Random Pictures. (Just add one photograph that you personally have taken).

john luke

Well...ever heard of the saying "It's on a slow boat to China"?  Well......that is exactly how our clothes etc. got here to wifey's house Tuesday. Obviously all the clothes, heels etc. I bought her in USA over almost 4 years, were not going to fit in 2 suitcases. 

She took the task to find a way to get it all here and well, well, well...she found a "Thai" freight forwarder in South San Francisco to do it all.....what a shocker huh? LOL!  Got to give it up to these guys, they picked it all up at my home, we boxed it all up, they took it to their facility, shrink wrapped 14 regular boxes, 1 wardrobe box ( for her high end dresses that cannot be folded of course LOL!) and it was " door to door" delivery with them taking care of all the customs documentation etc. 200 baht charge on delivery for customs clearance. 

Left SFO on Oct 17th , was told by the Thai guys in SFO that it would be about 60 days to your door, they were right. First stop was in Hong Kong, traded container ships there and was put on another boat to SE Asia with stops in Guam, Philipines, Thailand, Indonesia, and Malaysia I was told. Anyone want to take a guess how much this cost? If you're really bored LOL! 

Thank God, they did not lose one of her boxes with her shit in it you know? I would not want to be the customs/cargo guy that had to deal with her 😆

IMG_1739.JPG

IMG_1745 (1).jpg

IMG_1752.JPG

IMG_1755.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Surprised 1

We just did the same from Pattaya to Angeles city. Used a local company recommended by GF Filipina friends. Two 'jumbo' size boxes, picked up and will be delivered to our home in Angeles. Looking at your photo I would say each box was about the size of two of the smaller boxes you used. Each box was 4,800 baht. 

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, biggles said:

We just did the same from Pattaya to Angeles city. Used a local company recommended by GF Filipina friends. Two 'jumbo' size boxes, picked up and will be delivered to our home in Angeles. Looking at your photo I would say each box was about the size of two of the smaller boxes you used. Each box was 4,800 baht. 

Good price I think.....

11 hours ago, KhunDon said:

My wife just insists on having 2 complete wardrobes in both UK and Thai homes, that way she can use her luggage allowance to carry 24+ kgs of chocolates to Thailand and herbs, spices, dried meats etc on the return journey. 🙏

Yep, she did leave SOME of her clothes at my home.....but most were shipped back here. Life with a Thai bird huh??  Priceless LOL! 

7 hours ago, boydeste said:

@Yessongsno idea what that would cost, but her smile when it rocked up was probably worth every satang. 

It was $1,850 USA all in to get it here by boat. Not bad really. Like I said, she takes "no mercy" on making sure her stuff is well taken care of. Like yesterday, went to OTOP, Sports World and HomePro expo at Impact right? She decided we need an air conditioner/humidifer in our upstairs bedroom.  Picked up this "Dyson"  model. Jesus Christ, this guy earned his money. He must have answered every question on the planet for 30 minutes that she  had.....she also made him put it together with all the filters etc and box it up and he put it in a cart and took it out to our car too!  It was cool, I just walked around and "oogled" the cute girls working there LOL! 

IMG_1783 (1).jpg

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 12/17/2022 at 8:29 PM, KhunDon said:

My wife just insists on having 2 complete wardrobes in both UK and Thai homes, that way she can use her luggage allowance to carry 24+ kgs of chocolates to Thailand and herbs, spices, dried meats etc on the return journey. 🙏

Exactly same as my wife. 

• Like 1

On 12/15/2022 at 5:36 PM, Yessongs said:

Well...ever heard of the saying "It's on a slow boat to China"?  Well......that is exactly how our clothes etc. got here to wifey's house Tuesday. Obviously all the clothes, heels etc. I bought her in USA over almost 4 years, were not going to fit in 2 suitcases. 

She took the task to find a way to get it all here and well, well, well...she found a "Thai" freight forwarder in South San Francisco to do it all.....what a shocker huh? LOL!  Got to give it up to these guys, they picked it all up at my home, we boxed it all up, they took it to their facility, shrink wrapped 14 regular boxes, 1 wardrobe box ( for her high end dresses that cannot be folded of course LOL!) and it was " door to door" delivery with them taking care of all the customs documentation etc. 200 baht charge on delivery for customs clearance. 

Left SFO on Oct 17th , was told by the Thai guys in SFO that it would be about 60 days to your door, they were right. First stop was in Hong Kong, traded container ships there and was put on another boat to SE Asia with stops in Guam, Philipines, Thailand, Indonesia, and Malaysia I was told. Anyone want to take a guess how much this cost? If you're really bored LOL! 

Thank God, they did not lose one of her boxes with her shit in it you know? I would not want to be the customs/cargo guy that had to deal with her 😆

IMG_1739.JPG

IMG_1745 (1).jpg

IMG_1752.JPG

IMG_1755.JPG

Yessongs, sorry if I missed the post/thread, are you and the Mrs.'s moving to LOS? Interesting post. 

6 hours ago, CalEden said:

Yessongs, sorry if I missed the post/thread, are you and the Mrs.'s moving to LOS? Interesting post. 

Cal, yeah we arrived back here Oct 12th at her home in Minburi. We had a blast in USA for almost 4 years, waited until all the Covid crap settled a bit, as she got there May 2019 to help me with my Mom after my Dad died. Mom did not last long, 10 months after she passed away too. 65 years they were married. 

Got their house sold in Aug 2022, settled all the estate and we are back here now. My home is still there, it is killing me to have to pay a "property mgmt" company every month!  But some one has to look out after it for me, as no one else is around now you now. 

Edited by Yessongs
  • Like 1

Had to do a double take yesterday as the cruise ship was back in the bay, I loose track of the days and it has only ever rocked up on a Saturday previously, Fucker turned up Thursday this week, so I hadn't missed my Friday flight out of here after all. Lol. 

20221222_205755.jpg

• Haha 3