2 years divorced

5 hours ago, Hippyguy said:

After 27 years of marriage  yesterday marked my 2nd anniversary or parting ways   , thankful I found Thailand

I tell a lot of guys at work who are obviously frustrated and moaning about their wives or gfs at home....book yerself at trip to thailand for some me time,no point being unhappy at home or at work,ye only live once.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 6

58 minutes ago, Phantom51red said:

I tell a lot of guys at work who are obviously frustrated and moaning about their wives or gfs at home....book yerself at trip to thailand for some me time,no point being unhappy at home or at work,ye only live once.

I know several guys in a similar situation with their wives and life.

Seems they are afraid of change and continue to live in a miserable environment. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Sad 1

Never married personally, had one lucky escape. Love being single now, can concentrate on work etc and enjoy more great trips to Thailand.

• Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, Britboy said:

Sure, it cost me a fortune, but it was so worth it.

This!

You gotta enjoy life while you can. Money is money, you can get more. Why continue being miserable. 

I don't want to have any regrets in regards to the above. I've spent loads of holidays and going to/doing stuff i enjoy or always wanted to do. And i will continue to do so, it makes me happy, and is so worth it ...

• Thumbs Up 7

27 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

I've been wed to a Thai for 33 years & have never regretted it,you hear a lot about "my girl is different"....my missus is a one off without a doubt.

Congratulations.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Krapow said:

This!

You gotta enjoy life while you can. Money is money, you can get more. Why continue being miserable. 

I don't want to have any regrets in regards to the above. I've spent loads of holidays and going to/doing stuff i enjoy or always wanted to do. And i will continue to do so, it makes me happy, and is so worth it ...

Losing both my parents and sister in their 50’s and being in the same age group has really made me reevaluate my life.

I now don’t worry about anything, just live life by the day.

I have enough money to last me forever but I I do want to get get back working for the sense of purpose each day.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

14 hours ago, boydeste said:

I know several guys in a similar situation with their wives and life.

Seems they are afraid of change and continue to live in a miserable environment. 

I have minimal empathy for these guys. 

Sure the negative financial impact can be devestating. But, I would rather live a lower standard of living with my dignity intact than to waste the rest of my precious years feeding some hog.

Somehow, someway in my early years I recognized within myself that the odds of surviving a marraige was very low. I was able to adjust the emotional governor somehow.

As the years passed I witnessed more and more of the marraige carnage which reinforced the recognition that I was wise with my choices (at least in that respect). 

At my age and time in life now I appreciate even more the vision I had as a young man. No doubt there are challenges, but most days are good even considering. The other option surely would have resulted in sheer misery.

• Thumbs Up 4

6 hours ago, Yessongs said:

8 1/2 years married to wifey here.....

My first wife was quite frankly, very cool as a general rule. Law School Graduate, corporate Attorney for Lockheed. We certainly fitted in the category of " we just grew apart" We had different ideas of how life was going to look later....she wanted to sell the house in San Jose, Calif and move to central Calif...I didn't...she liked San Luis Obispo.....I didn't.....it was the beginning of the end. Marriage counseling was good, no finger pointing, just telling the "shrink" how we both felt and she helped alot but.............at the end of the day she said to both of us " there is only 1 reason to stay married to each other, and that is do you still truly love each other"?  Good narrative..

We were both smart enough to figure out that if we both go out and get attorney's etc...it is going to cost a bundle. We both acted like adults, figured out after 15 years of marriage what was fair to both of us, my kids college etc and it all worked out. We are still friends today and I see her when I go back to Calif...I got the house and she got a "lump sum" payout from me and we were both happy. 

Luckily, I knew that I was not going to sit around and be miserable the rest of my life, and kept in touch with wifey whom I met back in 1999, when we hired her here in an office we opened in BKK. That was a wise decision to keep in touch with her. Told her in 2003 sadly I was getting divorced, she told me to work on saving my marriage but...if it does not work out, then do what is right for you. 2005 the divorce is final, I came back here to Bangkok, called her up and asked her if she wanted to meet me for dinner right? She said "Yes, I will make the plans and come to your hotel" Damm..I was impressed, she took me to a dinner cruise on the Chaophraya River.....and the rest as they say..is history. After that evening, I think we both knew, this will no longer be a " business relationship" 

That night after our date,  I told her she could stay at my hotel with me on Silom right? To this day I will never forget her response "Yeah, you wish"  

No regrets about Rachanee..she has been everything I wanted and more. And....she can throw a football and likes to have fun. 

IMG_4171 (1).jpg

IMG_7233.jpg

IMG_0555 2.jpg

The best part of all of that is that you had the sense and composure to cut losses early while maintaining a positive outlook on the future. Congrats man.

• Thumbs Up 3

Posted (edited)
On 5/7/2024 at 2:55 PM, Trip said:

The best part of all of that is that you had the sense and composure to cut losses early while maintaining a positive outlook on the future. Congrats man.

Cheers. Many times things work out well. I always appreciate when I see those types of relationships. I never say never, but I knew over time (at least up to this point) that the risks were too high for me.

As the Poco song says, "It's a Good Feeling to Know". I hope things continue to work well for you. I have a hankering they will.

^^^^ @Yessongs

Edited by Glasseye
  • Thumbs Up 2