Recomended TV Programs to Watch from Live TV and Streaming Services (Threads Merged)

galenkia

1 hour ago, Glasseye said:

Anyone watch "A Man Called Otto" ?   Tom Hanks

I am only five minutes into it and digging it. But... you never know.

I really enjoyed that movie. Quite a diverse set of characters from all walks of life. A well told story without going OTT on wokeness.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

I really enjoyed that movie. Quite a diverse set of characters from all walks of life. A well told story without going OTT on wokeness.

The last two posts caused me to take a look at what this movie is about. It has an IMDB of 7.5. I added it to my "to watch movie list", which is quite lengthy (200). The 7.5 IMDB rating puts it in my tier 1 Group, which only has 31 entries. I watch maybe one movie per week. Not sure why, but I tend to prefer the shorter tie length TV series.

In any case, what I noticed is that Truman Hanks is an actor in the cast. This is Tom Hanks' son. Given that both are identified as playing "Otto Anderson", I assume that Truman plays that character at a younger age. A little interesting I thought. 

• Like 1

On Netflix Mark Cavendish: Never Enough , I don't think you need to be a cycling fan to enjoy this documentary, it's about the highs and lows of being an elite athlete and also his struggles with mental health and what the stress can do to those around him 👍

• Like 1

7 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

One thing guy and I am certainly not trying to pick a fight. I have been hearing the term woke for several years now and I still have no idea what that is supposed to mean.

Sounds like total White Culture bs.

• Thumbs Up 1

Lansky a film from 2021 has just hit Netflix 

IMG_5957.jpeg

I was looking forward to this as Meyer Lansky is a very interesting character... but the film was terrible, the acting seemed wooden and the dialogue was awful ...    4/10 

I read a book called "Little Man" about 30 years ago about his life , that was much better

• Great Info 2
  • Surprised 1

On 8/3/2023 at 12:57 AM, ChiFlyer said:

One thing guy and I am certainly not trying to pick a fight. I have been hearing the term woke for several years now and I still have no idea what that is supposed to mean.

Sounds like total White Culture bs.

Woke is new slang for "no good dirty lib". 

Other than that I also have no idea what it means. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I am watching "The White House Plumbers" (5 episode limited series) and loving it. IMDB 6.8 (underrated IMO).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_House_Plumbers_(miniseries)

This is about the Watergate break in that brought down Nixon. (Da Rump did 5 times worse things IMO, but WTF). Woody Harrelson is great as Howard Hunt, but Justin Theroux is absolutely spectacular as G. Gordon Liddy.

I have often thought that Woody makes the other actors around him better. Matthew Mcconaughey is no slouch, but when he played opposite of Woodie in "True Detective S01" he was better.

Anyway, "The White House Plumbers" is worth a watch IMO. I laughed frequently at the idiocy of the presidential office mismanagement that led to this debacle. Basically, Hunt and Liddy were completely unqualified for this type of operation and the stupidity of what they did is amazing. That Nixon's administration financed the operation is even more amazing. 

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

I am watching "The White House Plumbers" (5 episode limited series) and loving it. IMDB 6.8 (underrated IMO).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_House_Plumbers_(miniseries)

This is about the Watergate break in that brought down Nixon. (Da Rump did 5 times worse things IMO, but WTF). Woody Harrelson is great as Howard Hunt, but Justin Theroux is absolutely spectacular as G. Gordon Liddy.

I have often thought that Woody makes the other actors around him better. Matthew Mcconaughey is no slouch, but when he played opposite of Woodie in "True Detective S01" he was better.

Anyway, "The White House Plumbers" is worth a watch IMO. I laughed frequently at the idiocy of the presidential office mismanagement that led to this debacle. Basically, Hunt and Liddy were completely unqualified for this type of operation and the stupidity of what they did is amazing. That Nixon's administration financed the operation is even more amazing. 

I will be checking this out. Love watching Nixon era stuff.

• Thumbs Up 1

Watched The Meg last night, it’s from 2018 but as my son was off to the cinema to watch The Meg 2 I suggested he’d better watch the first movie. 

We both enjoyed it, some cliched moments / acting but overall very watchable for 2 hours especially as there was a nice Asian lead female 😎

he said  today that the sequel was underwhelming