at Ipswich. Very nice lad, intelligent and he spoke well after the game today.

We bought him from Chippenham for £10k . . Amazing . . 

Nice one!

They gave a little of his backstory on the BBC during commentary- sure you'll be familiar. The real eye-opener was before he came to Ipswich, he was on the verge of quitting football all together.

A lesson to us all in persistence, although too late for my international career😄

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lemondropkid said:

Nice one!

They gave a little of his backstory on the BBC during commentary- sure you'll be familiar. The real eye-opener was before he came to Ipswich, he was on the verge of quitting football all together.

A lesson to us all in persistence, although too late for my international career😄

Yes, he was a mortgage advisor while playing for Chippenham and he was close to going into the financial world full time.

We wanted to keep him but as a Championship club then we couldn't turn down the millions we were offered. Great profit for the club plus we had a sell-on clause.

Too right, gotta keep fighting to get where you want to be. Vardy another example. In my mid 60's I fear it's too late for me too . . 🤣

• Like 2

After the first round it’s hard to see any clear candidates tbh. Italy? But made to look good. France because they beat a top side? But bottom line is it’s really wide open…… I wouldn’t be placing any bets with any confidence. 

I think France are the best I've seen so far,Mbappe was outstanding.But I was a bit pissed by the end,could've sworn it finished 2-0....😂

As for England with Kane,Foden,Sterling,Mount & Rashford we should be scoring goals.As said before I think Shaw should be at LB & maybe Trippier at RB which is where he usually plays anyway.

18 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Wales playing well, could have been 2 or 3 up right now, but 1 up is pretty good methinks!

That penalty was, er, class....

Start, stop, start, stutter, start, someone lowered the bar by 10 feet..

Edited by Painter

9 hours ago, coxyhog said:

I think France are the best I've seen so far,Mbappe was outstanding.But I was a bit pissed by the end,could've sworn it finished 2-0....😂

As for England with Kane,Foden,Sterling,Mount & Rashford we should be scoring goals.As said before I think Shaw should be at LB & maybe Trippier at RB which is where he usually plays anyway.

Can't see past France as winners tbh. Belgium won't be far off either. From what I've seen so far it's all been very covid mediocre. Turkey shite, Switzerland shite, Russia shite. Etc etc. 

If England pull their socks up a semi final place is up for grabs surely. 

• Like 1