Random Pictures. (Just add one photograph that you personally have taken).

john luke

Memorial Day Holiday in America today. Wifey and I went downtown to this city called "Los Gatos" and have 4:00pm dinner. 90 degrees today, quite warm.

Got into this Italian place, this couple brings in their dog in a stroller? Calif people never cease to amaze. Food was great. 

Down by the Library, they built this wall to show respect to all of our service men/women for their dedication to keeping our country safe. Well done to our service men/women. Much respect from me. 

IMG_5062.jpg

IMG_5063.jpg

IMG_5073 2.jpg

IMG_5091.jpg

IMG_5094.jpg

IMG_5095.jpg

IMG_5096.jpg

IMG_5111.jpg

IMG_5117 2.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

I posted these pics a few years back on Ssssss forum. I'm looking for a little help from our British members with any information on this hand made bell. It was my Grandfathers and I have no idea where he got it. I'm figuring WW1. It says RAF on it. The handle is a brass casting of an airman with high altitude, cold weather gear with parachute. Heavy mittens/gloves and sheep lined hat with ear muffs. The bell looks to be of an artillery shell or an aerial bomb. It's very heavy. As you can see in the photos it has an emblem and RAF cast onto it. In my limited research I have not seen anything like it. It must have some historical meaning to it. 

Anyway I'm hoping someone here might be able to help me in finding a little history on it. It's very heavy and pretty darn cool if I do say so myself. Any information is greatly appreciated. 

20170918_093059.jpg

20170918_093111.jpg

20170918_093123.jpg

20170918_093204.jpg

• Like 2